Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

49 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Only because Luck was injured to the point of being about a month away from retirement. Otherwise that 1-year tank worked. 

And because they were saddled with a horrible GM.

Obviously everyone who wants to tank (I keep saying "accidentally tank" bc obviously Allen and Gruden aren't gonna do it on purpose, they don't have the job security or patience) expects it to result in a house cleaning of the organization, where we then hope to hire our version of Ballard or Dorsey. 

8 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Nobody should ever use the Patriots to prove a point, the Pats can do a lot of things that 31 other teams cant do.

High end WR's are a premium and much tougher to find than good offensive lineman.  You act as if Diggs is a JAG, he's as good of a WR as Scherff is a G.

Quick, name super bowl winning teams this past decade with superstar receivers!

Spoiler: its a super small list.  

Also, your pretending Diggs is a superstar, when in reality hes had 0 probowls, and one 1000 yard season in 4, where he got a bazillion and a half targets.  This compared to the 3 time pro-bowler Scherff.   Its an absolute delusion that high end WRs are harder to find, and more important than high end offensive linemen.   Which is why AB got traded for cheap, and no linemen of his level changed teams.

Looks like we've continued our approach to gather compensatory picks along the way. For next years 2020 draft we are currently looking at extra picks in fourth, fifth and sixth for Crowder, Nsekhe and Clinton Dix respectively.

The Preston Smith, Landon Collins deals offset. 

May well be the case that any vets we now bring in result from cuts elsewhere as opposed to existing FA scrubs.

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Looks like we've continued our approach to gather compensatory picks along the way. For next years 2020 draft we are currently looking at extra picks in fourth, fifth and sixth for Crowder, Nsekhe and Clinton Dix respectively.

I haven't seen what the Pats signed Harris for -- i am assuming he might apply to this?  Not sure if there is any difference with restricted FAs who weren't tendered. 

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't seen what the Pats signed Harris for -- i am assuming he might apply to this?  Not sure if there is any difference with restricted FAs who weren't tendered. 

I think it was a 1 year deal for $850K.  I could be wrong though.  I think the ONLY players we sign now are players that have been released/cut.  They don't affect our comp. picks.  Very transparent.

36 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think it was a 1 year deal for $850K.  I could be wrong though.  I think the ONLY players we sign now are players that have been released/cut.  They don't affect our comp. picks.  Very transparent.

At that price, he should be here. I realize he gained the opportunity to play with Brady. I really liked Mo

I like Diggs but hearing the value some believe he has I would pass. No way would I entertain trading our 1st round or Sherff for him.If that's his value we are better off without him. If are giving up our first or Sherff I would be targeting someone like Mike Evans, Julio Jones or Hopkins.Looking at the Beckham deal our 1st,3rd and the big greek who I doubt we can resign maybe a solid offer for one of these 3 if somehow their team put them on the market.If we trade our first rounder we need a legitimate number 1 wideout.I am not discounting Diggs but he is not even the best wr on his team.

10 hours ago, carex said:

tanking in the NFL hasn't actually done much of anything yet so acting like it's the answer.  Since the Colts got Luck thety had just as many average or poor years as good ones and the Browns only look like they're on the cusp of something.

Yea, I think the Browns are going to be turning a lot of heads this season.

They have competent people in the FO finally, I wish we could be that lucky.

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Still don't understand the signing of Collins if that is it for class A signings. 

HTTR 

We clearly wanted Collins and Mosley. Quite a lot of overpaid crap out there, however there is a sense that we are a little short. Time yet to see what unfolds pre draft.

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'd go ****ing ballistic if we traded away Scherff..

That’s why only the Madden GM’s on here have even discussed it. 

48 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Yea, I think the Browns are going to be turning a lot of heads this season.

They have competent people in the FO finally, I wish we could be that lucky.

Got rid of one of the best defensive minds in the game who led the team to 7-8-1 to hire someone who has been a NFL OC for a total of eight games for HC and now “won the off-season.”

What could possibly go wrong?

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'd go ****ing ballistic if we traded away Scherff..

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

+1. We just can't do that...

Only way I would be OK with it is if Scherff has made it clear that he wont, under any circumstances, sign a long term deal here. Not that anything has ever come out saying that is the case. But IF he did. I would trade him and get what you can for him. 

12 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Quick, name super bowl winning teams this past decade with superstar receivers!

Spoiler: its a super small list.  

Also, your pretending Diggs is a superstar, when in reality hes had 0 probowls, and one 1000 yard season in 4, where he got a bazillion and a half targets.  This compared to the 3 time pro-bowler Scherff.   Its an absolute delusion that high end WRs are harder to find, and more important than high end offensive linemen.   Which is why AB got traded for cheap, and no linemen of his level changed teams.

I didn't say WR's are more important than offensive lineman and I didn't say Diggs is a superstar even though he is trending that way. I referred to him as a "high end" WR.

This has been posted in the forum several times and most recently in the draft thread.  You can debate me all you want but the numbers don't lie.  So the point is if you have a chance to get a guy whose lifetime catch percentage is near 70%, is 25 years old, can run any route, and can take the ball to the house from anywhere on the field, you do that when your current WR's consist of Josh Doctson, Trey Quinn, and Paul Richardson.

The first 3 rounds are where you're going to find your studs, and the discrepancy in hit percentage in those first 3 rounds is huge. 

We have average to below average WR's, I would be happy with just good WR's so whether they are future Hall of Famers or current pro bowlers doesn't matter, I'll take guys who are trending like Diggs all day.

Historic Success Chart

The numbers show us the following outline for finding consistent starters:

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)

6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)

7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

As you asked here's the last 10 Superbowl Champions and each had at least 1 very good WR (once again I never said "Superstar" you just made that up, every team listed below had at least one Tier 1 WR at the time they won the SB) on their team and a good complimentary WR or in the Pats case they have Gronk as the compliment.  You don't need future Hall of Famers or "Superstars" but you need quality and we have none.

NE - Julian Edelman & Gronk - Over 1500 combined receiving yards and 9 Td's
Philly - Torrey Smith & Alshon Jeffrey & Agholor - Over 1900 combined receiving yards and 19 TD's
NE - Julian Edelman  & Gronk - Over 1600 combined receiving yards and 6 TD's
Denver - Emmanuel Sanders & Demaryius Thomas  - Over 2400 combined receiving yards and 12 TD's
NE - Julian Edelman & Gronk - Over 2000 combined receiving yards and 20 TD's
Seattle - Golden Tate & Doug Baldwin - 1700 combined receiving yards and 10 TD's
Baltimore - Torrey Smith & Anquan Bolden - 1800 combined receiving yards 12 TD's
Giants - Victor Cruz & Hakeem Nicks - 2700 combined receiving yards and 16 TD's
Packers - Greg Jennings & Donald Driver & Jordy - Over 2400 combined receiving yards and 20 Td's between the 3 of them
Saints - Marques Colston & Devery Henderson - 1900 combined receiving yards and 11 TD's combined

48 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Only way I would be OK with it is if Scherff has made it clear that he wont, under any circumstances, sign a long term deal here. Not that anything has ever come out saying that is the case. But IF he did. I would trade him and get what you can for him. 

Totally agree here..

Archived