Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

So, I went ahead and got Fios to replace YouTubeTV so I could get MASN. They got a "locals only plus any 5 channels" so picked that. Neat offer.

Find out they got an app to watch the channels you are paying for jus like YoutubeTV.

MASN is blocked from streaming on the app because of some "Deal" or lack there of with Fios while I can watch Capitals and Wizards live right now.

Stuff like this makes me want to physically harm another person...

images.jpeg

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So, I went ahead and got Fios to replace YouTubeTV so I could get MASN. They got a "locals only plus any 5 channels" so picked that. Neat offer.

Find out they got an app to watch the channels you are paying for jus like YoutubeTV.

MASN is blocked from streaming on the app because of some "Deal" or lack there of with Fios while I can watch Capitals and Wizards live right now.

Stuff like this makes me want to physically harm another person...

images.jpeg

If you have fios with MASN in your plan, you can stream live feed via the MASN app, available for both IOS/Android.  Pretty sure there's a live feed on the MASN website too, but I use the app only, so not 100%

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bacon said:

Good to see them battle through adversity and avoid the sweep. 

These guys just might learn what it takes to win day in and day out.  They needed a little shot of confidence, so that's something to build on in what will be a long process.  

Yeah this scares the hell out of me. New owners will inherit all the bad habits and unfortunate circumstances from the Lerners, with no guarantee they’ll be as willing to spend as much on payroll as the Lerners have.

A quick snapshot of the circumstances: 

-several large, very bad contracts (Corbin, Strasburg, deferrals from Strasburg contract pt1 and Scherzer)

-MASN money issue unresolved 

-megastar due for a megadeal. Will they execute a huge extension while trying to sell the team? Will they delay the decision and miss their trade window? 

-farm system ranked last in MLB and has been ravaged by years of being competitive 

-one of their consistent best ways to sign top prospects is about to be destroyed (international draft coming) 

As successful as we’ve been for a decade, new owners are going to inherit a bit of a mess. And we can all just sit here and hope they invest top dollar to fix it. 

3 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

*sigh* ya i cant see how this is good news for Soto's contract...

He's about to get Trent Green'd 

I agree, I have my gripes about the Lerners, but they did get us a ring, there's no telling how thr next owner will carry themselves (looking at Leonsis and Snyder *shudders)

To be honest, based solely n the WaPo article, I think the most likely outcome is that not much changes.  They are having an outside consultant assess their options.  It's been very clear for a long time that the Lerners want to make a ton of money on their investment (as one would expect), so having a consultant look under the hood every once in a while makes sense.  They might change the structure a bit or bring in a minority investor or two, and that could be for many different reasons entirely unrelated to baseball (like tax avoidance, to gain liquidity for other ventures, etc), but it seems like a change in the fundamental ownership of the team is not a forgone conclusion here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He's about to get Trent Green'd 

I agree, I have my gripes about the Lerners, but they did get us a ring, there's no telling how thr next owner will carry themselves (looking at Leonsis and Snyder *shudders)

The Trent Green thing sucked, but this isn't that.

I'm not a Bezos fan. But you know if he were to drop a billion, he'd drop a lot more to be competitive every year too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

the owner was dead. The team wasn't left to his son. It was put into a bidding process. 

It's a very similar end result, who's gonna pay Soto? 

Because it seems like the Lerners clearly don't want to because they want out of owning the team.

Not identical, but not that different and not like we haven't seen franchises in this and other sports go through a similar problem when it comes to giving out massive contracts (or not) during ownership change.  

My concern now is how long the selling process may take with respect to time we have left to negotiate with Soto.  At minimum, this makes higher chance of Trent Green ending because it's not the Lerners problem if he stays a National or not.

Edited by Renegade7

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's a very similar end result, who's gonna pay Soto? 

Because it seems like the Lerners clearly don't want to because they want out of owning the team.

Not identical, but not that different and not like we haven't seen franchises in this and other sports go through a similar problem when it comes to giving out massive contracts (or not) during ownership change.  

My concern now is how long the selling process may take with respect to time we have left to negotiate with Soto.  At minimum, this makes higher chance of Trent Green ending because it's not the Lerners problem if he stays a National or not.

I'm wondering if they are looking for minority ownership to bring cash to the org. 

At least they have Soto under contract for a few years. So, hopefully whatever happens. It's settled before then.

• Like 1