Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm just curious and I don't mean to be an ass... But what's in it for you fans who dive deep into what money the players are making and what have you... Is there a GM tryout for the Redskins?.. again I don't mean to be disrespectful or rude..

I think some people here like to keep up with the cap and how it works.  I also think some people are interested in evaluating how much someone makes vs. their performance.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm just curious and I don't mean to be an ass... But what's in it for you fans who dive deep into what money the players are making and what have you... Is there a GM tryout for the Redskins?.. again I don't mean to be disrespectful or rude..

Seems pretty simple, if you are a true fan you want to see your team win games and be dominant in the NFL.  Since the NFL has a salary cap that is the only thing keeping a rich owner from buying a super team, what you pay certain players has a big impact on what other players you can add to your team.  So ergo, if you care enough to talk about any aspect of a team that you clearly cant control, then you would talk about money and salary caps. 

And if you dont care to talk about those things, it wouldnt make much sense to spend your time on a message board.

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Saban bailed on his team mid season with just a note on the lockers after being pretty ineffective in the nfl. It was a good move for him personally, but was really poor form. Don’t want. 

You are confusing Nick Saban with Bobby Petrino. Petrino is the one that quit on his team and left them a note in the locker room.

13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I think money and money management have become a part of the game. I don't follow the cap like these guys do, but even with my peripheral knowledge I find the maneuvering interesting. What moves can and can't be made? What decision made yesterday precludes one today or what foresight opened up an opportunity. How position groups split the pie.

It's kinda cool... especially when there's no football being played and the off season probowlers are accountants ;) 

21 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Apparently you need to try real hard to not be an ass.

People take interest in players salaries because it affects what the team can do to improve the team in other areas of need. It's really not as complicated as you make it.

im not trying to be an ass either. Im just naturally an ass.

I mean look. For years we have had issues at Safety. You're telling me that we could have HaHa and Landon in the back-end of our defense? Both Bama boys? And people will find a way to complain? I know Dix didn't live up to expectations last year, but let's not forget he was PFFs #2 Safety at that point in the season when we traded for him. I think a lot of folks want to blame the defensive collapse on him, when it was a number of other factors.

Also, anyone else find it pretty remarkable that after years of neglecting the middle of our defense that our defensive core could be:

Clinton-Dix + Collins

SDH + Reuben Foster

Payne + Allen

All Bama Boys, and that is a mean interior of the defense.

30 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

After seeing Dalvin Cook struggle with his ACL recovery last year, I’m not really counting on Guice 

They had to have AP back 

I understand that completely, but I like the chances of scoring a Alfred Morris type in the later rounds or UFA for half the price.

23 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Seems pretty simple, if you are a true fan you want to see your team win games and be dominant in the NFL.  Since the NFL has a salary cap that is the only thing keeping a rich owner from buying a super team, what you pay certain players has a big impact on what other players you can add to your team.  So ergo, if you care enough to talk about any aspect of a team that you clearly cant control, then you would talk about money and salary caps. 

And if you dont care to talk about those things, it wouldnt make much sense to spend your time on a message board.

I was recently told, in this thread, that the cap was meaningless. 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I mean look. For years we have had issues at Safety. You're telling me that we could have HaHa and Landon in the back-end of our defense? Both Bama boys? And people will find a way to complain? 

giphy.gif

One of the advantages to signing Haha instead of one of the other free safeties available is it possibly preserves the 4th round pick we gave up for him in the form of a comp pick.

But then again if we dont sign him someone else will so I guess it will wash either way, nevermind. 

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Having Collins and Ha Ha back together would be like Landry and Beckham being together again in Cleveland.

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

After seeing Dalvin Cook struggle with his ACL recovery last year, I’m not really counting on Guice 

They had to have AP back 

Agreed. How else could we run for 2 on 1st and 10. 

34 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I am gaining a degree in sports management so.... knowing aome of this stuff is kinda important to me

38 minutes ago, max21 said:

Consider me not that stoked, I Love AP who doesn’t but that’s expensive insurance for Guice. I really want to see what Guice can do 

I don't think it's that expensive.  He rushed for just over 1000 yards last year, his first full year back, with the o-line eventually in shambles.  I don't look at it as Guice insurance, more than I look at it as a mentor and leader on the team.  His work ethic and dedication alone is valuable to those guys. 

Plus he earned it, imo.  If all three of our main backs can stay healthy (CT, Guice and AP), we are in a good place as far as work load and rotation.  Plus this can only benefit Guice working and training with a future 1st ballot hall of famer.  At the end of the day, I think it was worth it.  

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

They should've added Davis in their cuts as well,. IMO.  

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I wouldn’t blame them for seeing what the draft brings first.  They can always cut him after and have some money for June 1 cuts.  

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

It appears Mason Foster will have another year of lumbering to the sideline to push a RB in the back for an 8 yard gain. 

Love the prospects of the D much more with the freak Brown in the fold situationally. Absolutely cannot lack athleticism in the middle with all that’s going on offensively these days. 

Foster, like Davis (above) is Decent from a depth perspective.  I think they’ll see what the draft brings before considering cutting him. 

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

I hope Ha Ha accepts a inexpensive deal if he is coming back and we don't pay him much.  I wasn't pleased with his play last year.  

I’m not a big fan, but it would alleviate one more position we needed going into the draft.  

2 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Definitely think we go guard in the draft as opposed to FA, there is not much out there and you have to pay a lot of money for even mediocre performance.  I did like what I saw from Cooper but I don't know if he would be fit by camp and his injury history is a concern.  Clinton-Dix would need to be for not a lot guaranteed and he may well get a better offer.  

Catalina says he feels 5 times stronger now.  Sayid something to the effect of working out alongside Scherff has been huge for him.  Wouldn’t count on him as a starter, but he, along with Cooper maybe getting re-signed would make me feel a bit better about our depth.  Need to address G in the draft though.

54 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is good news for me in the sense that it’s one more position we don’t have to address in the draft.  

54 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I think it’s insane not to be on in on some of the WRs

I actually disagree here a bit.  Money is tight and the receiving depth of this draft class is pretty darn good.  One more year of Doctson, Richardson coming back healthy, and then Quinn and Sims coming up.  Yes, we need a stud, but I think the value is better in the draft.  

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't think it's that expensive.  He rushed for just over 1000 yards last year, his first full year back, with the o-line eventually in shambles.  I don't look at it as Guice insurance, more than I look at it as a mentor and leader on the team.  His work ethic and dedication alone is valuable to those guys. 

Plus he earned it, imo.  If all three of our main backs can stay healthy (CT, Guice and AP), we are in a good place as far as work load and rotation.  Plus this can only benefit Guice working and training with a future 1st ballot hall of famer.  At the end of the day, I think it was worth it.  

I coulndt agreen more, who wouldnt want their future star running back learning from one of the best to play the game... plus if guice has kids AD can give him parenting pointers lol jk jk jk

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

One of the advantages to signing Haha instead of one of the other free safeties available is it possibly preserves the 4th round pick we gave up for him in the form of a comp pick.

We gave up a 4th to get him, but that's a sunk cost.  Irrelevant to moving forward. The trade off is signing another safety would cancel out a comp pick we receive from the nsekhe and crowder signings.  The other side of the coin is if we let haha walk, I believe we could receive a comp pick for another team signing him ( I'm not sure if having haha for only half a season entitles us to a comp pick for losing him, I think I read we could still get one but not positive).

Archived