Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Dang DJax at 32 yo still just a hair faster than McLaurin.

Makes me think 22 yo DJax was probably hittin 23-24 mph.

Yeah I had mixed feelings watching both players today.  I like McLaurin a lot.  But I also hated letting D. Jax go years back.  He's probably the best combination of speed and ball tracking ability in the history of the NFL. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I had mixed feelings watching both players today.  I like McLaurin a lot.  But I also hated letting D. Jax go years back.  He's probably the best combination of speed and ball tracking ability in the history of the NFL. 

He's been the greatest deep threat in the NFL since Moss retired. Probably will be remembered as the 2nd best deep threat in NFL history (again, after Moss) 

Edited by Rogue Jedi
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Dang DJax at 32 yo still just a hair faster than McLaurin.

Makes me think 22 yo DJax was probably hittin 23-24 mph.

They should print this and give it out in the defensive meetings next time we play them.  That's like trying keep up with a car pedalling backwards, forget it

• Like 1

D-Jax is a once in a generation talent.  We shouldn't be mad that he still can do what he does.  What makes him D-Jax is not just his top running speed but his quickness and acceleration.  Lots of guys can run fast once they reach their top speed. DeSean's talent goes way beyond that.  Not to mention his world-class ball tracking talent.

With that said D-Jax is not the only WR who gets behind a defense.  Guys get open in every game, every week.  It is just a matter of whether the circumstances are right to deliver the ball.

If Keenum delivers that 2nd ball into McLaurin's hands, he is likely taking it to the house and is probably between 170-200 yards on the day.

Be glad that this organization finally drafted correctly at the WR position.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

When mclaurin was drafted i expected him to be our number 1 receiver this year.

He did not disappoint. Dude nearly had a 200 yd, 2td game in his first as an NFL receiver. 

Refreshing. 

Will be interesting to see how he does when teams start to game plan around him. 

Harmon and quinn looked alright as well. 

Edited by sportjunkie07

41 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

We drafted Devin Thomas (and Fred Davis) ahead of DJAX because we thought he was too small and we wanted a tall WR. 🙄

Right as the NFL was beginning the final transition into a league more about spacing and separation than size, too. We are always behind the trends. Like, the trends can look into their sideview mirror and peel off that sticker that says "objects in mirror may be closer than they appear", because we aren't.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Right as the NFL was beginning the final transition into a league more about spacing and separation than size, too. We are always behind the trends.

Not true at all. We helped start the Read-Option trend and the "****-Up-Handling-Your-Franchise-QB-So-That-He-Ends-Up-Hitting-Free-Agency-And-Becomes-The-Highest-Paid-Player-And-Gets-The-First-Fully-Guaranteed-Contract" trend that's gonna start taking over the league any day now.

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 3

First time poster and 30 yr Skins fan here.

TM did very well today. I loved how he used his speed to burn the defense. They had no clue against him AND it looks like Keenum likes to go to him. The WR corps may not be a dire position as we once thought.

Also looks like he has the rare ability for someone so inexperienced to actually run short, intermediate and go-routes with precision. That was refreshing.

Edited by ShineP
  • Like 6