Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins about to sign Captain Buttfumble

Riggo-toni

18 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Kap was a bum the last season he saw the field. Not sure what makes people think he would have improved in his over two years out of football. The league has changed and his playing style isn’t as much of a threat as it use to be. He’s also injury prone.  Didn’t Elway try to bring him in and he didn’t want to play? Not to mention all the other stuff that we’re not allowed to talk about here in the Stadium. 

Kaep was a bum???  Or was it he had zero talent around him?  But if Kaep is a bum, how did he easily take Alex Smith's job in San Fran and lead them to a SB?  Do Alex Smith have any SB appearances that I don't know of?  Has Alex Smith's playing style ever been a threat?  Will it ever be a threat?

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. Totally missed that bill was with the jets. I stand corrected then 😮

I had no recollection either, but I knew I heard 3 guys too and couldn't remember the 3rd, so I went to Keim. Sure enough, Keim tweeted about it.

--Edited because I remembered the phrase I originally typed is actually the name of a port-a-potty company. Sorry John.

Horrible decision by the Redskins to sign Sanchez.  You can't win with a USC QB.  They put out over hyped garbage year after year and some dumb team drafts them.  They are usually out of the league by the end of their rookie contract.  No NFL team has ever won a Superbowl with a USC QB.

4 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Horrible decision by the Redskins to sign Sanchez.  You can't win with a USC QB.  They put out over hyped garbage year after year and some dumb team drafts them.  They are usually out of the league by the end of their rookie contract.  No NFL team has ever won a Superbowl with a USC QB.

Calm down. He wasn't signed to be the starter. He was just the less stinkiest turd in the bowl.

2 minutes ago, TK said:

Calm down. He wasn't signed to be the starter. He was just the less stinkiest turd in the bowl.

Oh, I'm calm.  Just feel it is a horrible decision, and the way our seasons go, he'll probably be starting in the next couple of weeks.  Then I'll be a wreck.

56 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Kaep was a bum???  Or was it he had zero talent around him?  But if Kaep is a bum, how did he easily take Alex Smith's job in San Fran and lead them to a SB?  Do Alex Smith have any SB appearances that I don't know of?  Has Alex Smith's playing style ever been a threat?  Will it ever be a threat?

I specifically said the last season he played. Don’t believe me, look up the numbers. He also took Smith’s place when he got injured and Harbaugh went with the hot hand. Kap is finished and he’s never coming to DC, so you might as well drop the pointless convo.

31 minutes ago, TK said:

He does bring a veritable poopourri of experience to the team.

In all seriousness, he seems to be the most logical option. It really is a wasteland of options out there. They might actually be kind of lucky he was there at this point in the season, especially on a short week. 

19 minutes ago, TK said:

Not sure why that’s so hard for some people to understand. If Colt goes down, it doesn’t matter who we throw out there, the season is over

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

Mark Sanchez, no hesitation.

Random thought.... imagine if this time last year if you had told the fanbase we would be going into a Thanksgiving Day game against Dallas with the division on the line, and our QBs would be Colt McCoy and Mark Sanchez.

and imagine looking at it and liking your chances,,

1 hour ago, ddub52 said:

I specifically said the last season he played. Don’t believe me, look up the numbers. He also took Smith’s place when he got injured and Harbaugh went with the hot hand. Kap is finished and he’s never coming to DC, so you might as well drop the pointless convo.

His last season, he had zero talent.  But you said they went with Kaep because he had the hot hand?  Nah...  They went with Kaep because he was a better QB.  They knew Smith wasn't talented enough to lead a team to a SB, but Kaep sure was.  If he had talent around him, he probably wouldn't have had a rough year his last year.

2 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Mark Sanchez, no hesitation.

Random thought.... imagine if this time last year if you had told the fanbase we would be going into a Thanksgiving Day game against Dallas with the division on the line, and our QBs would be Colt McCoy and Mark Sanchez.

It’s crazy.  😂😬🍻

14 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not a big deal.

He probably won't even see the field for us, ever.

And if by chance he does, then it's an indication that the season is shot anyway, so to me it's kind of irrelevant.

Literally my first thought. Any team that is down to their 3rd QB is screwed and has no hope so I really didn't care who they signed.  

Sanchez was just a body.  His familiarity with the coaching staff helped him being signed.  He's familiar with the offense.  I don't know why people are freaking out over this like this was some horrible decision.  

When you look at his career advanced passing stats and compare them with Kaepernick (for example), this is what you get (100 is average, the higher the number the better):

Sanchez: 89 Completion %+, 87.8 AY/A+, 87 ANY/A+, 94.8 TD%+, 81 INT%+, 78.67 Sack%+, 86.83 Passer Rating

Kaepernick: 91.9 Completion %+, 100 AY/A+, 105.4 ANY/A+, 97 TD%+, 113.6 INT%+, 71 Sack%+, 101.2 Passer Rating

Kaepernick is slightly above average (and better than Sanchez, IMO), but is it that much more to where you would want to sign a guy with no knowledge of the coaches or system, or would you go with the guy who is below average but is familiar with the coaching staff he had the most success with in NY?  

Archived