Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I don't think we can afford to give up any early picks. We need at least 1 G now, and Scheriif would make that need be TWO starting G's. ...and a QB (3rd?)  I seriously think all of our picks are already spoken for. Not for BPA, but need

But Wr is a need and if you could get Diggs for our 1st at least you know what your getting apposed to the dice roll of an early round Wr prospect.

Pretty disappointed we’ve done nothing to address o-line so far. Once we got our safety I was hoping we would be working on getting at least more solid offensive line depth, if not an outright starter. Injuries cost us a lot last year and in 2017. I would be hyper focused on that group if it were my team. 

Just now, Birdlives said:

Pretty disappointed we’ve done nothing to address o-line so far. Once we got our safety I was hoping we would be working on getting at least more solid offensive line depth, if not an outright starter. Injuries cost us a lot last year and in 2017. I would be hyper focused on that group if it were my team. 

Right?  I don't see how this is not just a top priority but THE priority.  #twoqbswithbrokenlegs #mightwanttoprotectthoseguys

Just now, Birdlives said:

Not much to choose from that arent already injury risks themselves.

5 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I don't think we can afford to give up any early picks. We need at least 1 G now, and Scheriif would make that need be TWO starting G's. ...and a QB (3rd?)  I seriously think all of our picks are already spoken for. Not for BPA, but need

Heck, we need receivers too....

10 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Im sorry, but the idea that a pro-bowl OG is worth less than a WR is laughable at best.  Theres not a single SB winning team in the history on the NFL that built their team on their WR core.  The Patriots have won without receivers for the better part of the past decade.  But the one thing they always have, as any good team, is strong lines on both sides of the ball.

Its crazy what the offseason does to some otherwise fine people...

I'm not for the move... i'd rather sign Scherff to an extension and keep him here, building from the inside out.  Adding playmakers.  I just said it would be a decent move if we've tried to extend him and he's made it clear that he doesn't want to stay here.  If he wants to leave, then using him as an asset is a good move.  Holding onto him for his 5th year option that we picked up, and not acquiring something in return for him other than a compensatory pick in 2021 is a bad move.  

Clearly people are asking questions

14 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

We have addressed anything but one position. So yeah I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

22 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Im sorry, but the idea that a pro-bowl OG is worth less than a WR is laughable at best.  Theres not a single SB winning team in the history on the NFL that built their team on their WR core.  The Patriots have won without receivers for the better part of the past decade.  But the one thing they always have, as any good team, is strong lines on both sides of the ball.

Its crazy what the offseason does to some otherwise fine people...

Nobody should ever use the Patriots to prove a point, the Pats can do a lot of things that 31 other teams cant do.

High end WR's are a premium and much tougher to find than good offensive lineman.  You act as if Diggs is a JAG, he's as good of a WR as Scherff is a G.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Adam schefter just had to go and break our hearts didn’t he😭 oh well, now the St Pattys Day weekend celebrations can commence 😂 

Yep. I will be off the boards tonight getting smashed. And most likely wont be very useful on here tomorrow either due to hangover and lack of being able to see straight :)

is it me or are there a massive number of guys in free agency who are hurt?  And not just guys teams cut for cap space or because of injuries.  It feels like 2018 wasn't friendly to guys in the last year of their contract

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Starting to look like our starting LG will be a rookie

I'd be looking at Matt Kalil. 

Well, I'd be looking at Matt Kalil's knees first.....

Can't see him getting a starting LT gig anywhere.

3 hours ago, SkinsFootball said:

How about..

rd1 Hockenson

rd2 Guard

rd3 trade for Rosen

rd3 Ben Benagu/Sutton

since our Wrs stink run more two TE sets..and have the TEs work the pass game over the seams..and provide blocking for our run first offense. 

A do it all type TE makes sense to me (the common NFL fan) next to Reed. Makes me think of Gronk and Hernandez (yuck) type pairing. Allowing Reed to be the joker in the offense, a do it all type threat and Hock to do the dirty work and be a threat as a receiving TE. 

16 minutes ago, carex said:

is it me or are there a massive number of guys in free agency who are hurt?  And not just guys teams cut for cap space or because of injuries.  It feels like 2018 wasn't friendly to guys in the last year of their contract

Modern football in general isn't friendly to the athletes of today, and neither is the NFL.  I wish someone was tracking this, feels like there's more and more injuries every year, especially star players that help make it noticeable.

43 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Solid but not great guards are costing $9M- $11M APY in free agency, that's why we haven't signed anyone, average ones are going for $5M - $6M per.

Then extend Scheriff NOW, and at a contract with reasonable numbers until Smith comes off the books. Use the savings of the extension to sign Jon Cooper at $4m. Then at least you have a plan. And even a bad plan is better than none

27 minutes ago, wit33 said:

A do it all type TE makes sense to me (the common NFL fan) next to Reed. Makes me think of Gronk and Hernandez (yuck) type pairing. Allowing Reed to be the joker in the offense, a do it all type threat and Hock to do the dirty work and be a threat as a receiving TE. 

Yessir! Flex Reed out wide..slot.. etc. The biggest thing is having a capable TE at the opposite position to allow us to run and use play action. Sprinkle and Davis tip our hand with match ups. Reed too..but he's got to be on the field to catch passes. We don't seem to be able to develop WRs..atleast never top tier. TEs are typically a QB best friend.. large target in the middle of the field.. easier throws. Rosen, Keenum,  Colt could all benefit.

2 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

Fear not my friend, we have 9 selections in this years draft. It is a lock that we will draft at least one or two linemen. Where on the draft board is the million dollar question so really tough to single out one player. Also why not UDFA? It is at least picking players who are young for reserves. At least they won't be 30 something with major injury red flags. An injured player does nobody any good and if we were to pick up any of the guys you mentioned it would mean that they haven't learned anything from last year's hope that old crusty vets can get you through a season. At the end of the day we both agree we want more depth. My arguement is it should be through the draft or if someone suprising becomes available through cuts or trade. No more injured bums.

We had 8 selections in last year's draft. We're no more locked for getting a guard now than we were then. Also, there's already a mega-bumload of UDFAs on the market, as there have been every year. We just don't talk about them because they suck... Like the vast majority of the UDFAs will this year as well. So again, we pass on the sloppy joes because we're expecting a 5 course meal. Then we go to the restaurant and find out there are no 5 course meals left; just garlic bread sticks that are vastly over-priced (that was the excuse last season). So we pass on them too. After the draft, there are no 5 course meals, garlic bread sticks, or sloppy joes to be had. Just moldy bread. I'm tired of moldy bread.

Archived