Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Layout and stats are great. Only downside is this game has felt like a really long Apple commercial so far. Kinda tacky how much the announcers are plugging apple products

Haha right? The iPad promo was a bit much. And it’s time to pitch around McNeil.

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

1:3 ratio male to female announcers. And lots of inane chatter.

Took some getting use to, but I'm enjoying the light-heartedness. Good change of pace from all the old male announcers taking sports too seriously

Edit: nevermind. Now they've completely abandoned the game and promoting restaurants. Yikes

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1

Agree with taking Gray out now, I counted at least 8 balls into the ground tonight, couple high ones pitcher saved.  It's not that he lost control, gave was close enough to see if bullpen could keep it close and limit those weird ass throws.

Yea, defense is good, but pitching can negate that.  Not sure how to feel about Soto trying to get that hit that came in his area, felt a little out of his reach but he seemed not very fast, not as fast as Harper was out there.

This **** crazy, you, can't hit 4 hitters in two nights, not surprised Mets got off the bench.

Edited by Renegade7

Really interesting, was sitting next to a younger fan who knew his **** and same first name as me. 

Basically said this was an attempt at a full rebuild with a few contracts we can't get rid of, like Corbin and Stras, same as many of yall, I agree and accepting it.

Both nervous about Soto resigning and hoping we learned our lessons from dealing with Harper.  Agreed we gonna get swept in this series and be prepared for growing pains.  

It was good to see them play in person again, but this is not a good baseball team, is what it is.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Really interesting, was sitting next to a younger fan who knew his **** and same first name as me. 

Basically said this was an attempt at a full rebuild with a few contracts we can't get rid of, like Corbin and Stras, same as many of yall, I agree and accepting it.

Both nervous about Soto resigning and hoping we learned our lessons from dealing with Harper.  Agreed we gonna get swept in this series and be prepared for growing pains.  

It was good to see them play in person again, but this is not a good baseball team, is what it is.

They are certainly bad, but the good news is the 2 big pieces that started the rebuild have been good to great so far. Gray looked incredible for the first few innings before missing pitches. If he can stretch that for a few more innings, he has a lot of potential. And Ruiz has been our best player the first 2 games. He's an instant win in that trade. 

Also, the Mets lineup is stacked. Our bullpen is comically bad, but they're going to score a lot of runs this year against everyone

I'm still laughing that we had a guy ejected tonight for trying to apologize to the Mets dugout. Has to be the first time ever