Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep. I think both teams did well considering.  Giants became better as did the Browns but the Browns get a headcase of a player.

I know the NY Giants almost as well as the Redskins -- alas I have to watch just about every game of theirs because my wife-in laws are fans.  Trust me the Giants didn't get better.  I've never seen a team so dependent on one guy as the Giants have been with Beckham.  Coverage was almost always rolled his way.  They have really struggled when he's missed games.  I hate the player as a guy but he might be the scariest offensive player IMO we've faced in the NFC East in a long time.   I am as ecstatic about this development as I am about the Skins signing Collins yesterday. 

The irony for us is pretty wild. We take their best defensive player as a FA which leaves a huge hole at safety. They trade their best player for a couple of picks and a safety to fill that hole. Now all we do when we play them is stack the box with the safety we took from them to stop Barkley and we win. Easiest defensive game plan in the world when we play them next season.

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I love it. Browns stockpiled picks and built the team the right way. Now they can go get playmakers to help put them over the top. If Baker develops they are going to be nasty. 

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yep.  The right way.  

Must be nice.  Wouldn't know.  Ain't that right, @Master Blaster?

Apparently “the right way” means being 11-52-1 over the last four years.

You guys are a trip.

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You guys are a trip.

Uhh yes, it does. I'd have taken that to be where they are now, easy. It's the rebuild we refuse to commit to. 

37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The irony for us is pretty wild. We take their best defensive player as a FA which leaves a huge hole at safety. They trade their best player for a couple of picks and a safety to fill that hole. Now all we do when we play them is stack the box with the safety we took from them to stop Barkley and we win. Easiest defensive game plan in the world when we play them next season.

And the fact that gettleman lets Collins walk bc he doesn't value the safety position, but then demands a safety as the centerpiece (along with a first) for an elite player such as obj.  Figured they would try to pry ogbah.  

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You guys are a trip.

Yeah, I’d take that over 7-9 every season if it meant stockpiling picks and building a team with high level draft picks and a strong core of young foundational pieces. Not to mention tons of cap space to extend them when the time comes and grab a FA or two that compliment the young core you’ve built. 

But we can slap band-aids on top of band-aids for decades and see where that gets us. 

Looking forward to Ryan Tannehill leading our next 7-9 squad in 2020

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah, I’d take that over 7-9 every season if it meant stockpiling picks and building a team with high level draft picks and a strong core of young foundational pieces. Not to mention tons of cap space to extend them when the time comes and grab a FA or two that compliment the young core you’ve built. 

But we can slap band-aids on top of band-aids for decades and see where that gets us. 

Looking forward to Ryan Tannehill leading our next 7-9 squad in 2020

you don't have any faith in the front office so extra draft picks should be worthless to you.  Be consistent in your complaints

What an interesting week.  There is a part of me that wishes one team would have gotten both AB and OBJ.  A team like the Colts had the cap room and draft capital to do it... And still add Leveon Bell if they wanted.

9 minutes ago, max21 said:

What “Stud” Qb was left after Mayfield tho? Darnold?

Yep, Darnold.  Even Doug recently slipped that he was the top QB on their board and hinted there isn't someone in this draft of his caliber.  Jet fans are happy with Darnold.  Give him some time and a supporting cast and I think they got a good one.  I worshipped Barkley along with a bunch of people on the draft thread 2 college seasons ago -- still I'd have taken Darnold.  It's not that Barkley isn't special -- he's a total stud.  But they could have gotten both Darnold AND another stud at RB.  Someone ironically like the Browns, Chubb, who was great last year and even had a higher YPA than Barkley.  It was a deep draft for RBs, Chubb, Michel, K. Johnson, Guice, etc.    RBs aren't that hard to find.  QBs as we know here are really hard to find. 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The rebuild lasted 15 years.

We've sucked for at least that long.

1 minute ago, carex said:

you don't have any faith in the front office so extra draft picks should be worthless to you.  Be consistent in your complaints

I don't have any faith in the FO, that's why the extra picks are needed.  They're gonna boof the pooch more often than not, they need all the chances they can get.  

Archived