Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Over the Cap has us with $16.8 million in cap space now, factoring for Collins and the two releases.

$5m for draft capital

$5m for in-season maneuvering

$6 million to spend in FA. We'll likely need more, but can make more by extending Scherff, restructruing Kerrigan (unlikely) or outright cutting Vernon Davis.

It appears Mason Foster will have another year of lumbering to the sideline to push a RB in the back for an 8 yard gain. 

Love the prospects of the D much more with the freak Brown in the fold situationally. Absolutely cannot lack athleticism in the middle with all that’s going on offensively these days. 

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Moves being made to help extend Scherff, maybe? Or is that even necessary?

Extending Scherff would lower his 2019 hit. He's due $12.5 million. Even if we signed him for a $13m a year extension, his Year1 hit would likely be in the $8-10m range, saving us some dough.

This is typically the case, but our 2021 cap room is pretty subsantial. So even pushing some of these big deals down the line like we did with Collins should help the current cap situation. Smith, Kerrigan, Norman, Trent, and Reed off the books though, and guys like Ionnidis, Allen, Payne, etc. needing to eventually get paid, so you're going to need to replace those guys somehow. But plenty of future cap space available beyond 2020.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am Rapoport (granted take the dude with a grain of salt 😁) just said they are trying to bring back Haha. 

I heard that as well and they didn't finish because of the breaking E. Thomas stuff!

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Extending Scherff would lower his 2019 hit. He's due $12.5 million. Even if we signed him for a $13m a year extension, his Year1 hit would likely be in the $8-10m range, saving us some dough.

This is typically the case, but our 2021 cap room is pretty subsantial. So even pushing some of these big deals down the line like we did with Collins should help the current cap situation. Smith, Kerrigan, Norman, Trent, and Reed off the books though, and guys like Ionnidis, Allen, Payne, etc. needing to eventually get paid, so you're going to need to replace those guys somehow. But plenty of future cap space available beyond 2020.

Could they redo a deal to front load it to this year...If we have cap left over, move some to this year off of next year's number?

Just saw your breakdown...guess we wont have left over anyways..

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

It appears Mason Foster will have another year of lumbering to the sideline to push a RB in the back for an 8 yard gain. 

Love the prospects of the D much more with the freak Brown in the fold situationally. Absolutely cannot lack athleticism in the middle with all that’s going on offensively these days. 

That guy’s got 9 lives with this team. I appreciate his toughness and willingness to play through pain, but he represents everything that is outdated and incoherent about this defense. Slow to diagnose, and even slower arriving to the hole. Throw in the in-season comments he made about this fan base, and he should have been gone yesterday. 

This team rarely bites the bullet and makes the hard or shrewd move ahead of time. You can sense the lack of foresight and long term vision in virtually every move they make. 

12 minutes ago, volsmet said:

We have a pretty good idea of what this offense will look like if Keenum is the one running the wild-Gruden. People citing the 6 wind with Alex are reading quite a bit more into that record than seems rational, we weren’t very good. I like the idea with CT, it would be nice to get him the ball while moving.

Well, I'm higher on keenum than most, I think he's a better fit for Gruden's offense than Alex was. However his career average stats are identical to Alex's, (with less attempts) so that bears watching.

Hopefully his stats look like Kirk's or at least come closer to it. With the defense looking good, I'd wager we could win quite a few games if the offense could manage to score more than 10 points in the second half through 6 or 7 combined games, or whatever ridiculous number it was.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Anyone else hear Craig Hoffman pushing Grant Paulsen's **** in a few minutes ago about the whole Zach Brown deal?

I loved every minute of it lol.

No.  But, I saw Hoffman, bluntly rejecting Paulsen's opinion on Zach Brown on Twitter.  That was gold.  I can only imagine him doing that live on air was awesome, hahaha.

1 minute ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

No.  But, I saw Hoffman, bluntly rejecting Paulsen's opinion on Zach Brown on Twitter.  That was gold.  I can only imagine him doing that live on air was awesome, hahaha.

Grant is so damn annoying, I don't know why I listen to him at work.  His fat lips smacking every other word make my damn skin boil.  And then you have Danny jerking him off all show.  It was at least better when Danny lost his voice and was out.

If you are a caller, you aren't allowed to disagree with Grant.  That is just his rule.  But Craig isn't just a caller, so it was great to hear it.  You could tell Craig was getting annoyed.  He's so much more knowledgeable about football than Grant is.

13 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I heard that as well and they didn't finish because of the breaking E. Thomas stuff!

I hope Ha Ha accepts a inexpensive deal if he is coming back and we don't pay him much.  I wasn't pleased with his play last year.  

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I hope Ha Ha accepts a inexpensive deal if he is coming back and we don't pay him much.  I wasn't pleased with his play last year.  

He's going to get some deal between Amos and Collins so it isn't going to be cheap unless they rig the contract like they did with Collins.  🙂

According to NFLN, he's now the best safety that isn't signed.

27 minutes ago, Stormy said:

That guy’s got 9 lives with this team. I appreciate his toughness and willingness to play through pain, but he represents everything that is outdated and incoherent about this defense. Slow to diagnose, and even slower arriving to the hole. Throw in the in-season comments he made about this fan base, and he should have been gone yesterday. 

This team rarely bites the bullet and makes the hard or shrewd move ahead of time. You can sense the lack of foresight and long term vision in virtually every move they make. 

Mason Foster and Shawn Luvao are guys that must have some awesome blackmail material they remain on the team despite being consistently ****ty

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He's going to get some deal between Amos and Collins so it isn't going to be cheap unless they rig the contract like they did with Collins.  🙂

According to NFLN, he's now the best safety that isn't signed.

If Ha-Ha is the best safety left I'd take my chances with what we have or the draft. He was terrible for us this year. 

43 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Anyone else hear Craig Hoffman pushing Grant Paulsen's **** in a few minutes ago about the whole Zach Brown deal?

I loved every minute of it lol.

YES, it was nice to hear Hoffman put Grant in his place, Grant's POV was anecdotal and Hoffman crushed him with specifics as to why Brown stinks.

29 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Grant is so damn annoying, I don't know why I listen to him at work.  His fat lips smacking every other word make my damn skin boil.  And then you have Danny jerking him off all show.  It was at least better when Danny lost his voice and was out.

If you are a caller, you aren't allowed to disagree with Grant.  That is just his rule.  But Craig isn't just a caller, so it was great to hear it.  You could tell Craig was getting annoyed.  He's so much more knowledgeable about football than Grant is.

I like the show but Grant has become more annoying since Kirk left, comes off as a know it all and refuses to move off his position even when his argument is proven weak.

53 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Moves being made to help extend Scherff, maybe? Or is that even necessary?

I don't know who's left to be signed at G in free agency but I imagine Scherff is waiting until everyone is signed knowing he's at the top of the food chain, and then he's gonna want WR 1 type money.

I don't know how teams will be able to manage the cap if they are paying Guards $10 - $15M per, it seems crazy, of course, all that matters is the cap hit so we'll see.

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If Ha-Ha is the best safety left I'd take my chances with what we have or the draft. He was terrible for us this year. 

You are absolutely correct...he was terrible.  No ball skills, can't tackle, and doesn't want to hit.  Hard to understand how he gets all this positive hype.  I would rate him one of the worst FS out there.  I'd take my chances with a late round pick before him.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't know who's left to be signed at G in free agency but I imagine Scherff is waiting until everyone is signed knowing he's at the top of the food chain, and then he's gonna want WR 1 type money.

I don't know how teams will be able to manage the cap if they are paying Guards $10 - $15M per, it seems crazy, of course, all that matters is the cap hit so we'll see.

Balancing draft picks and rookie contracts with high-paid quality starters. Where we have avoided going is re-signing OUR mid-level guys (Long, Grant last year, Smith, Crowder this year).

To have an OL with 3 high-paid linemen, you need 2 rookie contracts. As your rookies come off their deals and you sign them for big money or you draft a replacement. That is why I dont think we can afford to sign a high-priced LG ... we have to draft one. So Roillier and Rookie OL are your starters along with Moses, Trent and Scherff. You simply cannot pay 4 high-end OL. There has to be contractual balance.

Archived