Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

21 minutes ago, drowland said:

I see the No Comments as one of two things.  They didn't speak the FO about Reuben but saw the press release and don't want to contradict what was said.  Ha-Ha and Allen are in a little different position to speak freely since they're pro-bowl level players.  Or it could be they did speak to the FO and vouched for Reuben but don't want to publicially put their name on it.  I could believe either one.  

That could be.  But to me Jonathan Allen and Clinton-Dix's come off as definitive no's.  

My most cynical take is they didn't talk to any Alabama players but just like the narrative to act like they did to give their decision some 3rd party credibility.  My gut is they talked to a couple of Alabama players and like to give the impression that it was most of them.  Their press release said "a number" of Alabama players.  So that leaves it open to how many.  

Personally, I don't really care if the Alabama players vouched for him or not.  But they opened themselves up to this story by how they presented it.  And i think its a mistake to include them in the narrative because now they are put on the spot.  Lets say for example that Jonathan Allen really didn't really speak to them about it. 

So are they mad at him now for saying no or does that feel uncomfortable to him to be put on the spot?  Does that put the onus on the people they did speak to where they are now on the spot to speak up?   Why put yourself through that?  If they want to make the same point, they could have just said look we have a bunch of Reuben's teammates here that we think can bring out his best or whatever. Then no one is on the spot. 

Domestic violence is unacceptable, but we don’t know the whole story. With his history, it certainly looks bad, but the police and NFL will investigate it. They will deal with it via suspension, incarceration, etc. The Skins loose nothing by claiming him off waivers. If the allegations are true we never see him in a Redskin uniform. As far as public opinion, who cares. The NFL and media hates the team anyway. I don’t think the Skins will have a legitimate shot at winning anything until the name is changed. It would be a public relations nightmare for NFL if the Redskins were in the super bowl.

1 hour ago, drowland said:

Snyder didn't need to step to the podium, however Bruce and/or Doug needed to get out in front and talk to the media to try and shield their coach and players from having to answer all these questions.   A press release isn't enough.  There's no leadership in this FO.

Yep, agree. It's not surprising as they've never been good at PR, at all. Still, they should have had a better plan of attack.

If you are one of the people in here defending the Foster signing you should really take a stroll through BHRBN and get a feel for the local and national news take on the issue. The Skins have decided to put themselves through this debacle for a person that most likely will never see the field for them. It really is unbelievable:

http://es.redskins.com/forum/5-bubba9497-haphaszards-redskins-breaking-news/

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He elaborated more on the radio which is why not let the process play out and then nab him. It's what I said earlier this morning on the board so I assume he stole it from me. :806:    Instead, grabbing the dude a few days after his stint in jail is too soon and he could understand why its not the right look.  That's how I see it, too.    

Honestly, you should sue lol....

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If you are one of the people in here defending the Foster signing you should really take a stroll through BHRBN and get a feel for the local and national news take on the issue. The Skins have decided to put themselves through this debacle for a person that most likely will never see the field for them. It really is unbelievable:

http://es.redskins.com/forum/5-bubba9497-haphaszards-redskins-breaking-news/

Conventional wisdom will never affect me, and in reality, that's what all those opinion pieces are. So I have zero problems with them ignoring it in their decision making.

7 minutes ago, max21 said:

Ray Lewis literally killed a man and is the most beloved player in Ravens history. 

No he didn’t, but he definitely helped cover up a murder at the very least. 

Hmm. Whadaya think, Bruce? Should we coax Ray Ray out of retirement? Good idea, Dan! But let’s get Jay and Doug’s take on it first. Haha, just kidding! We’ll just let them explain it. Pass that cold Coors light. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, I'm late and catching up on this story, and just wanted to ask - once he gets past all the necessary hurdles to clear him to play, what is the absolute

soonest we can hope to see him on the field ?

My guess is next year, I think?  He's on the exempt list, I believe:

"The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List."

1 hour ago, drowland said:

Snyder didn't need to step to the podium, however Bruce and/or Doug needed to get out in front and talk to the media to try and shield their coach and players from having to answer all these questions.   A press release isn't enough.  There's no leadership in this FO.

This.

18 minutes ago, Shanwood said:

The Skins loose nothing by claiming him off waivers.

I think we'll lose a tiny amount of salary. He is owed $257,000 for the remainder of the season.  Non-guaranteed thanks to his earlier ****ups.  So we pay him $51,000 each week, even if he doesn't play, but we can cut him any time with no consequences. 

The worst case scenario is that we keep him for all five weeks, drop him in the offseason, and then we've wasted $257,000 for nothing. Compare it to the $71,000,000 Alex Smith contract, if you like.

The best case scenario is he comes off the commisioner's list in a couple weeks, plays a few games for us at the end of the season, clicks with the guys on defense, decides to turn his life around, and we get his talent in 2019 and 2020 at an extremely cheap price.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/reuben-foster-21772/

On 11/27/2018 at 6:14 PM, lovemaskins said:

If Kavanaugh is good enough for the Supreme Court then welcome home Reuben.

kind of a dumb response. Judge Kav in no way assaulted anyone. And to make clear this broad said she made up the past allegation against Foster trying to get him in trouble thus charges were dropped. So sad people on with the guilty until proven innocent philosophy now days..

14 minutes ago, Hooper said:

No he didn’t, but he definitely helped cover up a murder at the very least. 

Hmm. Whadaya think, Bruce? Should we coax Ray Ray out of retirement? Good idea, Dan! But let’s get Jay and Doug’s take on it first. Haha, just kidding! We’ll just let them explain it. Pass that cold Coors light. 

At the very least lol, he was the main target in the murder of those 2 kids and somehow was acquitted of everything because of his NFL stardom. 

On 11/27/2018 at 6:45 PM, RedskinsLegacy said:

Yes, because he has not been proven guilty, only accused, and he's already in game shape. I don't care about his charge, many said Sean Taylor wouldn't be worth the trouble, but all it took was being around the right people and mentors.

heard he is on the commish exempt list. You know guilty until proven innocent

16 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

kind of a dumb response. Judge Kav in no way assaulted anyone. And to make clear this broad said she made up the past allegation against Foster trying to get him in trouble thus charges were dropped. So sad people on with the guilty until proven innocent philosophy now days..

The guilty until proven innocent have been going on for many generations in this country.  Nothing new.

22 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Had it been an isolated incident, I’d understand 

but this guy has been arrested 3 times in a year. That is insane. He got kicked out of the combine. Multiple DV accusations. He’s not exactly showing that he’s reformed himself. He just got arrested Saturday. 

Im all for criminal justice reform but not really for people like this. 

multiple?  Definition of multiple: having SEVERAL parts,elements or members. He has 2 and one was dropped because she lied about so we are down to ONE so I guess its isolated and maybe even non existent. 

Archived