Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Cohen testifies before the House Oversight Committee

Cooked Crack

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I do believe there are honorable conservatives out there. More and more, I find though that these do not associate themselves with the modern GOP.

The only Republican I can think of that fits that mold is Larry Hogan....and if he runs against Trump, he's going to be called a RINO.

5 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

The only Republican I can think of that fits that mold is Larry Hogan....and if he runs against Trump, he's going to be called a RINO.

And it will be true.  To @Larry's point, there are some honorable conservatives, but the Republican party is 100% Trump sycophants now.  Hogan is a Republican in name only.  

9 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I still have faith in Kasich 

Neither are national. I think both have tried to be honest actors.

Hogan has been pretty cool. I don't agree with everything, but I'm not supposed to.

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I still have faith in Kasich 

Me too but it’s going to be hard for any republican to win again ever since they became a third party. I said in 2016. Democrats lost but not as bad as republicans. Their party was anihilated... destroyed.... gone forever. All that’s left is this GOP’s ****ized version of “conservatism”.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Me too but it’s going to be hard for any republican to win again ever since they became a third party. I said in 2016. Democrats lost but not as bad as republicans. Their party was anihilated... destroyed.... gone forever. All that’s left is this GOP’s ****ized version of “conservatism”.

I'm hoping the same few go team up with Libertarians.  Mesh their ideas together and grow to replace the GOP.

Maybe I should stop drinking. 

Hogan is pretty conservative. Koch’s give him a lot of money.

He has a state legislature that is veto proof and opposite to him so he has no choice.

And Kasich is hard line too.

They just don’t speak in the friendly political language that we are accustomed too but they do/want to do the same things Trump does.

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Hogan is pretty conservative. Koch’s give him a lot of money.

He has a state legislature that is veto proof and opposite to him so he has no choice.

And Kasich is hard line too.

They just don’t speak in the friendly political language that we are accustomed too but they do/want to do the same things Trump does.

I don't know enough about Hogan so I won't speak to that.  Kasich I follow pretty closely since the 2016 campaign.  I agree his positions are probably far too conservative for you.  But he has shown willingness to compromise and doesn't mind speaking/going against the GOP.  And I think that is what a lot of us want at the end of the day.  

I think for these hearings they should lower to time to 2-3 minutes but stop the time while the person is answering.  It would allow for actual answers instead of always cutting him off so they could get their point in before time runs out.

Just now, Springfield said:

May this point, Libertarians are just republicans that are to afraid to say they agree with Trump.

I disagree.  And I challenge you to back that up.

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't know enough about Hogan so I won't speak to that.  Kasich I follow pretty closely since the 2016 campaign.  I agree his positions are probably far too conservative for you.  But he has shown willingness to compromise and doesn't mind speaking/going against the GOP.  And I think that is what a lot of us want at the end of the day.  

I think for these hearings they should lower to time to 2-3 minutes but stop the time while the person is answering.  It would allow for actual answers instead of always cutting him off so they could get their point in before time runs out.

I’m just looking at Kasich’s record. From his stance on abortion, to allowing the voter suppression in Ohio, to his views on taxes and unions, Kasich is your far right. He just doesn’t talk like a jerk the way Trump does. Kasich is far right for most true moderates, let alone a crazy lefty like myself.

Your second point is more about the chairperson stopping the grandstanding. Carol Miller has a 4 minute statement in which she asked one question and continued her response.

I also found it disturbing that the Republican members didn’t think they were elected to uphold the constitution. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I disagree.  And I challenge you to back that up.

I know you aren’t local to VA, but there’s a custom license plate for libertarians.  It’s hugely popular.  People pay more to have to luxury of owning these plates.  They read “don’t tread on me”.  I regularly see these plates accompanied by bumper stickers promoting Trump, anti abortion, anti Obama, etc.

Virginia_tag.png?ve=1&tl=1

Now these people are actually republicans posing as libertarians, are too stupid to know what they’re putting on their own vehicles or simply think that yellow plates with sneks are cool and have no idea what “don’t tread on me” stand for.

Or, it simply could be ignorant republicans. There are a bunch of people around, claiming to be libertarian and acting like trumpublicans and giving libertarians a bad name.

Libertarians used to be a fairly well educated group of people with a unique view on government (that I used to align with but don’t any longer).  Now, I think they’re just this hipster douchebag arm of the conservative movement that just yells “gubment bad!” at every opportunity.

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This was riveting stuff. We couldn't turn it off or look away at work. I think there is now a legitimate shot at impeachment.

I look at it more as a semi-legitimate shot at a proposed meeting about the decision to vote on a committee that will discuss the concept of impeachment. 

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Libertarians used to be a fairly well educated group of people with a unique view on government (that I used to align with but don’t any longer).  Now, I think they’re just this hipster douchebag arm of the conservative movement that just yells “gubment bad!” at every opportunity.

Well you may want to increase your sample size before making a statement like you did about an entire party. 

As for the license plate and other like symbols, it seems to have gotten some misplaced tie to people with nefarious intentions.  It is a likeness to the "first navy jack" which flies on all navy ships (until this June by order of the CNO) and will continue to be on our uniforms.  I hate seeing it misrepresented.

20190227_202754.jpg

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I know you aren’t local to VA, but there’s a custom license plate for libertarians.  It’s hugely popular.  People pay more to have to luxury of owning these plates.  They read “don’t tread on me”.  I regularly see these plates accompanied by bumper stickers promoting Trump, anti abortion, anti Obama, etc.

Virginia_tag.png?ve=1&tl=1

Now these people are actually republicans posing as libertarians, are too stupid to know what they’re putting on their own vehicles or simply think that yellow plates with sneks are cool and have no idea what “don’t tread on me” stand for.

Or, it simply could be ignorant republicans. There are a bunch of people around, claiming to be libertarian and acting like trumpublicans and giving libertarians a bad name.

Or they could be Metallica fans.  

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Libertarians are just republicans that want no govermment existing at all and they are ok with weed 

Not gonna lie, my main draw to libertarianism way back when was that I smoked copious amounts of weed and wanted to not go to jail.

Archived