Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not that I'm in support of this (yet), but what is the case against trading Soto, Stras, and Corbin for picks and prospects and commiting to full rebuild mode?

Stras and Corbin have negative trade value right now. We’re just stuck with their contracts for the next 4-5 years.

Soto you can absolutely make a case for. You should try really hard and be really aggressive trying to sign him to a life contract, but if he doesn’t sign then absolutely trade him before next season. 

• Like 1

I need help, yall, I have YouTubeTV to and don't want to go back to cable, but I can't figure out how to get Nats game otherwise. 

Hulu doesn't offer MASN either, and I'm rusty when it comes to online free streams. 

Are there any good ones left?  I'm listening to this game in the radio, and jus spent an hour trying to figure out how to watch it : (

11 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Stras and Corbin have negative trade value right now. We’re just stuck with their contracts for the next 4-5 years.

Soto you can absolutely make a case for. You should try really hard and be really aggressive trying to sign him to a life contract, but if he doesn’t sign then absolutely trade him before next season. 

Why before next season? We still have a few more seasons before free agency

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I need help, yall, I have YouTubeTV to and don't want to go back to cable, but I can't figure out how to get Nats game otherwise. 

Hulu doesn't offer MASN either, and I'm rusty when it comes to online free streams. 

Are there any good ones left?  I'm listening to this game in the radio, and jus spent an hour trying to figure out how to watch it : (

Sorry to not answer your question, but it amazes me every single year how much easier it is to watch out of market vs. local fans. Im able to watch this on the MLB app AND the espn app, but most Nats fans can only watch it if they have one cable provider? That is so ridiculous

I'd just google "Reddit baseball streams". That used to work for me

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@mammajamma it's ridiculous, ESPN+ and MLB app both flag and block tor traffic as well.

I'll try again on reddit streams, maybe I lost patience too early tonight

Ya it's been a few years since I've done the reddit thing, so it might not be what it was. Just make sure you're using an adblocker like ublock origin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

Why before next season? We still have a few more seasons before free agency

Nats aren’t winning anything in the next three years, so why keep him? Your trade return is *substantially* greater if he comes with multiple years of team control. This year’s trade deadline = 2.5yr, this coming offseason = 2yr. Honestly this past offseason was the best time to do it but certainly don’t wait any later than next offseason. 

Edited by TheGoodBits

15 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Nats aren’t winning anything in the next three years, so why keep him? Your trade return is *substantially* greater if he comes with multiple years of team control. This year’s trade deadline = 2.5yr, this coming offseason = 2yr. Honestly this past offseason was the best time to do it but certainly don’t wait any later than next offseason. 

while i disagree with trading him (i think you need a strong player as a foundation to build around during your rebuild, and he has the potential to be one of the best hitters of all time), i definitely see your point of team control. although you could argue that hes such a good player that teams might be willing to ignore the team control part (more than most players) when bidding for him

8 hours ago, mammajamma said:

I'm not as dramatically down on this team as a whole as some of you, but our pitching is BAD. If we had at least an average rotation/BP, we wouldn't win any playoff games but I think this season would at least be exciting

This team is going to be like watching the Nats back in 2005 or 2006. A collection of JAGs that are offensively impotent. Gonna be a long season.

10 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Guarantee that guy has said "keep politics out of sports" at least once on twitter

He wouldn't be wrong...

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@mammajamma it's ridiculous, ESPN+ and MLB app both flag and block tor traffic as well.

I'll try again on reddit streams, maybe I lost patience too early tonight

Because MLB has no idea how to promote and build the game. You can only watch the RSP or national game locally. And our RSP blows sweaty goat balls.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I have youtube tv and MASN has never been on it sadly. The same is true for Hulu and Fubo TV. Basically anything streaming MASN wants nothing to do with it. The tragedy of the RSNs.

There are third party sites that stream games which is what I ended up doing. For years prior I just ended up listening on the radio. But now that certain sites stream the games I can now keep it open on a little window on my 2nd monitor.

That being said today's game isn't even on MASN. Apple Plus exclusive. Way to put a huge game behind a paywall for your own selfish corporate interests.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, mammajamma said:

while i disagree with trading him (i think you need a strong player as a foundation to build around during your rebuild, and he has the potential to be one of the best hitters of all time), i definitely see your point of team control. although you could argue that hes such a good player that teams might be willing to ignore the team control part (more than most players) when bidding for him

While Soto may be good enough to command top prospects with just a year remaining on his contract (or hell, even at the deadline during his walk year), more team control will always result in a higher trade return. In his case, possibly substantially more.