Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

the Redskins dont officially retire jersey numbers. 

It is unofficially retired then. LOL

IMO the passage of time or a specific player doesn't make it more acceptable to let someone wear it. It's our way of memorializing, respecting and never forgetting. People can wear 36 if they want to show respect.

12 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Sammy Baugh disagrees. But he's the only one.

Yep. The only one. Snyder talked about doing it when he bought the team. Pretty funny story though. It has been the equipment managers that have protected certain numbers over the years. Not the team itself. I heard a story where some player wanted to wear Riggins number at one point. And even asked if Riggins could be contacted to see if it was OK. The equipment guys said they called him and he said no. But they never really even tried to reach out to him. I dont think most of those guys would really care in all honesty.

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think wasting a 4th round pick then HaHa sacking us off for less money would be a double blow to the FO. That's a double kick in the nuts.

He did us a favor. The guy sucks. 

Not sure the story of a WR trade is that strong....but my guess if it were to happen would be Adam Thielen.

Wants a major contract extension. Vikings are totally strapped for cap space with no room for manoeuvre. He is a genuine hold out candidate. Plus they have Diggs on major money.

5 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Nelson in 2018:  He appeared in 15 games and made 63 catches for 739 yards and three touchdowns last season.

that would be good on our team.   Just released

Jordy has a lot of mileage, he has definitely started the downward trajectory in his nfl career. For cheap, it would probably be worth the risk though

Remember when they gave Shane Matthews (was it?) Sonny's number?  That was blasphemy.  I think Taylor's is unofficially retired by Snyder himself which is a classy move.  Has anyone worn #28 since Darrell retired or 81 since Monk has?  memory fogs as I age and booze it up nightly.  🤪🥃

14 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Jordy has a lot of mileage, he has definitely started the downward trajectory in his nfl career. For cheap, it would probably be worth the risk though

True but he'd be a good mentor ala Henry Ellard for the youngins.  Plus he'd truly outplay the other vets like Quick has.

Archived