Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Probably in the minority, but happy to give Clinton Dix another chance. Hopefully the deal is reasonable, think we will have a strong safety duo.

Agreed, he can cover and looked better on angles the last couple games of the year.  He's not "great" but an above average safety and I don't necessarily count last year traded and in a new system.

Just now, HigSkin said:

Agreed, he can cover and looked better on angles the last couple games of the year.  He's not "great" but an above average safety and I don't necessarily count last year traded and in a new system.

I need to give the benefit of doubt to the fact that yes, he was in a brand new system and coaching makes a difference.  Now that we have a very good DB coach in Horton and Ha Ha is back with Collins there should be a difference in his play.  

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Probably in the minority, but happy to give Clinton Dix another chance. Hopefully the deal is reasonable, think we will have a strong safety duo.

I'd agree with you. He was not good last season, but he's had a good career and I'd put more weight on that than half a season with no training cap/pre-season on this team. He's at least shown talent in this league

Browns getting a lot of love--too much imo, but...

Side note: I'm gonna bet $10 on the Skins winning the SB lol..

https://www.oddsshark.com/super-bowl/futures

Odds To Win Super Bowl 54

Odds as of March 13 at Bovada

• New England Patriots +700
  • Kansas City Chiefs +750
  • Los Angeles Rams +800
  • New Orleans Saints +900
  • Chicago Bears +1400
  • Cleveland Browns +1400
  • Los Angeles Chargers +1400
  • Philadelphia Eagles +1600
  • Indianapolis Colts +1800
  • Dallas Cowboys +2000
  • Green Bay Packers +2000
  • Minnesota Vikings +2000
  • Pittsburgh Steelers +2000
  • Houston Texans +2800
  • Seattle Seahawks +2800
  • Baltimore Ravens +3000
  • San Francisco 49ers +3000
  • Atlanta Falcons +3300
  • Jacksonville Jaguars +3300
  • Tennessee Titans +5000
  • Carolina Panthers +5500
  • Denver Broncos +6000
  • New York Giants +6000
  • Oakland Raiders +6600
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers +7000
  • Detroit Lions +8000
  • Buffalo Bills +10000
  • Arizona Cardinals +12500
  • Cincinnati Bengals +12500
  • Miami Dolphins +12500
  • New York Jets +12500
  • Washington Redskins +15000

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

I definitely think we will address this in the draft.  

Just now, Califan007 said:

Browns getting a lot of love--too much imo, but...

Side note: I'm gonna bet $10 on the Skins winning the SB lol..

https://www.oddsshark.com/super-bowl/futures

Odds To Win Super Bowl 54

Odds as of March 13 at Bovada

• New England Patriots +700
  • Kansas City Chiefs +750
  • Los Angeles Rams +800
  • New Orleans Saints +900
  • Chicago Bears +1400
  • Cleveland Browns +1400
  • Los Angeles Chargers +1400
  • Philadelphia Eagles +1600
  • Indianapolis Colts +1800
  • Dallas Cowboys +2000
  • Green Bay Packers +2000
  • Minnesota Vikings +2000
  • Pittsburgh Steelers +2000
  • Houston Texans +2800
  • Seattle Seahawks +2800
  • Baltimore Ravens +3000
  • San Francisco 49ers +3000
  • Atlanta Falcons +3300
  • Jacksonville Jaguars +3300
  • Tennessee Titans +5000
  • Carolina Panthers +5500
  • Denver Broncos +6000
  • New York Giants +6000
  • Oakland Raiders +6600
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers +7000
  • Detroit Lions +8000
  • Buffalo Bills +10000
  • Arizona Cardinals +12500
  • Cincinnati Bengals +12500
  • Miami Dolphins +12500
  • New York Jets +12500
  • Washington Redskins +15000

Cleveland is.  Move us 1/2 way up the board, IMO.  We aren't that bad.  :P

12 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Saban bailed on his team mid season with just a note on the lockers after being pretty ineffective in the nfl. It was a good move for him personally, but was really poor form. Don’t want. 

He didn't bail on the Dolphins mid-season.  He lied about not going to Bama with 2 games left in the NFL season, then bolted after the season was finished.  Left a note in the lockers?  Link an article stating that, because I don't recall that ever happening.  In fact, he met with the Dolphins owner and the owner announced his departure and cited that it was more involved and included family issues.

The only thing he did wrong was lie about it and continuously state he was not going to Bama and appearing angry about the questions.  I'd imagine at the time, he felt like it would cause a bigger distraction by just saying, "No comment" or "I'll address/evaluate my situation after the season is over", etc.  The owner wasn't mad at him.  

I can't stand him personally, but that's because I'm not a Bama fan and jealous of the crazy dominance he brought to NCAA football.  Would I want him as our head coach?  Absolutely not.  He sucked as a head NFL coach, he probably would make a better defensive coordinator at the pro level, granted he was the Browns DC for four years and has said it was the worst time of his life.  Despite having the #7 overall defense and going 11-5 with the Browns in 1994.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Interested to see what the numbers are, SIP.  I'm guessing 3 mill per year average w/incentives.  You?  He got 2 yr 8 mill ouch.  A little steep.  Let's see how Schaffer worked it though.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schaffer at it again.  He's amazing.  :) 

At some point we need to cut Davis.  Love the guy and he's been amazing but if we are going to sign Ha Ha and a couple other vets we need the extra cap room.  Cutting him would free up close to 5 mill with 0 cap space hit.

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

Consider me not that stoked, I Love AP who doesn’t but that’s expensive insurance for Guice. I really want to see what Guice can do 

Guice will but until he heals up and is ready we have AD back.  Great move by Skins. :)

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Schaffer at it again.  He's amazing.  :) 

At some point we need to cut Davis.  Love the guy and he's been amazing but if we are going to sign Ha Ha and a couple other vets we need the extra cap room.  Cutting him would free up close to 5 mill with 0 cap space hit.

i am sure he'll get cut based on how the draft goes and if skins are able to get one of the premier TEs

4 minutes ago, max21 said:

Consider me not that stoked, I Love AP who doesn’t but that’s expensive insurance for Guice. I really want to see what Guice can do 

We all want to see what guice can do but reconstructive knee surgery is serious ****. Look what it did to RG3. We need the insurance and mentorship he will bring.

Archived