Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which other NFL team is most worthy of Redskins' fans time and money?

FedEx Nosebleed

I'd say the eagles are the perfect team for Redskin fans abandoning ship. Redskin fans love a team that plays hard, and has a loyal, and devoted fan base. They also love well-run organizations from top to bottom so I'd say it's a natural attraction for any Redskin fan that loves football.

4 hours ago, trap said:

Alright ill bite on this one and say I would have no problem rooting for Sean and his Rams.. another bone head move the Skins made by letting him walk

I like how he implemented some of the elements from Chip Kelly's offensive philosophy.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Maybe a team that, until yesterday, hadn’t won a playoff game since 1994 and still haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1969?

Although I’m not sure why the Chiefs fan base would want anything to do with whiny, entitled Redskins fan.

#joshnormanwasright

All due respect, I don't give a **** about what overpaid Josh Norman thinks. Guy has been here for 3 seasons and wants to criticize people who've been slowly beaten by this organization for approaching 30 years. Spare me. Skins fans so whiny asking for a properly run organization that doesn't have humiliation and embarrassment oozing out of the walls on the regular. It is not just about losing. Nobody is leaving because we haven't gone on another 3 titles in 9 years run.

If you're trying to argue the Chiefs playoff losses = we're entitled because we won a championship 27 years ago that ignores the fact that the Chiefs have been an exponentially superior organization for the past 27 years.

If the Redskins were even just like the Bills, the narrative would be completely different.

While I am miserably unhappy with the Skins and have been for years,  I have NO desire to root for any other team, at all, UNLESS they are playing an NFCE hated rival in the playoffs, like the girls (thanks Rams that was awesome but now I hate you) or the Fecals (Get it freaking done Saints so I can go back to despising you too) , and with the Midgets in a ditch, I am happy to just flip off Mara, chuckle and keep it moving.

I live in Florida and could give two ****s about the Dolphins.  They suck ass and I hope they continue to suck ass.  But I have noticed some Skins fans are interested in how they are doing when I go to some of the group Skins games.  

15 hours ago, trap said:

Alright ill bite on this one and say I would have no problem rooting for Sean and his Rams.. another bone head move the Skins made by letting him walk

In all due fairness and loathe as I am to not bash Snyder; there's nothing the organization could have done to stop McVay from leaving.  

What coordinator wouldn't leap at a chance to be a head coach? And its not like The Skins could have two HCs on the roster, so theres no other position they could have offered Sean to make him want to stay.

11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Although I’m not sure why the Chiefs fan base would want anything to do with whiny, entitled Redskins fan.

I was pulling for the Chiefs, until they started doing the tomahawk chop. Nothing political, its just ****ing annoying. 

I’m sick and tired of watching other fan bases experience joy and success while watching ours implode season after season. I used to have a fantastic “glass half full” approach to this and pick a team with a player I like to pull for in the playoffs. With manning and Favre both retired I’m completely baffled and only cared to watch Dallas and Philly lose. Now that they are out I couldn’t care less who wins it all.

I will always be a redskins fan. But until we get a reason to be hopeful again, football will just be something I watch when I have nothing else to do on Sundays. 

Could never pick another team and take myself or my new found fandom seriously. Httr forever.

3 hours ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

only cared to watch Dallas and Philly lose. Now that they are out I couldn’t care less.

httr forever.

This is exactly where I sit..good call man.. pray to the gods the chiefs win.. so help me God if the Patriots are in the Super Bowl again I will boycott the Superbowl AGAIN..

3 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Fired Gruden and made him HC. Hes changed the game.

You don't "make" someone the head coach, they have to accept the offer.

Anyone here think McVay would have accepted the offer after seeing Gruden canned unceremoniously and before his contract ended and after elevating the Skins' offense? Especially if he had a good reason to suspect other teams would be interested in his services if he said "no"? (his agent would have already told him of interest by other teams)

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You don't "make" someone the head coach, they have to accept the offer.

Anyone here think McVay would have accepted the offer after seeing Gruden canned unceremoniously and before his contract ended and after elevating the Skins' offense? Especially if he had a good reason to suspect other teams would be interested in his services if he said "no"? (his agent would have already told him of interest by other teams)

They have the same agent so that would have been super awkward. But there is a pretty good chance that they could have promoted him to head coach as well as signed Cousins long term at the same time.

Would have required some nifty pr work though.

10 minutes ago, daveakl said:

They have the same agent so that would have been super awkward. But there is a pretty good chance that they could have promoted him to head coach as well as signed Cousins long term at the same time.

Would have required some nifty pr work though.

McVay was also here during the Shanahan fiasco and saw a borderline HOF coach grow dumped before his contract was up..would have seen the newly-hired GM get canned before his contract was up...and would have seen the guy who believed in him and promoted him to OC get canned before HIS contract was up lol...

Yeah, I'm just not seeing it happening.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

McVay was also here during the Shanahan fiasco and saw a borderline HOF coach grow dumped before his contract was up..would have seen the newly-hired GM get canned before his contract was up...and would have seen the guy who believed in him and promoted him to OC get canned before HIS contract was up lol...

Yeah, I'm just not seeing it happening.

It's all about how you frame it.

Here you could have had a playoff caliber QB, up and coming young team, and be the next Joe Gibbs. Own Washington DC and you own the world.

There you have a QB who is a huge bust based off his rookie year. A team with no fanbase in LA, no home stadium, and no direction. In LA you're always behind the Lakers and the beach. Just ask the Clippers. 

The Redskins should have promoted McVay issue is a classic case of hindsight being a wonderful thing.

Good as McVay was we had hired Gruden as an offensive minded coach to transform that side of the team and whilst Sean had input it was Jay's system that we were running.  In 2015/2016 the Sklns had back to back winning seasons and piled up the stats on the offensive side of the ball, most observers would agree it would have been back to back playoff trips too but for a no show from our QB in a win and your in game.  What was also blatantly obvious to anyone at this point was that it was on the defensive side of the ball that most of the teams issues lay, lousy DC and a lack of talent generally.

No way in that situation would any team or owner can the HC that had just delivered 2 record breaking seasons on his side of the ball whilst compiling a winning record and promote their OC to fix their defensive woes.  Snyder is a horrible owner, Bruce is a horrible executive etc. etc. but not one of the other 31 teams would have canned Jay for Sean in that situation.  In fact the team let their best two receiving weapons walk in free agency, did nothing to replace them and even given that **** sandwich to deal with Jay's offense still managed to beat the anointed one and his star studded Rams team when they met in 2017.

I wish it could have worked out differently and I think Sean will have a ton of success but I am yet to be convinced he is actually a better HC than Jay even after two years of Rams magic.  I don't believe any one of you could credibly disagree with the fact that Sean has a far better situation than Jay, from the talent on his roster to the front office culture in LA.  Jeff Fisher held that team back with his cro-magnon offensive approach, that roster, particularly with a SB winning DC and all of its big name Free agent signings should be winning big most weeks.  I certainly believe that if Jay was the Rams HC he would have had them in the playoffs the last 2 years just like Sean.

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

If you park in the owner's space at Redskins Park, you ARE the problem. 

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/12/redskins-snyder-cocoon-hero/

The article ****ed up at this part:

"And in his path, others have stood, and been promptly removed. Norv Turner, Joe Gibbs, Vinny Cerrato, Mike Shanahan, Scot McCloughan, and most recently, Brian Lafemina. Snyder shuffles through potential saviors on a yearly basis, to try and stand on their shoulders in order to pave a path to prominence. And when they either reveal themselves as similarly incompetent, or go against his infinite knowledge, he disposes of them, and paints them as the real problem. "

Turner - most definitely did not stand out. And Snyder did not try to stand on Nor's shoulders.

Gibbs - in no way was he removed, he resigned due to family issues if I remember correctly. To try and paint it as if Snyder "promptly removed" Gibbs because he must have gone against Snyder's "knowledge" is embarrassing and disingenuous.

Vinny - most definitely did not stand out, Snyder never tried standing on the amazingly frail and boney shoulders of Vinny, and most definitely was not removed due to Snyder not wanting Cerrato to be given the credit for "saving" the Redskins lol...and Vinny revealed himself as incompetent loooooong before he was let go. in fact, that was one of the running criticisms of Snyder at the time, that he kept the incompetent Vinny on because he was a "Yes Man". And I'm not exactly sure how firing someone who "reveals themselves as similarly incompetent" should be seen as a bad thing lol...

McCloughan - from all recent reports he definitely needed to be let go due to his own actions, not to Snyder's "superiority complex".

Surprisingly, the writer doesn't mention Schotty on his list. I mean, while I wouldn't agree with his stance, it's a FAR better example of what he's trying to prove than Turner, Vinny, McCloughan or Gibbs.

Archived