Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Releasing Harris is a very curious move....makes me think a deal is imminent. So the Skins think Doc, P-Rich, Quinn, Sims, Robert Davis and everyone else they have rights to are better than Mo Harris? I don't believe this. How bout we deal this years 3, 5 and next years 4th for A.J. Green and John Ross to Cincinnati? Something is brewing with this Harris move.

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

I give the office an A+ so far..what??

The office gets an A+  if Reuben Foster ends up being a solid starter for us.

They brought him in for nothing when everyone else thought he was damaged goods.

Maybe they had a little alabama inside information.

The level of dramatic condemnation from almost every corner of the sports world was unreal for someone who had not even been proven guilty of anything. 

I am not saying he is a good guy but they tried to bury that dude before they even had all the evidence.  A familiar situation these days...

I am happy that our FO was willing to take the flak and give him a shot.

Cant think of anything more fitting then him balling out and serving crow to the whole lot of em.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Collins' thing specifically is to kill YAC in the flat

Zach Brown plays undisciplined and freelances.  He's cut.

Mason Foster makes lots of tackles that already move chains.  Not a solution. 

Collins on the other side of that makes plays at the actual line or behind it.  Huge difference. 

Add Reuben Foster to that formula and I can see an improvement. 

8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

That sounds so ridiculous... 2019 or bust.  At least a year early on that one.  I say 'Tank for Tua!' 

Agree but it is what it is.   Like I've been saying all this off season, I am not going to care if they get it right or not as much as I typically do albeit I am cool with what they've done so far.  Bottom line for me if they don't get it right then we likely get a reboot and a good shot at a franchise QB.  So its a no sweat off season for me.

I am always going to on reflex root for them to get it right.  But if they don't so be it.  And on that front, if they are going to go a similar route for 3 years in a row as to LG and interior depth -- then IMO good luck with that.   I don't sweat it either way though.  And we still have a long way to go in the off season to see if they fix it but yeah if they don't I suspect it will keep them out of the playoffs again.    IMO its not just the O line injuries that have done them in but also having injury prone players in some of those spots coupled with thin depth.  And their depth has just got even thiner.   Will see what they do but the toughest position arguably to recover from are injuries on the O line and that goes double if you depth on it is thin. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So I guess rather than make any other impact moves we're just sitting on the sidelines taking a victory lap on Collins. 

I want us to tank, so it doesn't bother me. But it does make going "all in" on Collins seem pointless and puzzling. 

Free Agency started 24 hrs ago..... Pump the brakes a little give them time to work a deal!!!!..........I can't believe I just deffened our  FO Holy s^^t lol

14 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Ty isn't a young player.  Going on 34 this year as a backup swing OT isn't as much of a loss as it might appear.  Skins need more depth on the OL.  His 2 yr 14.5M deal isn't really the solution now that he was in previous year.  I like him.  He played well in his backup roles.  They need more then 1 player on the OL and that cap number doesn't fit here in 2019.

Definitely need to find a solution to the LG drama and overall OL depth.

He played all positions on the online and knew the system. Yes I know he's 34 but with that being said he would still be a nice player to have considering the offensive line is always banned up. Point is we always seem to let players walk in order to sign the hot free agent. Yet that hot free agent never wins the Skins anymore games. 

3 minutes ago, trap said:

Free Agency started 24 hrs ago..... Pump the brakes a little give them time to work a deal!!!!..........I can't believe I just defened FO Holy s^^t lol

Free agency did not start 24 hrs and you know that. Give me a break

14 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Any more news on the massive trade for a WR anyone?.

HTTR 

I think this is a pipe dream and still not the answer if the Skins have to give up a lot of draft capital. 

20 hours ago, panahoo said:

Yup. In todays NFL the DBs are getting bigger faster stronger. Size matters on the outside.

21 hours ago, method man said:

What separates him from guys like Edelman and Welker is he runs a 4.3. That means he can absolutely play on the outside as a DeSean Jackson type. I really want this guy in round 2

11 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Geez...I hope everyone takes note of how many front offices around the league have "dysfunctional" moments, cuz there have been a lot in the news lately. it's not just Allen and Snyder.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me, too.   He's the one player on their defense I feared.   I get the idea of don't overpay for a safety but this dude IMO is special.

A guy from PFF explained today on 980 that having a safety who can blow things up underneath is huge in today's NFL so he didn't get all of the whining about stud safeties who specialize in the box -- saying Collins' thing specifically is to kill YAC in the flat.  And today's QBs love the short-easier passes and heavily rely on YAC and having a dude like Collins who makes that difficult fits today's game.  His point is Collins helps shut down the run and also help defuse a team's short passing game.

One last time I'm being nice here & not nailing you 4 for Rule 11 or even Rule 18 violations. You're welcome. :) 

But that's it. Anymore 11 violations are taken at the permanent risk of your membership here.

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah funny enough the Giants with this signing even without Beckham -- I think hands down has better receiving weapons than we do.  If the Redskins are really in a win now, 2019 or bust mode as just about everyone who covers the team say is the case -- then you got to figure they must have something up their sleeve at LG and WR?  

Agreed. The Skins have the worst WR corps in the division by a pretty huge margin. As you said, if they really are in win now mode, hard to imagine them standing pat. Then again, they are in win now mode with Colt & Case as their QBs, so who really knows how delusional this F.O. and coaching staff are at the moment?

If there is nothing else looming in FA or trade market, they almost have to go WR with their #1 or #2, don’t they? How can you go into a season with Doctson, a healing Richardson and Quinn as your starters. Bad part is that their TE situation is almost as bad, and I don’t think they even know it. I feel like if Hockenson lands in their lap at #15, they’ll still pass because they somehow think it’s not an area of weakness. Wrong!

16 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Agreed. The Skins have the worst WR corps in the division by a pretty huge margin. As you said, if they really are in win now mode, hard to imagine them standing pat. Then again, they are in win now mode with Colt & Case as their QBs, so who really knows how delusional this F.O. and coaching staff are at the moment?

If there is nothing else looming in FA or trade market, they almost have to go WR with their #1 or #2, don’t they? How can you go into a season with Doctson, a healing Richardson and Quinn as your starters. Bad part is that their TE situation is almost as bad, and I don’t think they even know it. I feel like if Hockenson lands in their lap at #15, they’ll still pass because they somehow think it’s not an area of weakness. Wrong!

I get the feeling bad about Case thing. I really do. But I am kind of excited to see what he and Doc can  do together with Gruden in all honesty. Case has some gun slinger in him and will take some chances. No guarantee the WR's on this roster will bail him out. But he IS NOT Alex Smith. 

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bottom line for me if they don't get it right then we likely get a reboot and a good shot at a franchise QB.

The perennial issue is maintaining mediocrity.  Then you never get the rebuild draft pick you need to get over the hump. 

Also think that when they go sub .500 we'll get a new HBC. 

19 minutes ago, Stormy said:

The Skins have the worst WR corps in the division by a pretty huge margin.

Yeah that's a fact. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

he IS NOT Alex Smith. 

I like it that Colt and Case are not Alex Smith. 

They'll have to trade for a #1 WR in order for either of these guys to have opportunity to 'sling it'. 

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'm super happy that the Giants signed Tate. He is not at all worth 9 million a year and I'm glad we didn't sign him. 

They can use CT in the slot with Guise returning in different ways.  Letting Crowder go isn't a big deal either.  They need so many pieces, but gotta have LG, WR, Edge to be mention able. 

Diggs is nice, but I would much rather have a wr that can do it all... including blocking, for the amount of money/resources it would take to acquire him. I don’t mind AJ, as I don’t think it would cost more than a mid round + player trade. 

If we are truly out gunned here, just draft a wr with the top pick. Then pick up 1-2 mid round qbs, take a chance that one sticks, and leave it at that. If it doesn’t, reload for a huge trade into the top 3 qb choices next draft. The absolute worst we could do is trade it all without having an obvious qb of the future on the roster. 

just look at our defensive potential up the middle....the Bama boys and Matty Ice on the line, Rube Foster in the middle and Collins deep. Just think if these boys can gel. Add a pass rusher opposite of Kerrigan and we could be in business big time. Would love to get Ziggy Ansah here from Detroit. 

Archived