Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Not really mad at Harper. He has been very inconsistent his time in D.C. Take the bag while you can. I won't boo him because it's wasted energy.

The Nats offering him, allegedly, 100 million in deferred money is embarrassing. But I also am completely fine with not matching a long contract with no opt-outs, even if it is front-loaded and will be tradeable when he turns 30.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It's especially great because Bryce isn't going to have a spring training. It's a safe bet that he'll start out slow. 

I sure hope so cause he usually starts out red hot and 5 of the first 12 games are against the Phillies

11 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

better buy those tickets now before the prices jack up

You so right.

Done.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They've got him for the next 50 years.  They have no choice but to be patient with him.

Who, the front office or the fans?  @Bacon is right, they'll start booing him in April, watch.

8 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I sure hope so cause he usually starts out red hot and 5 of the first 12 games are against the Phillies

Not how you start it's how you finish.

Still bummed. But as a friend of mine and I were chatting. I'm not going to be this huge rabid "Bryce is a traitor" person. He's not and Boras got him what appears to be the best overall deal with the most money upfront. So be it. Granted, I hope for the sake of the Nationals playing well. That he doesn't help Philly get over the top. But that's more about wanting the Nat to beat them...and the Braves ....and the Mets...and Miami....and everyone else.

So, good luck Bryce. Just not that much good luck. Stay healthy.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 1

I'm bummed and may have to rename my dog, but I get it and wish Bryce the best good tidings.  I accepted him not resigning here since last year and saw no indication that anything had changed.  I'll be content with our new players and hope their collective value exceeds Bryce's bat, and hope that Robles turns into a star.  

45 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

If true, this was a derisory offer.

Or the offer of a team that fine moving on from him. They had to offer him something, but if you perhaps dont want him back as much as people think, thats the kind of offer you give. Looks credible from the outside, but no real chance of him accepting

• Like 2