Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

There can be no Clip without Save.

They should find Drew Storen, give him a frontal lobotomy, and sign him to a minor league deal. 

Jesse Doughtery tweeted that Clippard and Storen are starting a corn whiskey business together.  

Which their fans need in order to watch them pitch.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Man, I didn't realize how much he's bounced around the Majors:

Yankees

Nationals

A's

Mets

Diamondbacks

Yankees

White Sox

Astros

Blue Jays

Indians

Twins

Diamondbacks

Nationals

Also, last March Arizona put him on the 60 day DL to start the season.  That was the first time in his entire career spent on an injured list.

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

:mellow:

Looking like this is gonna be one looooong ass season.

I agree, and I'm way past "Susan Collins level concerned" right now.

Got ticket to Max first start in DC, so at least I'll have an early in person view of what we dealing with.

Having said that, long season (which we've already heard before), so hopefully we find out early if we digging a hole we can't get out of (with respect to how rest of division does as well).

I don't want to be asked to take the Mets seriously until there's a -ber in the name of the month.

Yeah being concerned means there is some level of expectation...there isn't. We're going to blow. But it will be fun to watch Ruiz, Gray, Cavalli (today notwithstanding), House, Vaquero, etc. grow. There is something fun about pressure-free baseball.

43 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah being concerned means there is some level of expectation...there isn't. We're going to blow. But it will be fun to watch Ruiz, Gray, Cavalli (today notwithstanding), House, Vaquero, etc. grow. There is something fun about pressure-free baseball.

If it becomes consistent uncompetitive baseball like the wizards, that's a different story.  Especially in context of trying to convince Soto to stay.

Are you calling this pressure-free baseball because it's a planned rebuilding year?  I have a limit to not even trying to be competitive and that being okay.

Hard to believe just 3 years ago we won a championship and haven't made the playoffs since...

Edited by Renegade7

Jacob deGrom will miss his spring training start today in for the Mets and will undergo an MRI for shoulder tightness.  If he can't go on Opening Day, either because of a resulting shift in the rotation or injury, MAX SHERZER would likely take the mound.

On Opening Day. 

For the Mets. 

Against the Nationals. 

At Nationals Park

How wild would THAT be!!?!

30 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Jacob deGrom will miss his spring training start today in for the Mets and will undergo an MRI for shoulder tightness.  If he can't go on Opening Day, either because of a resulting shift in the rotation or injury, MAX SHERZER would likely take the mound.

On Opening Day. 

For the Mets. 

Against the Nationals. 

At Nationals Park

How wild would THAT be!!?!

Goddammit, I already bought the ticket for the second game, not opening day :angry:

And yes, that would be wild, and I'd take PTO from work to be there

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Jacob deGrom will miss his spring training start today in for the Mets and will undergo an MRI for shoulder tightness.

This is the biggest question about the Mets--everyone they brought in has serious durability questions.