Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

7 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Wtf is happening? Robles has 4 hits (4-5) with 3 RBIs. And the Nats are up 13-4 over the Giants. 

We are in bizarro world and everyone is asleep

If the Nats got 22 hits in a game but it was on Apple+ so nobody could see it, did it actually happen? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/28/2022 at 9:46 AM, Dan T. said:

Eh, it was 40 degrees and windy last night.  Fans will still come once the weather finally warms up.

That's what I thought but it was worse the day before. I'll be there next home stand for the Mets so the met takeover will probably crowd the old barn 

11 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Guess he did a 180 from crying about it last week. Unwritten rules are for losers. 

dont remember Robles crying about it (thought it was just Davey), but I couldve missed it. anyway I agree, "unwritten rules" are dumb

Those fun, exciting FredNats. I am going to have to go down to check out a game soon. Interesting starts, all 22 or younger:

Rodney Theophile, 2 ER over 21 IP (0.86 ERA), 6/1 K/BB ratio, 12.8 K/9

Leandro Emiliani: .273/.360/.682 slashline

Brady House: .326/.408/.449, still only 18, against pitchers 2-4 years older.

Sammy Infante: 7 HRs already this year, but a .221/.312/.559 slash-line

Jeremy De La Rosa: .298/.385/.488, 27% K rate (down from 34% last year) with a 12.5% BB rate.

30 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Brady House: .326/.408/.449, still only 18, against pitchers 2-4 years older.

Jeremy De La Rosa: .298/.385/.488, 27% K rate (down from 34% last year) with a 12.5% BB rate.

For baseball card purposes was wondering how they were doing!  (For phillies fandom, I don't like the farm retooled LOLOL).  De La Rosa when I first got his card I immediately thought Soto Jr.  Far way to go for that though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superozman said:

For baseball card purposes was wondering how they were doing!  (For phillies fandom, I don't like the farm retooled LOLOL).  De La Rosa when I first got his card I immediately thought Soto Jr.  Far way to go for that though!

House is going to be a STUD. I am thinking someone like Josh Donaldson. JDLR has the athletic-toolsy-projection type, which is always 50-50. He needs to continue cutting down the Ks, but it looks promising. It's really unfair to label anyone Soto Jr., even Soto's eventual son.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

House is going to be a STUD. I am thinking someone like Josh Donaldson. JDLR has the athletic-toolsy-projection type, which is always 50-50. He needs to continue cutting down the Ks, but it looks promising. It's really unfair to label anyone Soto Jr., even Soto's eventual son.

Oh completely is!!!!  

• Like 1

So I had an idea today that would liven up MLB...I should really call this in to a sports talk show.  This isn't Nats specific but we don't seem to have a general MLB thread.  Only fans of NWA/WWF/WCW wresting (especially 80's and 90's) will appreciate this fully.

My idea is...the starting pitchers championship belt.  Either Robbie Ray or Corbin Burnes, last years winners would start with it.  I'd give it to whichever one of them has more personality and speaking skills.  Anyway, they cut some ridiculous promo before the season starts about being the champ, having the hardware to prove it, and it any other starting pitcher thinks they've got the stuff to come take it from them, they'll be defending it every five days.

As a sidenote because I thought about this way too much, I would insist that in this promo, they do a throwback and refer to their teammates as lumberjacks, because they swing the lumber and jack homeruns, and they're there to help protect the belt.

At that point, anytime they start a game, the belt is on the line.  For the belt to change hands, they have to be the losing pitcher of record and the other teams starter has to be the winner of record.  Any other result...they aren't the pitcher of record, they lose but the other teams winning pitcher is a reliever, etc...that's like losing by DQ or count out, the belt doesn't change hands.

I can imagine how much interest this would generate when the belt is on the line.  I'll bet it would sell extra tickets, especially if the current champion isn't someone people would go out of their way to buy tickets for.  We'd have to account for things like injuries or the current champ being sent to the minors (maybe the last champ can claim they cheated or something and get the belt back) but I would love to see this.

Let's assume for a minute that we awarded the belt to Robbie Ray.  He defended the belt once and then lost his second start to Dallas Keuchel of the White Sox.  Keuchel then lost his next start to Shane Bieber of the Indians, who turned around and lost it to Michael Lorenzen of the Angels.  Lorenzen has defended it once and is the current champion.

This feels more fantastic the more I type about it.

On 4/28/2022 at 9:46 AM, Dan T. said:

Eh, it was 40 degrees and windy last night.  Fans will still come once the weather finally warms up.

PXL_20220511_230732822.thumb.jpg.47a6fa3307d587146db7e71ef20ae5dd.jpg

On a giveaway day too. 

Maybe more people might be incentivized to boo the Astros this weekend. 

On 5/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, Riggo#44 said:

Those fun, exciting FredNats. I am going to have to go down to check out a game soon.

To this day I'm kicking myself for not going to see them at least once when they were in Woodbridge when I moved back to NOVA.  Old enough to remember when they were the Cannons.

images.png

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 8:19 PM, CRobi21 said:

Is Yadiel trade bait later this year? He's in his early 30s, on a team friendly contract I'd imagine. And can absolutely rake. Maybe Rizzo can fleece a good prospect from a contender that needs an upgrade at DH.

I wouldn't say anyone is off the table--even Soto. I am hoping Corbin is serviceable enough that someone gets desperate.

• Like 2

Expected a ton of losing. But to be honest. The constant mistakes are brutal. If they could pay sound baseball, which doesn't promise a win. They'd still win more. 

Davey talking about producing runs. Yeah, that would be great. But I don't know how they practice during a season. That needs to be the focus.