Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

48 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Republicans don't have any right to excoriate Notham. Their own house isn't clean on race issues.

Pot calling the kettle black, for sure.

21 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

he doesn't get it, he cannot last

I just breathed a lot of air in reading that tweet.

Republicans have an elected official that is saying racist things RIGHT NOW.  For any of them to act outraged over this is disingenuous.  If I felt for a second they actually cared about the racism, I would welcome their criticism, but they are just being opportunistic about this situation.

I don't believe in fair, I'm still besides myself right now. 

I did my part, I looked into his platform and voted for him in primary and general.  I helped the blue wave, how was I supposed to know id get stuck with this ****-stain distraction.

I hate to say this, but now would be perfect time for a Trump tweet.

Official statement from yesterday:

“Earlier today, a website published a photograph of me from my 1984 medical school yearbook in a costume that is clearly racist and offensive. 

“I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now.

“This behavior is not in keeping with who I am today and the values I have fought for throughout my career in the military, in medicine, and in public service. But I want to be clear, I understand how this decision shakes Virginians’ faith in that commitment.

“I recognize that it will take time and serious effort to heal the damage this conduct has caused. I am ready to do that important work. The first step is to offer my sincerest apology and to state my absolute commitment to living up to the expectations Virginians set for me when they elected me to be their Governor.”

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/newsroom/all-releases/2019/january/headline-838358-en.html

Maybe this was masterclass move by Northam.  He was afraid that his resignation after yesterday may split the party and he wanted to unite everyone behind the idea that he should resign.  Plus, everyone will be super glad to hand the reins to Fairfax in light of this presser.  Brilliant!

7 hours ago, China said:

A photo like Northrop's requires a friend to pose with you and a friend to take the picture.  Trump has no friends.

This adds in one more dimension. Think of all the people who had to screw up for this to happen. Think how many people could have said, "Dude! This is a really bad idea."

Northrom

The friend in the photo

the photographer

the editor of the year book

etc.

So many people "signed off" on this. Northrom is the chief idiot who was/is either racially insensitive or racist, but the list is long here.

I thought he should resign before the press conference, even though I don't think a racist joke made 30 years ago necessarily means that he is a racist.  There just isn't any room for forgiveness on racism while Trump is in the White House.  The press conference made everything worse.  Conjuring up a ridiculous story about how that blackface isn't you, but another time it was, and just the entire tone of it just felt like one of the Ben Stiller cringe comedies that makes the audience uncomfortable. 

Archived