Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

I was against him resigning when the picture first came out.  I wanted to know more about the story and him as a person before calling for him to stepdown.  Now, I agree he needs to go.  Not because of the picture so much but because of the way the entire situation has been handled.  I mean if he can handle a bad picture coming out in a way that makes at least a little sense, how in the hell is he going to handle a real emergency?

29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Me personally, I have no idea (but I have continued to say that "Is he a racist now?" Is truly the wrong way to look at this, taking his clear deception on the issue, his ensuing comments, and now his woefully bad presser, where among many errs, he exhibited a startling amount of tone deafness). I dont think it matters, given his conduct after the fact.

But you can be sure that people are digging now to see if there's more to be found.

What "clear deception" on the issue?  I didn't see the press conference. 

If it was, would that make it ok, in your opinion?

No.  But it wouldn't, in my mind, make it a disqualifying act absent any other indication of racism from the 30 years of  the man's life since then.  I am troubled by the immediate knee-jerk condemnation.  In the rush to scramble to the moral high ground, Democrats have cast generally good people aside for isolated past mistakes while unrepentant cretins thrive on the other side of the aisle.  And it hasn't gotten the Democrats much.

He said it was, and then he said it wasn't, which clearly illustrates intent to deceive/lie.

If he isn't racist, would you be accepting of a man that acts in this manner (when he has an opportunity to finally come clean) being fit to serve and represent you as governor?

I don't know whether it's him or not.  I can envision that his initial reaction was to assume it was him because it was on his page and then, after reflecting on it, decding there's no way that was him.  He never bought the yearbook and, if I heard right, he didn't himself submit photos for inclusion in the yearbook.

I do not think he's a very polished politician.  I do think he's a good hearted person who dedicated a career to caring for children.  I think there are too few good-hearted people in politics today, so I am not so eager to discard him for what might have been a stupid Halloween costume from 30 years ago.

How can you assume it was you, if you've never done anything like that before (I mean he literally talks about painting his face to look like early 80's Michael Jackson)? How did so few people not know about this, especially while he was on the campaign trail? His not knowing the motives behind the nickname "coonman?" His apparently not knowing about any of this, despite it being on his yearbook page?

I think that a man running for governor in the state of Virginia with the help of minorities wouldn't seem so "Forgetful" or lazy (in not getting out in front of something like this) unless there is more that he does not want us to know.

12 minutes ago, visionary said:

This is what I mean when I say the right wing controls mainstream media.

Wapo didn't run with it because they couldn't verify it. Fairfax said it never happened, but because some right-wing outlet put it out there, it is now in the news cycle and has dampened Fairfax's position.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't really think it's the GOP. At this point, I am certain everyone is digging though.

It is possible, but I am not sure of the intent unless they want the Democratic AG to be in power.

My only point is this non-story is now a story and it is out of James O'Keefe right-wing media playbook.

Ok, so this whole Gov. Northam debacle, here is my take as a black man: I don't care. He took a stupid picture (maybe) the same year I was born. That doesn't make him racist, lets look at what legislature he wants to introduce. I would much rather judge him on that notion.

Also, I don't want him to resign. If he were a Republican...he wouldn't resign. In fact, his own party would back him up. The same way they backed Trump, Moore, King, Kavanaugh, etc. I'm sick of the Democrats eating their own like Northam and Franken who obviously didn't commit the same level of immorality as the former names mentioned.

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, so this whole Gov. Northam debacle, here is my take as a black man: I don't care. He took a stupid picture (maybe) the same year I was born. That doesn't make him racist, lets look at what legislature he wants to introduce. I would much rather judge him on that notion.

Also, I don't want him to resign. If he were a Republican...he wouldn't resign. In fact, his own party would back him up. The same way they backed Trump, Moore, King, Kavanaugh, etc. I'm sick of the Democrats eating their own like Northam and Franken who obviously didn't commit the same level of immorality as the former names mentioned.

my take as a black man: I'm tired of people doing obviously racist ****, then getting the "that doesn't make him racist" pass

my take as a democrat: I want dont want my party to cede the moral high ground in arguments like this, particularly when the line of succession will have another democrat fill the role.

my take as a resident of VA: if his response to this news is how he deals with a crisis, VA will be better off under a different leadership

Archived