Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

skinfan2k

27 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

The clown car organization strikes again.  What a bunch of idiots.  Suspend him for a game that doesn't matter next week because the organization has control with his contract.  He's playing very well and could be used as trade bait.  Now you have given up a pick and let him walk only to be resigned by another team, for NOTHING.  Sounds like the same idiots in control of the Cousins debacle. 
GREAT JOB!! GO REDSKINS!!!  LOL!  This team is a joke.

And they are going to keep Bruce Allen.

Wow. Just. Wow.

People defending the move need to read this. You HAVE to trade him. You don’t cut a pro bowler who has value. We are a bad team because we make bad moves.

You know it's bad when even Dale is calling you out.

I said in another thread about wanting to see none media members I aide the NFL defend Jay, I'd read it.  So far, I don't expect a single one to support this.

Everyone says they want the truth until they get it, then they catch feelings.  Here's some truth, Bruce comes people will officially stop looking at this as a once proud franchise.  Congress is already talking about getting in way of DC RFK site, now would be a good time for Snyder to say something of reassurance.

Stinks of using emotional part of brain versus logical. 

No way do you not suspend him for final game and create a trade in off season. I can only see it slightly if there was something in his contract that saves them money by making this move. 

How is what Swearinger did worse than what Mason Foster did?  Foster got away unscathed for his actions, and Swearinger, one of the decent players on a team full of ****ty players, gets the ax. Guess that Tampa Bay connection really runs deep. 

I know Swearinger wasn’t a world beater, but I seriously doubt this staff to replace his production. The thing that worries me the most is that this move seems to indicate that everyone from the coaching staff to the FO is coming back next year. 

I love how people have been posting on here for months that Jay is too soft, a players coach and won't make a tough decision and now he gets tough everyone is losing their freaking minds.

For the record, Swearinger has been warned before, is a locker room cancer at this point and is really not half as good as he thinks he is.  Jay has made a statement about what will happen to repeat offenders and I am happy he has done so.  Swearinger loves to run his mouth to the media but won't say it to his coaches and teammates faces, gtfo and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

When bakedtater1 is not on board, things are very very bad.

Maybe this is actually the last straw/unintended shortcut to the implosion many of us want. 

Be careful what you wish for, might jus get it.

I wanted Jay and Bruce gone, this move suggests almost the exact opposite.  After a year where home games finally started looking as empty as they should, are we heading into unchartered territory here?

2 minutes ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

How is what Swearinger did worse than what Mason Foster did?  Foster got away unscathed for his actions, and Swearinger, one of the decent players on a team full of ****ty players, gets the ax. Guess that Tampa Bay connection really runs deep. 

I know Swearinger wasn’t a world beater, but I seriously doubt this staff to replace his production. The thing that worries me the most is that this move seem ma to indicate that everyone from the coaching staff to the FO is coming back next year. 

Foster, first time offence.  This is the 3rd or 4th time just this season that Swearinger has thrown the coaches and his teammates under the bus after a loss.

2 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

I love how people have been posting on here for months that Jay is too soft, a players coach and won't make a tough decision and now he gets tough everyone is losing their freaking minds.

This wasn't Jay finally getting tough, he snapped and overreacted.  Says he know Mason Foster, does he not know DJ?  Blasting fans is fine, but blasting coaches is not?  

DJ deserved to get cut. I don't like it really, but he deserved it. He said himself that Gruden told him on TWO SEPARATE OCCASIONS to stop trash talking coaches publicly, and he basically told Jay to go screw himself and did it again. Sucks, but you can't let that happen as a coach if you want any sort of leadership cred. 

I also don't think this necessarily means anyone's coming back. They may have cut him because they're afraid they won't be able to in a week's time, lol. 

I also want to add how hypocritical it is to allow a guy to say "**** this team. **** this FANBASE" and immediately have his back. To me, that is far worse than what DJ did. The extenuating circumstance here, though, as mentioned above, is that he's done it all year, was told to stop and refused. 

He's lucky. He may be playing in the playoffs after all. 

12 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Because it's one game from the end of the season. There are times for last second cuts, and there are times for more planned out visions. Like, I dunno, ****ing trading him for something? Anything?

Losing DJ is bad, but it could be forgivable. Losing DJ for absolutely nothing is horrible, awful, disastrous management. We turned ****ing Sua Cravens into a draft pick, and the odious, thin-skinned nimrods on this team refuse to turn a Pro Bowl alternate into even a 7th round pick.

In the words of our highly esteemed Mason Foster: **** this team.

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

This organization is run by a bunch of clowns. DJ called them out, and got the axe. It was expected, but I'm sure he won't have trouble finding a better organization.

He has had plenty of practice at finding other teams. Been in the league 6 years and cut 4 times. 

Just now, fordranger76 said:

One question. Would the Patriots cut him after this? 

The Patriots wouldn't be in a situation where players could have any excuse to whine and moan about their playcalling. They are impossible to compare because they are so competently run that they will never have to make such a decision.

2 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

One question. Would the Patriots cut him after this? 

Trick question, Patriots wouldn't of signed him.  BB prefers sheep, Brady is his only exception, for obvious reasons.  You don't jus join the Patriot way, you have to stay that way to stay there, like a cult.

Archived