Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I remember watching that Dallas game and thought to myself, how did he get caught there?  I thought the player may have just had the angle on him.  I’m surprised he runs 4.5, because he looks extremely fast when he runs.  But he, himself said Terry is faster than he is.  Terry’s legs don’t appear to move as fast as Sims, but he’s covering more ground.  Terry said he’s never been caught from behind.

He's pretty short so with his short, quick steps it looks like his legs are moving faster than someone taller with longer strides. Optical illusion isn't the right word, there's probably a real phrase for the phenomenon I'm describing. But it's essentially your mind playing tricks on you because shorter strides just look faster than longer strides, even when they aren't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Potentially two with AGG (but then again, Doctson was supposed to do this as well...so we'll see)

Ahhhhh yes..THANK YOU!!..I was thinking of someone we drafted that was supposed to be that guy..thaaaaaaats who it was..doctson...excellent point and I get your referring to that dude we just drafted but Mclaurin he's that dude..so god damn lucky we have Terry Mclaurin as a Washington Redskin..my favorite football team!!...let's just get summer over with..already went camping....4th of July is cancelled what else is there to look forward too?..Redskins football..Redskins football reeeeeeeddddddssssskkkiiiiiiinnssss fooooooooooooootballlllllllll!!..

Yeah I'm getting pumped!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ahhhhh yes..THANK YOU!!..I was thinking of someone we drafted that was supposed to be that guy..thaaaaaaats who it was..doctson...excellent point and I get your referring to that dude we just drafted but Mclaurin he's that dude..so god damn lucky we have Terry Mclaurin as a Washington Redskin..my favorite football team!!...let's just get summer over with..already went camping....4th of July is cancelled what else is there to look forward too?..Redskins football..Redskins football reeeeeeeddddddssssskkkiiiiiiinnssss fooooooooooooootballlllllllll!!..

Yeah I'm getting pumped!!

With baseball pretty much done (I have very little hope the season gets played), I am pumped for the season. I haven't been looking forward to a season this much in 3 or 4 years--and it has nothing to do with any kind of expectation of challenging for the division, or even being a top-15 team. It's more the abundance of youth--what do we have like 2 starters 27 or over on offense? A REAL defensive coordinator to develop that abundance of actual talent on the d-line, plus a lot of youth to see what we have at LB and DB. We probably won't win more than 5-6 games, but for the 1st time in Snyder's reign of error, there is a functioning adult in charge (Yes Gibbs is definitely a functioning adult, but he still had to contend with Snyderatto's blithering incompetence). There is no back-biting, incompetent, arrogant, silver-tongued, douchebag lackey in the front office any more. It's Smith and Rivera on the same page. A breath of goddamned fresh air*.

*Snyder could fart at any moment and stink the joint out again, but for now, I am relishing the normalcy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Potentially two with AGG (but then again, Doctson was supposed to do this as well...so we'll see)

Doctson could go up and get it as he showed at times. But he also had major issues with concentration on more routine catches, had injury issues, and didn't really seem like a guy who was super motivated, competitive, or physical. Not doubting that he worked hard and was a good teammate, but there was just something obviously missing there.

I've definitely liked some of the things I've seen with AGG, and he definitely seems more physical and competitive than Doctson. But I don't think we should put super high expectations on him. IMO he really is going to have to work on his route running and ability to create separation at the LOS. He dominated lesser competition at Liberty but looked really pedestrian in 1-on-1s during his Senior Bowl practices, where he was going up against much better competition. 

I think he definitely has the tools, but most guys coming from small schools are going to take longer to go from that competition to NFL competition. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Doctson could go up and get it as he showed at times. But he also had major issues with concentration on more routine catches, had injury issues, and didn't really seem like a guy who was super motivated, competitive, or physical. Not doubting that he worked hard and was a good teammate, but there was just something obviously missing there.

I thought the general knock on him was his was soft, disinterested, and lazy. That could be the 106.7 professional scouting service's opinion of him, so I am not sure how accurate it is.

45 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But I don't think we should put super high expectations on him.

I rarely put high expectations on rookies any more--RGIII really beat me into a sense of reasonableness. Although I was joking with people on twitter, about Young's initial sack totals. I said 65, because that's the most I was able to get with LT in Tecmo Super Bowl.

35 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I thought the general knock on him was his was soft, disinterested, and lazy. That could be the 106.7 professional scouting service's opinion of him, so I am not sure how accurate it is.

You guys basically agree, looking at your descriptors lol:

Soft = Not physical

Disinterested = Not competitive

Lazy = Not super motivated

• Thanks 1

Doctson's problem wasn't passion. He could only run fast if it was a straight line. He had no route running and no wiggle whatsoever which is why he never got open(quickness matters waaaaaaaay more than speed).

McLaurin got open more in the first half of the first game of the season than Doctson did in his entire NFL career.

• Like 3

Apologies if this has been posted before:  

Love how Terry uses his hands against Gilmore. When this guy says attack the weak/back shoulder, Terry actually attacks the back shoulder. 

• Like 6

McLaurin is a true #1 WR. 

He has the size, speed, and skills.  Plus, he is smart and self motivated. 

The lack of a realized #2, formidable TE threat and stable LT are his limitations. 

Skins just need time to check those boxes to allow him to reach his potential. 

One thing with McLaurin is that he was (according to people who chart these things) historically good against the press, which is usually a sure-fire way that defenses slow down and truly test young WRs who showed out as rookies. And he destroyed press coverage at an almost 80% clip. All while having the hands, speed and explosiveness of a WR1 as well as the route-running to create separation, and the contested catch ability to be a real threat in the RZ (and anywhere else).

It was an astonishing rookie year and he was really good...instantly. It's crazy that we drafted him in the 3rd for his ST's skills first and foremost and that the entire NFL was fooled bc his college offense spread the ball around a lot. We lucked out big time.

• Like 4