Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

31 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Looks like cutting those three saves almost 12 million.  I would go ahead and pull the trigger on those cuts if we now we're going to have R Foster.  I would feel bad about cutting M Foster after asking him to play through the kind of injuries he did, but the savings are too good and we need to upgrade him to take the next step as a defense.  If those cuts get us to ~20 million in space, then maybe we can address our issues at WR and OL while retaining HaHa.

But if HaHa is set to make 8+ million then I think you probably have to let him go.  Does anyone have a feel of what he's going to command?

I would keep Brown, especially with Reuben Foster's history. Hard to plan on him without having a contingency plan. 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Is it safe to assume that we're cutting these guys because we have agreements in place with other free agents?

I think it was assumed this was going to happen a while ago...  we may have deals in place, but I don't think they were going to be on the team beyond the start of free agency no matter what. 

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I think it was assumed this was going to happen a while ago...  we may have deals in place, but I don't think they were going to be on the team beyond the start of free agency no matter what. 

Yeah, maybe no trade interest (since they supposedly were shopping) and decided to just let go.

2 hours ago, dballer said:

While we are on the box safety thing...

I don't see it as an insult. I believe in todays game the box safety is going to become more valuable, used correctly. You want to beat Brady? Get a good box safety. Someone that can play the run and the underneath routes. Landon Collins would have helped the Chargers vs the Pats more than the vaunted Derwin James did...just sayin 🤷‍♂️ 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Is it safe to assume that we're cutting these guys because we have agreements in place with other free agents?

not really.  McGee is the 6th DL so a low round player or UDFA could take the spot, Shaun Dion Hamilton took a starting spot last year and Reuben Foster is highly ranked so we essentially have in house guys

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Great to hear. None of this tells me what to expect from him in this defense from a schematic standpoint. But... I agree, leadership is hard to come by.

Undoubtedly, when the top of the organization is Snyder, Allen & Jay.

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

So now to boost your narrative you are going to compare an All Pro and 3 time pro bowler to Preston Smith? Really?

Edit: And who gives a **** what PFF says about anyone? They have David Baktiari listed as the best tackle in the league, Calais Campbell as the best edge player in the NFL and Stephon Gilmore as the best CB in the league. Basically that entire site is full of ****.

Who is the All Pro?

Unless we re-sign Dix and AP, I don't think we should spend big on anyone else. Just get a few guys in as depth pieces at ILB and EDGE. Set up Anderson as your other Edge to replace Smith and go draft a guy in the 3rd or 5th to provide rotatinal depth. Same at ILB. Go G, WR, QB, TE, etc. early in the draft.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Unless we re-sign Dix and AP, I don't think we should spend big on anyone else. Just get a few guys in as depth pieces at ILB and EDGE. Set up Anderson as your other Edge to replace Smith and go draft a guy in the 3rd or 5th to provide rotatinal depth. Same at ILB. Go G, WR, QB, TE, etc. early in the draft.

with our injury history we need more than one OL

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

You're absolutely right, no one knows how Keenum will do in our offense under Gruden, and if he can replicate what he did in Minnesota I'll be thrillled.

The fact remains that despite a 13 and 3 season in Minnesota they moved on from him and despite a large contract from the Broncos they moved on from him after only one year, to Joe Flacco of all people, not exactly an inspiring upgrade. 

the bar for Redskins quarterbacks has been set so low that Keenum is where skins fans think it should be.

It isn't,  Keenum is what teams that cant find a franchise quarterback settle for, and if we can't get somebody better I'll certainly take him over Sanchez or Johnson but I really hope we can find a guy we can get behind with serious hope towards our future.

Right now that guy is not on our roster.

I mostly agree with everything you said.....Keenum is only 31 and may not be the guy for our future, but who knows, maybe he will be? I like that he has playoff experience and has tasted success....that should drive him to want bigger things. Somehow he keeps getting opportunities.

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

I'd like to see Foster cut just for being an asshole.

Brown got it for mailing it in after his contract extension. McGee was a guy who should never have been signed, but he played decently. 

Brown had a oblique injury all last year he never did anything with

3 minutes ago, carex said:

with our injury history we need more than one OL

We're still very much in Tier 1 of Free Agency. There's a TON of unsigned guys. I would imagine we bring in a veteran LG (Re-sign Cooper even) ... rumor we are kciking tires on bringing back Johnathan Sullivan. I think we'll get a couple of these guys in here, then go draft another Guard and possibly a late-round OT too.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

No one can say for sure what the Keenum signing will mean to this offense. Charlie Weis praised the trade for the Skins and talked about how good Keenum was in 2017. He nearly took the Vikings to the SB without their starting RB. Keenum may be and likely is an upgrade to Alex Smith after we saw how little Smith did while he played and the team still won 6 games. I'm optimistic that Keenum won't be asked to do too much and will surprise us with how well he and Jay connect. We do need to get him some playmakers though. If I were Jay I'd put CT in as a WR more given our lack of playmakers. Similar to how the Steelers used Bell.

We have a pretty good idea of what this offense will look like if Keenum is the one running the wild-Gruden. People citing the 6 wind with Alex are reading quite a bit more into that record than seems rational, we weren’t very good. I like the idea with CT, it would be nice to get him the ball while moving rather than having him sit for these hospital balls thrown late to our diminutive back while facing the line of scrimmage. Thompson’s spine was nearly put through his chest 20 times over the last 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Collins described here as a smaller, far less athletic, & older Devin Bush. Interesting.

33 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

So...Not sure what to think.

That has never slowed you down in the past, my friend.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We're still very much in Tier 1 of Free Agency. There's a TON of unsigned guys. I would imagine we bring in a veteran LG (Re-sign Cooper even) ... rumor we are kciking tires on bringing back Johnathan Sullivan. I think we'll get a couple of these guys in here, then go draft another Guard and possibly a late-round OT too.

I wouldn't mind bringing back Cooper, but he's another often injured guy. Is Sullivan an actual rumor or just fan speculation?  Also, you only mentioned OL once in your post, in the draft section.  And I think I'd prefer earlier than a late round tackle

I can understand the argument of not paying a safety who is better at the LOS elite money and even said before hand I would have preferred Mosley. But in a smash mouth division that features two elite running backs, it’s tough to not see the value he can potentially bring. We are also collecting more and more of some of the greatest players on some of the greatest CFB defenses of all time. Again, tough to crap on that too much. Culture is so huge in the NFL, it’s one of the biggest reasons the Patriots run like a well oiled machine with completely different parts from year to year, while the Browns flounder year after year (might finally be turning the corner and needed a guy like Baker to turn the culture around). So again tough not to get excited about that.

And while he’s not Troy P, he’s damn good. Getting too worked up about money on positional value reminds me of the people who were crying over picking a guard at 5. Think the Skins or Colts regret drafting Scherff or Nelson that high? Grab good players all over and go play ball.

53 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Skip is completely insane but at least he’s never floated the idea that Bruce Allen should’ve and could’ve traded Kirk to the Chiefs for Pat Mahomes in 2017.

But, he did compare his game to that of Russell Westbrook.

10 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Brown got it for mailing it in after his contract extension. McGee was a guy who should never have been signed, but he played decently. 

They should've added Davis in their cuts as well,. IMO.  

Just now, HardcoreZorn said:

I can understand the argument of not paying a safety who is better at the LOS elite money and even said before hand I would have preferred Mosley. But in a smash mouth division that features two elite running backs, it’s tough to not see the value he can potentially bring. We are also collecting more and more of some of the greatest players on some of the greatest CFB defenses of all time. Again, tough to crap on that too much. Culture is so huge in the NFL, it’s one of the biggest reasons the Patriots run like a well oiled machine with completely different parts from year to year, while the Browns flounder year after year (might finally be turning the corner and needed a guy like Baker to turn the culture around). So again tough not to get excited about that.

And while he’s not Troy P, he’s damn good. Getting too worked up about money on positional value reminds me of the people who were crying over picking a guard at 5. Think the Skins or Colts regret drafting Scherff or Nelson that high? Grab good players all over and go play ball.

Our SS would ideally be a guy who could cover those backs if needed. Rumor has it, these teams throw them the football from time to time. 

13 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Youre going to need to be more specific.

5 minutes ago, carex said:

I wouldn't mind bringing back Cooper, but he's another often injured guy. Is Sullivan an actual rumor or just fan speculation?  Also, you only mentioned OL once in your post, in the draft section.  And I think I'd prefer earlier than a late round tackle

I did a few mocks where we got a 3rd round LG and a 6th Round OT.

I know this is a dead horse (at least I feel like it is for me), but OL tape a while to develop. Some never do (Arie) and some do (Long, Moses). Remember, we drated Christian last year and he was deemed very raw, probably a year too early to enter, and a 2019 candidate for R1 at LT. I didn't expect much from him last year. People wrote of Spencer Long and Morgan Moses after they played little their rookie years, and both turned out just fine.

Trent (Pro Bowl), Moses (Pro Bowl), Christian (3rd round 2nd year guy) is fine for depth. Adding a 6th round T/G combo type would be a nice complement to this group, IMO. Martez Ivey is one guy I have my eyes on. Lots of pedigree but "falling" to later in the draft ... could be a nice 4th OT with Guard potential.

Archived