Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I am genuinely shocked by the no opt outs.

That sum**** is going to go into the HOF as a philly. Thats the only thing that really bothers me

Add to that all the chest-thumping Philly ****wads who  have been completely non existant for 7 years.

I want to curbstomp them so badly now;.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Add to that all the chest-thumping Philly ****wads who  have been completely non existant for 7 years.

I want to curbstomp them so badly now;.

I dont really fear philly. They will be competitive and could win the division, but i dont feel like they're some juggernaut that cant be dealt with. Bryce makes them better, not sure he makes them better than us

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Unless Nola is going to start 162 games, I still think the Braves are the bigger threat.  Damn, now I'll root for some ridiculous scenario like Trout to DC just to spit on Philly.  

Until the front office shows they're going cheap, i'm not concerned

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

I dont really fear philly. They will be competitive and could win the division, but i feel like they're some juggernaut that cant be dealt with. Bryce makes them better, not sure he makes them better than us

Not really this year I'm worried about. Nats still have a window. Our pitching core is going to start getting old quick here in the next year years... course we have time to find new pitchers, but it's not an easy thing to do. 

• Like 1

Just now, StillUnknown said:

I dont really fear philly. They will be competitive and could win the division, but i feel like they're some juggernaut that cant be dealt with. Bryce makes them better, not sure he makes them better than us

I've said all along we're still better. Their rotation outside of Nola isn't good--it's 4's and 5's at best. Their 2-5 is very good, outside that, it isn't: Franco, Herrera, Hernandez/Kingery aren't very good, at all. They have no depth either. Turner-Eaton-Rendon-Soto-Zimm/Adams-Dozier-Gomes/Kurt-MAT is better, with Robles and Kieboom waiting.

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Not really this year I'm worried about. Nats still have a window. Our pitching core is going to start getting old quick here in the next year years... course we have time to find new pitchers, but it's not an easy thing to do. 

That's the main thing on why I thought the front office needed to spend on Harper even after the FA additions.  Once Max and Stras are done (or opts out), we may be in steep decline because ace pitchers are simply not easy to find.  Having Max fall into our lap is a golden opportunity and FO should have overloaded during that opportunity to maximize our chance of a ring.  Now our best shot is Max holds on for 3-4 years at his level (not easy at all), Stras stays healthy, Corbin shows last year was his true level, Rendon resigns, Soto and Turner takes a step forward and Robles and Kiebloom pans out.  That's a lot of ifs.  Having a presence like Harper gives you some room for error if one of the above doesn't pan out.  At this point, our best hope may be one of Soto/Robles/Turner/Kiebloom turns out to be league elite level during Max's window.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Trout gonna get 400+ mil in a couple of years. Crazy.

Far and away the best player in baseball.

Mookie Betts could get more than 330 if he has another crazy year.

We need another lefty in the pen, i swear i'm going to break things if i see Solis pitching to Bryce 

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

Mookie Betts could get more than 330 if he has another crazy year.

We need another lefty in the pen, i swear i'm going to break things if i see Solis pitching to Bryce 

And that's the short sighted part to me in the quest for beating Stanton's contract total.  Trout and Betts is going to blow it out of the water pretty soon.  In fact, I would almost want Trout to announce his extension this off season so that the reign of 330/13 was short lived. #ButWhatAboutTrout2DC?

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Makes me even more appreciative of John Wall.

Someone who GENUINELY embraced the DMV.

PS: We're going to be better than Philly

I want a Harper Jersey jus so I can burn it.  That betrayal was hard to the core, how dare you.

We could've given him that, this is so f'd up.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He ends up at 1st base in a few years, too.  

Nobody would listen to me, this is destiny.

36 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I knew this was coming and i'm still pissed off

Me too.  It's the cherry on top of a god awful sports winter.

Disappointed in Harper.  Would have strongly preferred he signed with anyone outside of the division.  He chose poorly and I'm sure as **** not going to wish him well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I want a Harper Jersey jus so I can burn it.  That betrayal was hard to the core, how dare you.

We could've given him that, this is so f'd up.

Nobody would listen to me, this is destiny.

I think it's a lock that he's at 1B after 4 years.  

He's ****ty in the outfield (at least he was last year) and they're gonna have to protect him from wear and tear.  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think it's a lock that he's at 1B after 4 years.  

He's ****ty in the outfield (at least he was last year) and they're gonna have to protect him from wear and tear.  

NL will have a DH in the next few years. He'll be able to stay healthy enough to keep slugging HRs into his 40s.