Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Cohen testifies before the House Oversight Committee

Cooked Crack

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Sorry, Buzz. I thought it was funny.

Btw, was the Great Buzz always referring to Buzz Lightyear? That would be really cool.

No hurt feelings or need to apologize. 

TheGreatBuzz was my first email address many years ago.  I still use that title for online things like here and footballs pools and such.   Buzz is a nickname I've had since I was 5.  Short version is when I lived in Waldorf, a drunk driver hit me when I was sleeping in bed.  His blinker got stuck in my skull.  Flew to Childrens hospital where they shaved my head to fix me.  A buzz cut.  And I have had the name ever since.  Most people don't even know my real first name.

Edit:  And that was over 30 years ago, long before Buzz Lightyear. 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

The easiest way not to see is to close your eyes. The second easiest method is to keep your eyes open, but not acknowledge. 

The Republicans are opting to keep their eyes opening, seeing, and lying through their teeth via distraction, omission, and outright falsehood. 

I normally roll my eyes when you go on rants about the republicans, but this is exactly how I feel. 

And of the active board members in political threads I’m probably one of a small group that would consider voting for a republican in the future. 

I get that politcis is partisan, and that congressional hearings are a circus act. 

But at the minimum - the absolutely minimum - we know trump is worthy of investigating. 

I dont know to what extent he did and didn’t do/know certain things (I’m still willing to believe it’s possible trump is more of a useful idiot to Russia than actively conspiring with them, if such a case was well made) 

but I know there’s enough that it’s at least worthy of an investigation. And there’s an incredibly good chance it’s for something incredibly serious and potentially sinister 

the display by the republicans today was disgraceful. 

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I agree AOC did one of the best jobs.  Dems let me down today, too many speeches.

*The GOP did what I expected.  That is why I'm not let down by them.

I was let down for this country. To see on full display, again, how ridiculous our system has become is depressing.  

I imagine that the word bipartisan will be thrown out of the dictionary at some point soon. It’s some real Hatfield and McCoy bull****. We’re so lost.

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I agree AOC did one of the best jobs.  Dems let me down today, too many speeches.

*The GOP did what I expected.  That is why I'm not let down by them.

Agreed. I hate the speechifying, no matter who's doing it. Just ask the damn questions and get down to business. I like how AOC handled her time. 

Yeah I know these hearings are often times are partisan, and I can live with that, but the GOP ranting about "destroying the good name of The President" was just too much.  Regardless of whether you think Trump is a criminal or not, the guy is a known liar and crappy human being. 

I am sure there was a better use of their 5 minutes than to act surprised that Donald Trump might be surrounded by liars and snakes who would turn on him if the circumstances were right. 

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

I normally roll my eyes when you go on rants about the republicans, but this is exactly how I feel. 

the display by the republicans today was disgraceful. 

It bothers me too. I used to enjoy the ideological debate between myself and people more conservative (and still sometimes do). I've all but given up on "elected Republicans." Very, very few of them on the national level give me reason to give them any benefit of the doubt.

I actually root for myself to be proven wrong that some of them will stand or that I have fallen for hyperbole or false trails. I look myself in the mirror and ask, "Am I seeing truth or falling into a trap?" So far, my worst prognostications have not only been proven true, but have proven an underestimation of how bad it truly is.

I do believe there are honorable conservatives out there. More and more, I find though that these do not associate themselves with the modern GOP.

So I didn’t get to watch really any of the coverage today, but I did read Cohen’s opening statement on the post and watched AOC (love her) and snippets here or there.

I would assume and hope that Mueller knows all of this stuff already, and if so, he’s got to have Trump lined up for many, many crimes.

Seems to me like Trump was the mastermind in a complete mafia like structure, where he doesn’t need to do anything illegal, he simply has those around him do illegal things for him.  According to Cohen, Trump didn’t need to say “go do illegal things”.  In fact he’d say “don’t do these illegal things” but they’d get done at his direction nonetheless.

I don’t buy the useful idiot narrative any longer.  I think he knew EVERYTHING and I think at least some of it was planned by him.

And then there’s 1/3 of Americans who think it’s all a hoax.

Archived