Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bryce Love RB Stanford

PCS

Who woulda thunk Peyton Barber would have outlasted him in this team's RB room.

It's also crazy to think that a year ago about this time, we were expecting a RB including Peterson, Guice, and Love, and more.

We were all excited and curious how we would spread the ball around to all those "quality backs".

Yet not one of those 3 guys played a snap in 2020 for us.

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

That was always my take, I really liked the pick at the time.   A talent like that in the 4th round was certainly worth rolling the dice on and waiting a year. Such a shame his career was ruined by one play.  

I don’t think that’s at all what happened. He formed scar tissue that limited his ROM and he subsequently had to have more procedures done to address this. Google, “Cyclops lesion”.

7 hours ago, SkinsFootball said:

Well..perhaps this signals a 4th-5th round pick on a running back. Chubba Hubbard brings speed and home run ability. 

I think at this point its really needed to bring at least one draft pick in. The RB room is pretty bare. I know the coaches like Barber, but he's the walking definition of replacement level. There's one good RB (Gibson), a good 3rd down back (McKissick), the decaying corpse of Lamar Miller, and Barber. And that's it.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

t's also crazy to think that a year ago about this time, we were expecting a RB including Peterson, Guice, and Love, and more.

Peterson for sure, was sad to see him go but was never a fan of Guice or Love. Neither had the twitch or explosion I like. On that note neither does Gibson, but at least he shows something.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Peterson for sure, was sad to see him go but was never a fan of Guice or Love. Neither had the twitch or explosion I like. On that note neither does Gibson, but at least he shows something.

Talent-wise, and health/legal issues put aside, I was very excited about Guice. If he could have stayed healthy, and stayed out of trouble, I think he would have been great.

Both of those "ifs" turned out to be too big, obviously.

But even though he didn't have the twitch you mentioned, he more than made up for it, in other ways.

Especially after that first big preseason run, I was excited. The run he got injured on, the first time. Then, I knew ; that his talent was for real, and on an NFL level.

But...oh well. He apparently dropped in te draft, for a very good reason. Many people were right, about his maturity issues. Another sad ending.

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe when he gets his degree and becomes a doctor, he will be able to cure himself, and then return to Washington Football and become a star. Or a Wolf

I am rooting for him to get the M.D.  I am so jealous of any person who has the chance to be known as "Dr. Love" for the rest of their life.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, Anselmheifer said:

Google, “Cyclops lesion”.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:14 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sounds like something, that if I read about, I would not want to see images of, at all.

I definitely covered up one eye when I Googled the images. 

Archived