Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Just for the curiosity of it, I'm hoping someone with the time, inclination and tech ability could compile all the missed calls, balls and strikes of this series, for each team and give a tally. I'm just guessing that the Stros got double the favorable calls. 

Not that it matters now. 

I think this account has posted something similar after each game

23 minutes ago, purbeast said:

While it's not the navy blue ones, the red ones have shown up.  Earlier today I only saw the white ones.

https://www.mlbshop.com/washington-nationals/mens-washington-nationals-juan-soto-majestic-red-2019-world-series-champions-alternate-big-and-tall-cool-base-player-jersey/t-36458958+p-9285469553711+z-9-2497013852?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

I saw someone on here say earlier that Zimmerman was retiring a National.  

Did he really say that or was that just speculation?  I'd love to get a Zim jersey but only if I know he's gonna be a Nat for life!

thanks for sending that. for some reason, they only have "big and tall" options for the red ones.. im guessing theyre slowly rolling out merch, so probably will just wait a couple days

3 hours ago, bcl05 said:

I have a problem with my DVR.  Currently, there are 85 hours of Nats 2019 games on there, including every pitch of the playoffs.  This does not leave enough room for the rest of my family, who apparently watch other TV.  They want me to delete something.  Obviously, that can't happen.  Does anyone know how to transfer data from a DVR?  Or maybe I'll just buy a new one for them.   Will be a drop in the financial bucket after I wrecked mlbshop.com this morning...

I have a DVD player that can also burn DVDs.  In the past, I have burned things off of the DVR onto to DVD to clear space off of the DVR.

Just make sure the DVDs are readable before you delete the files off of the DVR.

This looks a LOT like the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMR-ES25S-Recorder-Input-HDMI/dp/B000FJELQA/ref=sr_1_3?fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1572547544&refinements=p_89%3APanasonic&rnid=2528832011&s=electronics&sr=1-3

PS Can you send me Zimmerman's at bat in the 7th inning of game 5 (no reason at all)?

11 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

0*CgEx7G0G8aSgNpUN.gif

Edited by MarkB452
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

www.fanatics.com

They were showing on the news last night that Dick's Sporting Goods was unpacking and selling Championship gear as well.

early this morning they announced they only had hats left

at least out where i am

14 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

thanks for sending that. for some reason, they only have "big and tall" options for the red ones.. im guessing theyre slowly rolling out merch, so probably will just wait a couple days

LOL I had no clue they were B&T till you said that.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I suspect the Nationals lose the World Series if Dave Martinez doesn't go ballistic after that runner interference call against Turner.

But it was more than just that one bad call. It had been building up for several games, the laughably horrible calls our pitchers and hitters received at the plate.

It was like Davey stood up for every one of us and spoke for all of us. He made sure the umps knew that we knew what was going on.

Most of us were dying of frustration having to endure Joe Buck and Smoltz glazing over the fact that we were getting screwed. Pitches a full ball size out of the zone being called strikes against us and pitches our guys made inside the zone being called balls. Then those at bats leading to astros hits and runs ... like with Joe Ross.

It was ridiculous. Outcomes of games were being influenced in the favor of the astros in clear fashion and we noticed it. So Davey let them know we were tired of getting screwed and I think everyone felt a cathartic release because we needed someone to do it. 

• Like 4

Yo just FYI everyone ... there is a 30% Fanatics coupon that you can get pretty easily.  

There are specially marked Diet Dr. Pepper 20oz bottles that have the promo on em.  You just need to get 2 of them and text FOOTBALL to a number and then it has you send pics of both UPC codes.  It says you will get coupon within 48 hours but I got mine within like 2 minutes.

And the code does work for Nats WS gear.  I have tried it at the cart and it lets you add it no problem.

I might return the $100 worth of gear I got today to Modell's and buy that plus the rest of the stuff I want from Fanatics website.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LOL I had no clue they were B&T till you said that.

Yeah I was wondering why the sizes looked so weird. then i read the description..

odd they start with those sizes only, but looks like the hats with patches are missing some types/colors so far too

3 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

A bit off topic, but any Super Mega Baseball 2 players here?  I've been playing for the past couple of weeks and the gameplay is pretty darn good once you get the hang of it and find the right difficulty level

it was on my list of games to get when I buy the Switch, but the Switch money has been usurped by Nationals merchandise money

• Thanks 1

Hope Big Train, Joe Cronin, Bucky Harris, and all them are loving this too, where ever they are. 

Same with Cool Papa Bell and Buck Leonard and all the old Homestead Gray players - though they were denied access to the same opportunities, shamefully. 

Additionally: any word on Frank Howard's health. Last I heard he wasn't doing too hot but I hope he's able to come out to the parade or do something to enjoy this. He should have won a title in D.C., too. 

Edited by thebluefood
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

A bit off topic, but any Super Mega Baseball 2 players here?  I've been playing for the past couple of weeks and the gameplay is pretty darn good once you get the hang of it and find the right difficulty level

My nephew and I always used to play the first one. Pretty fun. Right blend of jus tg enough arcade and just enough sim.