Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which other NFL team is most worthy of Redskins' fans time and money?

FedEx Nosebleed

None... there are teams way closer to me geographically, but if I still feel the same way about the Redskins in August I do now, I'll just start spending my sundays doing something else. I'm already 50/50 on cancelling Sunday Ticket and going back to watching the games in a sports bar. That way if  they go 1-3 in Sept I can just bag it and not still be tied to the Ticket.

Rooting for another team?  I jumped on the Vikings bandwagon hoping to ride that to second team glory, not this year anyway.  I don't know if I care enough to form an attachment to a 3rd NFL team.  correct that I am sure I don't have enough interest to in the NFL for that so I may just throw in the towel and join on wife on the Hallmark Channel but things will improve soon because is running the business end of the franchise so prepare for a lot of winning off the field glory!

Two other parts of that article that stood out (actually a number of parts stood out, but for wildly varying reasons):

Allen addressing the NFL management council about the cap penalty:

"He then pointed at each member of the management council, saying Washington and Dallas should have never been penalized because the council had approved the very contracts that would cause the teams to be punished. He saved some of his harshest remarks for John Mara, co-owner of the Giants and one of the most respected men in all of sports, a key cog who has been with the team for decades. Mara was furious."

Sorry, but that brought a smile to my face lol...I was happy to read that. I just wish the actual remarks were put in the article, cuz I would love to know what he said to Beevis.

2kfmky.gif&key=aa85806bc53d0365d536ddd36

Seriously...that cap penalty may have had the biggest role in where we are today...and it was in no way justified and the NFL had zero right to impose ANY penalty, which is why they approved the contracts. They had to coerce and almost blackmail the NFLPA to agree with the penalty in order to be able to inforce it which the NFLPA rather quickly regretted as more info came to light.

"Perhaps Snyder does care, in a flawed sense. No one who has not met him, and spent time with him, can make a damning judgement of his character. Care must be taken that Snyder, in all his failings and all his indifference, is not dehumanized."

The best way to make sure someone is not dehumanized is to make sure you acknowledge that person's humanity as you address all the bad. For example, while it's very weak, at least saying "perhaps Snyder does care" is a start. Of course, if you had taken the care neccesary to not dehumanize him throughout the rest of the article, that statement wouldn't have been necessary.

18 minutes ago, kwitt said:

You are overworked indeed.  Don't even know what day it is haha

shhh---one of my many stratagems

added: per "dehumanizing"--always thought the term was useless, starting with the fact that it is built on an invalid premise :)

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, London Kev said:

Why stick with one team? You would be a free man/woman, so play the field a bit.

Just support the team that is playing the cowboys on any particular week. You probably do that already so not much of a change. It would be the football equivalent of polygamy.

I, for one, am slutting myself out to whichever team entertains me.

29 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

None... there are teams way closer to me geographically, but if I still feel the same way about the Redskins in August I do now, I'll just start spending my sundays doing something else. I'm already 50/50 on cancelling Sunday Ticket and going back to watching the games in a sports bar. That way if  they go 1-3 in Sept I can just bag it and not still be tied to the Ticket.

This is where I am at but a bit further down the path. I got rid of NFL Ticket 3 yrs ago - ended up saving me about $2000/yr as I got rid of satellite altogether and did not get cable to replace. I do not need network TV. 

If I plan to watch a game that is not on free TV (I do have a digital antenna) - not the automatic it used to be - I either go to a local bar (I live in Atl and there is a Redskins dedicated bar - although I would not blame them if they stopped that) or I listen to Sirius. But more times than ever before I end up playing golf and just keep track of the score. As this season unfolded I barely watched the games. 

I could never be as invested in another team as I am the Redskins. Quite honestly it's infuriating! I really wish I could. Life would be so much more pleasant. 

56 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

added: per "dehumanizing"--always thought the term was useless, starting with the fact that it is built on an invalid premise :)

Is there a psychological use of the term that is a bit different than the general use of it?...(I know you have experience in this arena)

Not going into politics here lol...but for some segments of society, it's hard to not take the concept of dehumanization seriously. But that's in the dictionary-based use and application of it.

20 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Is there a psychological use of the term that is a bit different than the general use of it?...(I know you have experience in this arena)

Not going into politics here lol...but for some segments of society, it's hard to not take the concept of dehumanization seriously. But that's in the dictionary-based use and application of it.

initially i thought i might get away with the comment without prompting any OT extension  (the term had been on my mind from tailgate exchanges) by not quoting you---but even as i typed it i knew you'd want to reply and i still left it there so i'll clean it up by saying if anyone is that curious about it, just ponder why i used the words i did and draw on your intellect, or take my advice and find anything else to do :ols:. and with that we'll end it. :)

i apologize for the distraction and everything about me. :D

On 1/11/2019 at 8:36 PM, Sticksboi05 said:

Fickle is jumping off the train in 2000 less than a decade after 3 titles. Leaving after 20 years of trash and outright professional embarrassment is not. It's not the losing, it's how they got about everything in this organization...coupled with sucking.

Amen.  If anyone feels like we haven't been dealing with this junk for longer than we should, listen to this epic Chad Dukes rant.  From 2010.  Eight years ago: 

I was a fan for years after that point; we'd get RGIII two years later after all.  But the core rot was already there and ran really deep. 

Still haven't settled on a new team, but man was watching both the Cowboys and Eagles lose satisfying.   Maybe for now I'll be in the camp of cheering for anyone who happens to be playing those two or the Giants. 

I honestly tried to move the Ravens.   Last game of the year that's what I watched not the Redskins. But when the playoffs started and Ravens fans were getting all chesty about their QB who has not mastered the art of the forward pass I just couldn't do it.   So now I am a man without a team, I'll just watch the Red Zone Channel.  

No doubt I can watch a football game with 2 teams that aren't the Skins and have a bit of partially toward 1 or the other....(case in point, Chiefs vs.Pats, I'd like to see the Chiefs, and the Saints vs. Rams, I'd like to see the Rams) but never would I buy or root on a normal basis for these teams...weather the Chiefs and Rams win or lose tomorrow has no barring or emotional tie for me. 

Seriously, weather the Skins go 16-0 or 0-16 I'll be a fan forever and continue to root and support them, my level of emotional distress though over the last several seasons has declined but that is cause I've not put to much of a end all be all on the Skins weather they win or lose.

Interesting fact: The Redskins have not won more than 10 games since 1991. And they have only won 10 games 3 times since 1991. The Redskins are the most average team, run by the most incompetent fools. From Vinny Cerrato to Bruce Allen the results are guaranteed to be the same. Somewhere between 5-9 wins and sneak into the playoffs just enough to keep it interesting. The Washington Redskins suck. Admit it.
2012 10-6-0
2005 10-6-0
1999 10-6-0
Sad, isn't it? 
By comparison, the Eagles have won 10 games or more 15 times since 1991
The Cowboys? 12 times
The Giants? 9 times
Cardinals? 4 times
49ers? 12 times
Seahawks? 9 times
Saints? 9 times
Bears? 6 times
Bucs? 6 times
Packers? 16 times
Lions? 4 times
Rams? 6 times
Vikings? 11 times
Falcons? 8 times
Since 95, the Panthers have achieved 10 wins or more 7 times
Patriots? 20 times
Chiefs? 12 times
Chargers? 7 times
Steelers? 17 times
Since 96, the Ravens, 10 times
Colts? 15 times
Broncos? 11 times
Jets? 6 times
Raiders? 5 times
Jaguars? 6 times
Dolphins, 8 times
Bills 6 times
Titans 8 times
Bengals 6 times
The Texans have done it 3 times and have only been around since 2002 have TIED the Redskins for 10 wins or more.
That leaves us with 1 team. What great company we are in: The Browns 2 times.

I hate this team.

Btw, I chose 10 wins because I believe that is a good indicator that your team is making the playoffs.  8-9 wins can get it done and has for teams in down years for their division, but it doesn't happen very often.  Sneaking into the playoffs on a down year shouldn't be the goal, so 10 wins seems like you have a good chance of making the playoffs as a division leader or wild card.

Archived