Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

LOL. How would those old always injured guys solve our problem? How are they any different than Shaun Luavao other than a different name? TJ Lang is never healthy. Sutton has a ripped shoulder. Cooper I could see but you can't count on him to last more than 1/2 a season. Beadles. I mean really?  These guys are on the street for a reason because they can't stay healthy. I do understand we need some guys on the line but honestly not from that list of Zombies. 

And so, you see my point. There is trash out there right now and the longer we wait, the fewer even trash-tier players will be left on the market. By preseason, if we don't draft anyone to play guard (we didn't last season when it was a huge need, so I won't hold my breath), we will be stuck the trash that literally NO ONE wants. Again, it is insanity to not give a cheap contract to a cheap player and call him "Plan B".

Let's reverse this: Based on who is in the draft, who would YOU pick to be our guard? Who do we ride if we don't pick one, like last year? If we don't get anyone in the draft, we're going to be picking from UDFAs and the leftovers of the trash heap, the ones that are less desirable than the people on the market now.

14 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Why are people thinking about a blocking TE? Unless it's a dual threat, I don't see the need. We have a blocking TE in Sprinkle. 

We have to be going OG in the draft and if we plan on plugging and playing them, it will be a high choice. 

How about..

rd1 Hockenson

rd2 Guard

rd3 trade for Rosen

rd3 Ben Benagu/Sutton

since our Wrs stink run more two TE sets..and have the TEs work the pass game over the seams..and provide blocking for our run first offense. 

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Also, is there any thought about Ezekiel Ansah? People talk about Houston a lot, but not about Ansah. 

I hope they take a look at Ansah. I was intrigued by him coming out of college, physical freak with little football experience at the time. He’s done well for Detroit but seems to get injured fairly often. I think we could finish polishing him up with our coaches and Alabama technician type players around him. Not sure he fits our scheme though.

1 minute ago, B.A.M.F. said:

I hope they take a look at Ansah. I was intrigued by him coming out of college, physical freak with little football experience at the time. He’s done well for Detroit but seems to get injured fairly often. I think we could finish polishing him up with our coaches and Alabama technician type players around him. Not sure he fits our scheme though.

I'm also not sure of scheme fit. I think he's more of a 4-3 DE, but we are in a 4-2-5 most of the time, so, I think it would still be ok. I also think he's be on a 1 or 2 year prove-it type deal. He's the chronically injured type, but hasn't had the type of injuries to substantially limit his skill set. Justin Houston on the other hand hasn't been nearly the same player after his ACL. I think he's going to be on the downside of his career. 

I'm thinking we pick up two offensive lineman with one early and one late pick in the draft. The FAs I'm still watching are Tre Boston, Clayton Geathers, Jamie Collins, Shane Ray, and maybe Randall Cobb. I'm not super excited about most of these guys, except maybe Boston.  I wouldn't invest much money in any of them.

12 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'm also not sure of scheme fit. I think he's more of a 4-3 DE, but we are in a 4-2-5 most of the time, so, I think it would still be ok. I also think he's be on a 1 or 2 year prove-it type deal. He's the chronically injured type, but hasn't had the type of injuries to substantially limit his skill set. Justin Houston on the other hand hasn't been nearly the same player after his ACL. I think he's going to be on the downside of his career. 

Agreed. If we use him situationally and keep his snaps lower it might help him avoid injury as well. The thought of a Kerrigan/Payne/Allen/Ansah combo on passing downs gives me the warm and fuzzies. 😊

23 hours ago, steve09ru said:

he didn't retire because he was unwanted, he was on the Raiders at his time of retirement 🙄

I guess I should be more clear, he was completely unwanted by an NFL team.  He was unwanted until after pre-season, and then the Raiders picked him up at the end of August, and then he retired mid season.  We all know how all of the rest of the Raiders moves were last season.

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So apparently stefon diggs’ Brother posted something on Instagram hinting at him coming to DC? Anyone else see that? 

Not apparently or hinting, he actually posted a pic of Stefon in a skins jersey.  I should add he commented a shrugging emoji with it.

Tracked down who made it, an account for DC Sports Experience.  They also did one for AJ.  Either Travon, Stefon's brother, knows something, is trolling, or didn't think before he saved and posted the picture.

9 minutes ago, LaxinFish29 said:

Not apparently or hinting, he actually posted a pic of Stefon in a skins jersey.  I should add he commented a shrugging emoji with it.

Tracked down who made it, an account for DC Sports Experience.  They also did one for AJ.  Either Travon, Stefon's brother, knows something, is trolling, or didn't think before he saved and posted the picture.

the shrugging emoji might mean "It happened, who knows why?" or "will it happen who knows?"

8 minutes ago, LaxinFish29 said:

When i said “Apparently”, i was saying it appears he did. and yes, hinting/suggesting something. No idea what it means. Could just mean nothing at all. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

When i said “Apparently”, i was saying it appears he did. and yes, hinting/suggesting something. No idea what it means. Could just mean nothing at all. 

It means nothing.  Why people (his brother and others) do stuff like this is to get people excited like April Fools Day.  Ain't happening.  

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Got ya, wasn't arguing with you.  I just read it as, "I heard but don't have or haven't checked for myself."  Not sure why he would do it at all though.

6 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Yeah basically that's what TE's are now.  He doesn't block.  Reed and Davis are two of the best receiver options in the current system.  Need to find a WR in FA somehow or they're not going to do anything next year. 

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I feel like we were lacking at TE, in talent and utilization.   Sprinkle for all his blocking should be wide open in PAP short yardage several times per year.  If we aren't going to pass to him, maybe an extra OL would be more effective. At least he finally caught a pass but I think it took ~300 snaps. Reed survived last year but was no longer a dynamic threat like in years past.   Davis had issues with drops seemingly all year. 

None of the 3 were utilized in the red zone to my liking, notably Reed.  You can line him up wide and see if he gets doubled, and go from there.  I heard an interview on 980 and they said when Reed is lined up to block, D's can expect to easily beat him.  Maybe he needs to be officially converted to WR.  He did cut back on the penalties, at least.

We have bigger problems to address in the short term, and think we will muck it out with those 3 again.

These both kind of clarify my point; that Reed can't/doesn't block.

I would like to see us to get a TE that can block, but still poses some threat as a receiver. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Jordan (as a receiver) but think that our run game would benefit greatly by using a more traditional TE (and a FB).

Like I said, I don't really see us addressing this in FA, but hopefully we do in the draft.

Why are people thinking about a blocking TE? Unless it's a dual threat, I don't see the need. We have a blocking TE in Sprinkle. 

We have to be going OG in the draft and if we plan on plugging and playing them, it will be a high choice. 

I think one of the great weaknesses of Jay’s offense has been predictability based upon the package on the field. To that end, we could use a TE on the field who is versatile enough to improve our run blocking, while also being a legit threat in the passing game. We don’t have that right now, as Davis and Reed are inadequate blockers, and as Sprinkle hasnt developed much in the passing offense. 

A great thing about drafting a guy like Hockenson (and an added bonus to having Guice on the field) is that they are truly 3 down players who aid all aspects of the offense. Right now everything is telegraphed to the 1 dimensional strengths of guys like Reed, Davis, AP, CT) when they are on the field, and if we utilize them on downs where they are ineffectual, they usually get exploited. 

Agreed that they need to go LG, and probably fairly early. I think a strong case can be made for a well-rounded TE early too. 

That's kind of the point. Sprinkle is there to block, Reed is there to catch passes, it's too predictable. A TE that can block and catch at least gives the defense something to think about.

<Edit> I see that Stormy addressed this above more eloquently, but my point is still valid.

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'm still worried we are going to trade away Scherff.......

If he doesn't want to sign a long term deal then we might as well dangle that carrot, he probably wants LT type money and as good as he is he's not worth that, I would rather spend that on a good RT and get rid of Moses.

Archived