Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Cohen testifies before the House Oversight Committee

Cooked Crack

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It only took like 9 tries to get a Republican to give a line of questioning that wasn't "you lie. explain yourself."

Also, Meadows is full of **** as usual. Even winked after they called him on his lie.

Meadows is basically the Lindsey Graham of the House. He makes a huge show of things, acts angry and outraged to put on a performance, but at the end of the day he's perfectly aware that he's 100% full of ****.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

These dudes really trying to argue that President T not racist. GTFO.

He has done a lot of racist things since taking office, referring to nazis as “fine people”, saying “both sides” were responsible for the violence in Charlottesville, stoking fears about Mexican immigrants, attempting to silence minority activists, the trail of tears thing... and other things I’m probably forgetting

but aside from that (yeah, I know it’s

way more than enough in just two years) where is the smoking gun, the tape of him saying something patently racist or a picture of him in blackface... something that would absolutely force republicans to not look the other way?

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He has done a lot of racist things since taking office, referring to nazis as “fine people”, saying “both sides” were responsible for the violence in Charlottesville, stoking fears about Mexican immigrants, attempting to silence minority activists, the trail of tears thing... and other things I’m probably forgetting

way more than enough in just two years) where is the smoking gun, the tape of him saying something patently racist or a picture of him in blackface... something that would absolutely force republicans to not look the other way?

Read your first paragraph. People see what they want to see. A tape isn't going to change anything.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Except that he is bringing physical evidence and corroboration of his testimony with him. I'm sure there is some self-serving going on, but I suspect we actually will get the toned down version of the truth which will still be more horrifying than most of us want to believe.

Yeah, the evidence needs to be pretty clear though... the way media is nowadays whatever evidence provided will be simultaneously presented as the holy grail and a nothing burger..... and there is no reason to believe either side implicitly...

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Read your first paragraph. People see what they want to see. A tape isn't going to change anything.

Say that to ray rice et al... 

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I guess my question is...do we really need that smoking gun to come to the conclusion, based on so much other circumstantial (but corroborated ) evidence, that Donald Trump is likely pretty racist?

To be honest though, if the tape of him bragging about sexually assaulting women by grabbing their genitals without consent didn't force them to look the other way, a tape of him calling black people n***ers won't either.

19 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It cracks me up that many of the GOPers keep saying "...with the sole purpose of discrediting the President"  I mean get real, the President lies every time he opens his mouth, he doesn't need Cohen's or Democrats help in discrediting him. 

I find it ironic that they're going to great lengths to say Cohen isn't credible because he's a liar, but Trump is on tape or Twitter, confirmed to be lying about a bajillion times and he's supposed to be credible?  

The easiest way not to see is to close your eyes. The second easiest method is to keep your eyes open, but not acknowledge. 

The Republicans are opting to keep their eyes opening, seeing, and lying through their teeth via distraction, omission, and outright falsehood. 

Archived