Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Catcher in an illegal position blocking the plate.  Thomas had no path to the plate.

Of course that's not reviewable...

I swear that is reviewable though. I still don't get why they couldn't challenge. I'm only half paying attention. Did they already challenge earlier?

Just now, skinswillwin06 said:

I swear that is reviewable though. I still don't get why they couldn't challenge. I'm only half paying attention. Did they already challenge earlier?

LOL. The replay system is just not working! Man, I'd be absolutely livid if this game mattered at all.

• Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

LOL. The replay system is just not working! Man, I'd be absolutely livid if this game mattered at all.

That's really embarrassing for the MLB, but the umps should've at least huddled up and talked it over since replay was down. Super fail by the ump

*Public Service AnNATSment*

Tyler Anderson is perfect through 5 innings.

I repeat, Tyler Anderson has a PERFECT GAME going through 5. Perfect.

Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

/PSA

Edited by CRobi21

19 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

*Public Service AnNATSment*

Tyler Anderson is perfect through 5 innings.

I repeat, Tyler Anderson has a PERFECT GAME going through 5. Perfect.

Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

/PSA

55 pitches through 5 1/3? WTF?

**** you no hitter!!!

Edited by EmirOfShmo

Lerners aren't going to pay for two fired coaches to replace them on June 1. But I'd let Hickey and Coles go today. Hickey because I don't want him to work another day with Gray. There is a space between guys getting fixed and showing improvement. Neither is happening. 

23 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Lerners aren't going to pay for two fired coaches to replace them on June 1. But I'd let Hickey and Coles go today. Hickey because I don't want him to work another day with Gray. There is a space between guys getting fixed and showing improvement. Neither is happening. 

People wanted K-Long fired in 2018...

Josiah Gray is far better than his numbers--13 of his 29 ER came in 9 IP against Houston and LA. His other 8 starts, he has a 3.42 ERA. I'll take that from someone who is only is 4th year of pitching--he starting pitching full-time in 2018.  He pitched about 40 IP prior to that. He needs to get walks and HRs down, but he has good K numbers and has a 1.365 WHIP, despite 4.4 BB/9. His H/9 is just outside the top 10.

Hickey also is working with AAAA JAGs, lost causes, or complete long shots. No one is making this rotation any good. He's a good coach with a good track record. This team just sucks.