Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Passion of The Jussie (FKA The Smollett Fiasco)

Spaceman Spiff

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What tipped you guys off that his story was fishy?  I didn't see anything fishy, then again I wasn't looking at it through a cynical lens.

For me it was him saying he didn't realize they put a noose around his neck and then leaving it on for like 40 minutes before the cops got there.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What tipped you guys off that his story was fishy?  I didn't see anything fishy, then again I wasn't looking at it through a cynical lens.

I never commented on it because it was one man’s uncorroborated claim of organized racism.  The attack was too picture perfect for me.  Plus, I didn’t know who this guy was and quite literally everyone is being exposed as shams these days.

I dread the day we find out that Mr. Rogers was actually a kid toucher.  Or Bob Ross was a philanderer.  Or Alex Ovechkin is a Russian spy.

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, yelling racist epithets - check, yelling homophobic epithets - check, putting rope around neck - check, yelling this is MAGA country - check, only thing he missed was having the bad guy twirling his mustache while tying him to the tracks.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

For me it was him saying he didn't realize they put a noose around his neck and then leaving it on for like 40 minutes before the cops got there.

That struck me as very odd too. It sounded very staged.

And that he was attacked with a corrosive liquid but apparently there was no damage. An assailant throws a container of drain cleaner in your face and you are going straight to the ER and probably suffer life-changing injuries. And that he went for a Subway sandwich at 2 in the morning in a Chicago winter, and happened to meet two racists at random at that time who were familiar with him and his career. And had the materials on their persons to stage an unsuccessful attack. 

37 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I dread the day we find out that Mr. Rogers was actually a kid toucher.  Or Bob Ross was a philanderer.  Or Alex Ovechkin is a Russian spy.

Or that Bill Cosby is not America's dad. Or that Gary Glitter, JImmy Saville and Rolf Harris don't have a healthy relationship with children.

Edited by Corcaigh

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

That struck me as very odd too. It sounded very staged.

And that he was attacked with a corrosive liquid but apparently there was no damage. An assailant throws a container of drain cleaner in your face and you are going straight to the ER and probably suffer life-hanging injuries. And that he went for a Subway sandwich at 2 in the morning in a Chicago winter, and happened to meet two racists at random at that time who were familiar with him and his career. 

Or that Bill Cosby is not America's dad. Or that Gary Glitter, JImmy Saville and Rolf Harris don't have a healthy relationship with children.

Or that Robin Williams wasn’t actually and decided that suicide was a better way.  Or that Tom Petty and Prince and Michael Jackson were all hopelessly addicted to drugs.

2010 is the decade that uncovered all of our favorite people as just normal humans with normal human problems.

56 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You mention the "certain other elements" but the fact is the opposite side from those elements did in fact seize upon the assault to attack the opposite group which I think was the most likely motivation behind this.  And yes now it will blow back in the opposite direction.  Should a crime designed to drum up hate be a hate crime?

As far as your first part goes, there's a difference to me.  I'm speaking in generalities, but the certain other elements I refer to, such as the worst of Fox News talking heads or your hardcore MAGA folks, I'd expect to use this as an example of how all these types of stories are made up and to dismiss other victims in the same circumstances.

Whereas the people who immediately jumped to support him, and yeah, directed a lot of hate at the above group...I'd imagine their response is more along the lines of being pissed off because this mother****er hung them out to dry and will not make it harder for them to advocate for other victims without this being thrown in their face.

This is assuming of course, that he did in fact stage this whole thing.  While I don't necessarily agree with the tactics of group number two, I still feel like their motivations are better than group #1.

As for part number two, it's an interesting idea.  When I was in college, a friend of mine was accused of sexual assault by a girl.  He had to go through the ringer, getting character references from professors, all sorts of stuff.  There was a lot of open discussion on campus and people knew his name.  As it turns out, the girl had done this once before to another guy and while I don't know all the details, his name was eventually cleared.  But because of this, people still looked at him sideways, and as far as I know, the girl was allowed to continue on and graduate with no repercussions.  While I hate to let one incident color my entire worldview, I watched this happen up close and probably made me a harder ass than your average person about punishing false accusations.

But, I have to balance that, and potential punishment for someone like Smollet, against wanting victims to come forward without worrying about repercussions.   Not every victim has overwhelming evidence, I'd really hate for them to not come forward because there's an axe hanging over their head if they can't prove it.  Tough question, not one I have an answer to.

43 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Basically, the rope is what blew up the scheme.  They probably dont find the 2 Nigerians without tracking down where the rope came from.  A detail Smollet didnt anticipate.

I think they tracked them down from the subpoenaed phone records after comparing them to the redacted ones smollett turned over. 

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

Basically, the rope is what blew up the scheme.  They probably dont find the 2 Nigerians without tracking down where the rope came from.  A detail Smollet didnt anticipate.

Or the redacted phone numbers were most likely the two Nigerian guys. 

Hilarious how the CPD let this idiot carry on with his story while most likely knowing that the whole thing was a hoax. 

Now Smollett will be made an example of.  Just read that this could go before a grand jury. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It wasn't that his story was fishy, HE seemed fishy. When he did that interview... I wanted to slap him myself. He played the race card in a situation where it did not need to be played. You were robbed! We didn't care what race it was, you were robbed.

If this is true, this has to be one of the worse Ls ever.

Edited by CrypticVillain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Forehead said:

As far as your first part goes, there's a difference to me.  I'm speaking in generalities, but the certain other elements I refer to, such as the worst of Fox News talking heads or your hardcore MAGA folks, I'd expect to use this as an example of how all these types of stories are made up and to dismiss other victims in the same circumstances.

Whereas the people who immediately jumped to support him, and yeah, directed a lot of hate at the above group...I'd imagine their response is more along the lines of being pissed off because this mother****er hung them out to dry and will not make it harder for them to advocate for other victims without this being thrown in their face.

This is assuming of course, that he did in fact stage this whole thing.  While I don't necessarily agree with the tactics of group number two, I still feel like their motivations are better than group #1.

Already seeing re-posts of Nancy Pelosi's tweet on social media and comments like "I bet you'll never hear an apology from a single Democrat!!!!!!!!!!!" Like dude, its not wrong to condemn violence, you just care all about winning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I don't see how he thought this was gonna end up as a positive for him

his lane wasn't gonna expand even if this story was factual

Morning talk shows.... maybe a racism in america special... who knows.  

It seems like it would just be easier to go to a trump rally than orchestrate this fiasco...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

14 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Everything, basically lol...

- Going out walking at 2:00 am in minus-9 degree weather...to buy a sandwich. Even worse, he says he was originally going to Walgreens for food at 2:00 am but they were closed.

- Two racists-homophobes out walking at 2:00 am in minus-9 degrees who also happen to be carrying rope and bleach with them...

- Two racist-homophobes saying "aren't you the f****t Empire n****r" and "This is MAGA country, n****r" before and after the attack...sounds like something people imagine Trump supporters would say more than something anyone would actually say...

- The idea that anyone would claim Chicago of all places is MAGA country....

- The idea that racist-homophobes who want to use violence against gays and blacks would even watch "Empire" to know who Smollett was to begin with lol...

- That Smollett kept the rope around his neck for like 45 minutes after the attack...sorry, but I can't imagine any black man anywhere leaving a noose around his neck under any circumstances...that **** is coming off, pronto.

- The fact that his manager or agent said they were on the phone with Smollett when the attack occurred and heard everything, yet the guy never called 9-11 while hearing Smollett being attacked...

- The fact that he wouldn't hand over his phone or phone records to the police...and when he did they were severely redacted to the point that they were pretty much useless...

- The threatening letter that arrived at the Empire set several days earlier for Smollett that said something like "You will die black f*g" in cut-out letters from a magazine looked like some movie cliche' rather than what would actually be sent in real life...

- The letter indicates that Smollett was being targeted, which means the attack wasn't random, but if it wasn't random and was indeed targeted, how the hell would they know he would be walking to Subway at 2:00 am that night...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, purbeast said:

I really want to know WTF his motivation was for all of this.

Circumstantial, but it could be he wanted to catapult his music career...

After first notifications that he had been attacked, Taraji P. Henson tweeted her support, then posted his music video and told everyone to download Smollett's song so that it "goes triple platinum"...

Several days later, Smollett held a concert which--coincidentally--becomes sold-out after news of the attack. During the concert he calls himself the "gay Tupac," I'm assuming somewhat jokingly but who knows. Smollett also insisted almost immediately to going on TV for an interview...almost as if he wanted to make sure he took advantage of the "publicity" so to speak.

As well as, his music video that Henson was promoting immediately after the attack features a black man with a noose swinging behind him...and one of the two Nigerian "attackers" are in the video as well lol...

If Smollett's goal was for the attackers to never get caught, then this "attack" would be quite a launching pad for propelling his music career forward. Rapper stands up to a racist, homophobic attack--he constantly says he "fought back" against the noose-carrying racists, so that gives him an air of toughness and credibility, along with a certain position of leadership in the fight against racism and bigotry. And since the two Nigerian brothers left for Nigeria later that same day, it could be said that Smollett was assuring that they wouldn't be around to be questioned or even considered as suspects...especially with "This is MAGA country, n****r" pointing the cops in a wildly different direction than two burly Nigerians.

Edited by Califan007

13 hours ago, justice98 said:

I read somewhere that the cops found out the two guys took an Uber from the area of the attack, then got a cab after they got dropped off by the first Uber driver, and continued to their destination..almost like trying to cover their tracks. The Uber and cab may have been detected on the surveillance videos, and then Uber and the cab company contacted to find out who the drivers were, then got a description of the two men from that. I also thought I read that once they determined that the Nigerian brothers were very likely the two guys seen in the video, they were able to get a search warrant to go through their apartment--the brothers were in Nigeria at the time--where they found magazines with pages ripped out (for creating the threatening letter), rope and a recept, I think (which they tracked back to Ace hardware, who could have had an employee remember them buying it), and a bleach bottle. I think the Nigerian brothers were taken into custody at the airport upon landing, so there wasn't any time for them to take care of anything that needed to be taken care of before being questioned.

Edited by Califan007

17 hours ago, grego said:

I think they tracked them down from the subpoenaed phone records after comparing them to the redacted ones smollett turned over. 

It was my understanding that the phone records would have corroborated the Nigerians saying they knew him and that there was a connection.  But the cops were still "requesting" proper records and hadn't yet gone the extra mile of subpoenaing them.  So how they caught the Nigerians in the first place was tracking down where they bought the rope.  

But I guess the cops coulda had the records the whole time.  I just hadnt seen anywhere where it was confirmed they had subpoenaed the records.

Edited by justice98

I am disgusted by Smollett.

You don't use the pain of oppressed people to make a career pivot. Now you will have these uncaring people in the world use this as an example not to care about what violent attacks against the oppressed. You already have monsters on social media attempting to drag anyone who gave positive words to Smollett after we learned of the incident as if you aren't supposed to sympathize with victims.

Just disgusting and I hope he goes to jail if it is determined this was all staged.

• Like 3