Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

29 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, so this whole Gov. Northam debacle, here is my take as a black man: I don't care. He took a stupid picture (maybe) the same year I was born. That doesn't make him racist, lets look at what legislature he wants to introduce. I would much rather judge him on that notion.

Also, I don't want him to resign. If he were a Republican...he wouldn't resign. In fact, his own party would back him up. The same way they backed Trump, Moore, King, Kavanaugh, etc. I'm sick of the Democrats eating their own like Northam and Franken who obviously didn't commit the same level of immorality as the former names mentioned.

Well stated. And I agree, but with a caveat...

He lied over 2 days about it. That's what I won't tolerate. 

If you did it, own it, give reason (or the lack of sense)...but don't lie. 

He's starting to sound like my stepdaughter...and because I've had to keep pointing out the thousand lies she's told, over and over, she isn't trusted to be anywhere near my home. I don't know what nefarious character she may have given this address to. Straight up. No trust. ZERO. 

I got roasted here for the benefit of the doubt, but when he changed the story, I lost the defense. (And I was 18 in '84, in the NOVA hills, in a 2000 kid HS with only 3 black ones. ) 

I think back & can't for one second imagine their lives then. 

I've never been to a reunion, and it would blow my mind if any of them showed up. (However, I'd cheer like crazy if they're all wildly successful, truly. ) 

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, so this whole Gov. Northam debacle, here is my take as a black man: I don't care. He took a stupid picture (maybe) the same year I was born. That doesn't make him racist, lets look at what legislature he wants to introduce. I would much rather judge him on that notion.

Also, I don't want him to resign. If he were a Republican...he wouldn't resign. In fact, his own party would back him up. The same way they backed Trump, Moore, King, Kavanaugh, etc. I'm sick of the Democrats eating their own like Northam and Franken who obviously didn't commit the same level of immorality as the former names mentioned.

I believe @visionary shared this earlier

And of course this:

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/northam-campaign-flier-removes-picture-of-lg-candidate-justin-fairfax/article_c771cac2-7364-5b15-92ba-cce8ce0c604c.html

As a black man, stop shooting bail for people who do stuff like this when we know black people don’t get the second chances.

58 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

my take as a black man: I'm tired of people doing obviously racist ****, then getting the "that doesn't make him racist" pass

my take as a democrat: I want dont want my party to cede the moral high ground in arguments like this, particularly when the line of succession will have another democrat fill the role.

my take as a resident of VA: if his response to this news is how he deals with a crisis, VA will be better off under a different leadership

Well now I'm hear they are sexual assault allegations about Fairfax. Are we going to hear his case or just straight up make him resign as well? Northam needs to resign, but what I am saying is that only one side throws their people into the fire, the GOP doesn't do it and they get their people elected. I'm sick of the "high road" crap, it doesn't work, at least not yet.

25 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Well stated. And I agree, but with a caveat...

He lied over 2 days about it. That's what I won't tolerate. 

If you did it, own it, give reason (or the lack of sense)...but don't lie. 

He's starting to sound like my stepdaughter...and because I've had to keep pointing out the thousand lies she's told, over and over, she isn't trusted to be anywhere near my home. I don't know what nefarious character she may have given this address to. Straight up. No trust. ZERO. 

I got roasted here for the benefit of the doubt, but when he changed the story, I lost the defense. (And I was 18 in '84, in the NOVA hills, in a 2000 kid HS with only 3 black ones. ) 

I think back & can't for one second imagine their lives then. 

I've never been to a reunion, and it would blow my mind if any of them showed up. (However, I'd cheer like crazy if they're all wildly successful, truly. ) 

He definitely botched the apology, but I don't think it would've mattered with most liberals\democrats. Trump got caught on video\audio saying terrible things, he never apologized and still got elected. Many GOPers say and do terrible things and never apologize and get away with the act. I think we should stop taking the "high road", it doesn't do us any good as the "moral" party. I'm sick of us cleaning house and playing fair while the otherside gets to do whatever they want.

9 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Regarding black face in general, I didn't realize it was supposably super offensive until a few years ago.  Some of that is just upbringing and what you were/are exposed to.

Im in this boat too. 

Not only did i not realize it was offensive, I didn’t even know it was a thing until the last few years when the media was talking about it. I forget what the original (to me) story was. 

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

I'm sure there would be fewer calls to resign if there wasn't a Democrat Lt Gov.  Most I think would still be calling for his resignation.

You think most dems would call for him to resign if a republican was behind him?

I have enough respect for a few here to think they would. 

Im positive majority would justify keeping him. Theyd just say GOP is bad and that’s that. 

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

You think most dems would call for him to resign if a republican was behind him?

I have enough respect for a few here to think they would. 

Im positive majority would justify keeping him. Theyd just say GOP is bad and that’s that. 

Hmmm... Interesting

Would you (removing party affiliation)?

I think most dems would (I certainly would, if I was a Virginian), though your qualifier isn't all that juicy, if it's just a conservative and nothing more. Say that said gop'er was also known to peddle racist beliefs and followed the Trump playbook.

Then it becomes interesting. But no, I doubt many would retreat to the party line if it was simply "Joe/Jane Republican"

In today's climate, and ESPECIALLY as a person of color, I'll choose to hold elected officials to a high standard.  I got ZERO tolerance for racism.  Blackface has it's ugly deep-rooted ties in the history of this country.  No way he didn't know what he was doing.  He obviously won't resign, but he should.  Much like a few others that are in office. 

27 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

In today's climate, and ESPECIALLY as a person of color, I'll choose to hold elected officials to a high standard.  I got ZERO tolerance for racism.  Blackface has it's ugly deep-rooted ties in the history of this country.  No way he didn't know what he was doing.  He obviously won't resign, but he should.  Much like a few others that are in office. 

I can't see how he can't resign. Dude basically has everyone in his own party against him.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I think we should stop taking the "high road", it doesn't do us any good as the "moral" party. I'm sick of us cleaning house and playing fair while the otherside gets to do whatever they want.

And then your party will end up full of ****heads with a base of unprincipled mindless mouth breathers just like the GOP. You might win some more elections but it won’t matter for **** and the country will officially be irredeemable.

edit: Now I would not disagree if you said they needed to stop playing nice with the GOP. I’d totally agree. The GOP needs to be crushed.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Negative. They’d do exactly what you said.

As for myself, I’m not a democrat and I’m not calling for him to resign now but let’s say hypothetically that I were and that there was a republican behind him... in putting myself as a firm “depends”. Which Republican are we talking about?

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

But no, I doubt many would retreat to the party line if it was simply "Joe/Jane Republican"

I guess I’ve come to the point of thinking there isn’t a “joe/Jane republican”

Or at least that no one (in the context of whom we’re speaking) thinks that. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What if it’s Corey Stewart behind Northam?  Still want Northam to resign?

**** no. 

Northam am has been idiotically offensive

stewart would be dangerous.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I can't see how he can't resign. Dude basically has everyone in his own party against him.

Except they’re not going to impeach him and his political career is over. Why not keep the last job he’ll get?

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

And then your party will end up full of ****heads with a base of unprincipled mindless mouth breathers just like the GOP. You might win some more elections but it won’t matter for **** and the country will officially be irredeemable.

edit: Now I would not disagree if you said they needed to stop playing nice with the GOP. I’d totally agree. The GOP needs to be crushed.

I'm not saying gerrymander and purge voters like the GOP, but can we take the gloves off? They're doing something right, can't we take a page out of that book?

8 hours ago, visionary said:

This is the point I first tried to make...1984 was one thing, 2013 is quite another. 

We didn't have access to as much of everyone's feelings on everything like we do now. 

More news from the past can be found now...and pondered, and viewpoints change. 

26 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

This is the point I first tried to make...1984 was one thing, 2013 is quite another. 

We didn't have access to as much of everyone's feelings on everything like we do now. 

More news from the past can be found now...and pondered, and viewpoints change. 

Virginia Pilot article with the pictures. I think geography plays a part in these things.
https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/virginia/article_66b9fb4a-28b3-11e9-8f5c-eb00c1596af2.html

Add: Dumb****s

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

He won’t resign, this will all pass, and nobody will be thinking about it in two weeks’ time.  Bet.

It won’t completely blow over though, it’ll be a black eye on the party for 3 years.

With the (credible) allegations swirling around Fairfax though, elevating him to Governor at this time would be a mistake. Northam sticking it out is probably the least bad option. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

He won’t resign, this will all pass, and nobody will be thinking about it in two weeks’ time.  Bet.

I agree, unless nothing else comes along to make people forget about this.

That maga hat kid and the old indian dude seem like forever ago.

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

It won’t completely blow over though, it’ll be a black eye on the party for 3 years.

With the (credible) allegations swirling around Fairfax though, elevating him to Governor at this time would be a mistake. Northam sticking it out is probably the least bad option. 

Are these allegations against Fairfax credible?  WaPo didn't run the story when they came across it.  

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Are these allegations against Fairfax credible?  WaPo didn't run the story when they came across it.  

WaPo ran an article the other day specifically disagreeing with Fairfax’s claim that they found reason to doubt the woman’s story. They declined to run it because it was him vs her (she didn’t tell anyone before). 

That said, they agree they were in a hotel room together kissing. She says she left the room in tears after he tried to force her to perform oral on him. I don’t really know why she’d lie about that but it seems she’s in a telling mood now so I expect we’ll find out more soon. 

In essence, it’s still a him vs her thing, but the allegation isn’t from someone who hadn’t ever met Fairfax or something like that. 

I’m also curious if there was infidelity... he married his wife in 06, the alleged assault took place in 04. Hmm. 

At any rate, not a great time for Fairfax to suddenly become Governor. 

Archived