Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

I'm sure the Bears will offer Ha Ha more money than we would.  Ha Ha kinda was shocked about the easyness of Club Jay when he arrived (as many free agents do) I remember reading somewhere.  Bring on Tre Boston and fill some other holes.  

Didn't Doug say we were eyeing some June 1 cuts from other teams as well.  Perhaps we save some reserved dough for that or at least wait until then to cut or restructure people if money is needed.

I don't see why we aren't working hard to extend Scherff as its a no brainer and the cream of the OL FA crop has been signed so the agent knows the values to shoot for.  Come on Schaeffer, do your magic.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

I looked up to see if non-tendered restricted Free Agents count as compensatory free agents - they don't unfortunately. Given that, I think I would have tendered Harris at the minimal amount (we could always cut him in training camp if needed). But too late now.

The minimum tender for restricted free agents was just under $2 million. And that would have been an original round tender. He wasn't going to factor in compensatory picks regardless, but do you really want to pay Harris $2 million? Sure, it's technically non-guaranteed and he could get cut, but it takes up cap space and he might get hurt. He'll probably get less on the open market and the Redskins can always re-sign him for a lower salary.

I believe we are working hard to extend Scherff but understandably his camp wanted to see what FA would set the market at for his contract this year.  Now the big OL deals are done I think fair market value will have been established and the deal will happen, probably have the number but are haggling over language, timing of roster bonuses and all that nickel and dime stuff the agents love.

10 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

I don't see why we aren't working hard to extend Scherff as its a no brainer and the cream of the OL FA crop has been signed so the agent knows the values to shoot for.  Come on Schaeffer, do your magic.

You know the Redskins aren’t working on this how?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If AB goes for  3rd, this should take less.  For someone that knows Jays offense and how bad our WR core is, would anyone really say no to something like a 4th rounder and restructure?  

Mike Brown is the least dealing owner/GM in the NFL.  He's not trading AJ Green until he's sure AJ is done physically or unless AJ says he'll retire if he's not traded.  

17 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Can Eric Berry even play football anymore? Serious question... If we can't re-sign Haha, is it possible we try him out? At what price tag (I assume he'd still be more expensive than Haha)

I heard he has some long term health issues. I dont even know if he could play again. But there is a team trying to figure it all out:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Source-Cowboys-investigating-health-of-released-Chiefs-star-Eric-Berry-130037132/

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I heard he has some long term health issues. I dont even know if he could play again. But there is a team trying to figure it all out:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Source-Cowboys-investigating-health-of-released-Chiefs-star-Eric-Berry-130037132/

Yeah I'm not sure Berry would pass a physical for most teams.  

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Seeing some rumblings on Twitter about Redskins involved with other teams over Golden Tate.  Not sure if it's true but I think the market for him might be in the $10 mil/yr range.  Seems too high to me.

Is Paul Richardson not capable of being a slot guy? Seems like he could excel in the slot. 

1 minute ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

Is Paul Richardson not capable of being a slot guy? Seems like he could excel in the slot. 

He cannot stay healthy on the outside. No way he stays healthy in the slot - probably not at all but even less chance in the slot. His strength is stretching the field deep. Not really getting that opportunity in the slot. 

Considering how close to the cap we are I don't think there is any likelihood of us underspending.  Right now we have enough on hand to sign a couple of mid tier FA's and our draft class and that is about it, certainly no room to push some of the hit for Alex to this year.  We do have options to make more room but if we do then it will be to sign someone for this year.

20 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Seeing some rumblings on Twitter about Redskins involved with other teams over Golden Tate.  Not sure if it's true but I think the market for him might be in the $10 mil/yr range.  Seems too high to me.

Also think the Pats are reportedly in on him.....

25 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Is everyone else assuming that is we don't spend to the cap, we will convert some of Alex Smith's salary next year to this year so we have more wiggle next year? That is what I would do. 

It wouldn't matter since cap space rolls over to the following year.

1 hour ago, RabidFan said:

I'm sure the Bears will offer Ha Ha more money than we would.  Ha Ha kinda was shocked about the easyness of Club Jay when he arrived (as many free agents do) I remember reading somewhere.  Bring on Tre Boston and fill some other holes.  

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article209111609.html

I know a lot of people have mentioned tre Boston as a possibility at safety.  I didn't know much about him so I read up on him a bit.  I know the Panthers relinquished his rights before his four years were up, which isn't a good sign that they passed on a cheap alternative, and he has played on three teams in five years.  But he is young and seems to be improving as time has gone on.  I know this an old article, but his social activism may be the reason for the lack of interest league-wide.  

Bears tweeter @daBearPatriot has tweeted that Skins have signed Ha Ha to a 4 year 36 mill 24 mill guaranteed contract.  I've seen no local beat reporters show this info yet.  Take with a grain of salt.  Right now a rumor.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Bears tweeter @daBearPatriot has tweeted that Skins have signed Ha Ha to a 4 year 36 mill 24 mill guaranteed contract.  I've seen no local beat reporters show this info yet.  Take with a grain of salt.  Right now a rumor.

I read earlier that he was potentially aiming for 4/42 million...could be right...

1 minute ago, Sknsnation said:

The #Redskins have agreed to re-sign S HaHa Clinton-Dix to a 4-year $36M deal, $24M guaranteed. Yet another safety off the board for the #Bears.

Hope so, get cheap 2019 salary cap hit, then go and get WR and onto the draft. 

HTTR 

Just now, HigSkin said:

Yes, add Jags and Steelers supposedly.  Of course it could also be that rumor where Skins are included with everyone!

Wonder who the trade rumor could be.

Vikings strapped on cap, ones of their receivers? Maybe Allen Robinsons contract is now too rich for the Bears to stomach, Lockett from Seattle. All random names. Pure guesses haha. Not sure AJ Green or Julio is viable.

Archived