Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An assault on American voters is underway

No Excuses

Would it be legal to leave ice buckets filled with bottles of water a foot beyond the legal distance, and if anyone in line decided to go get a bottle that was their decision...meaning nobody handed out water to people standing in line? I would imagine those in line would gladly hold someone's spot for them for the 25 seconds it takes to walk over and get a bottle. Also, what if you charged people for the water? Is that a loophole, since technically you're not giving water to anyone lol...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Would it be legal to leave ice buckets filled with bottles of water a foot beyond the legal distance, and if anyone in line decided to go get a bottle that was their decision...meaning nobody handed out water to people standing in line? I would imagine those in line would gladly hold someone's spot for them for the 25 seconds it takes to walk over and get a bottle. Also, what if you charged people for the water? Is that a loophole, since technically you're not giving water to anyone lol...

Sell them for a penny! All those vote suppressing legislators think they are so clever, we can out clever them.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3

So many are getting all wound up about the voter denial- personally I see it as a gift. Not only did they go WAY TF over the top with their craziness (water?? seriously??), but they did it far too early. There is lots of time between now and the midterms to fight it thru the courts, devise counter-strategies and get the word out to fire people up even more. This all just adds another order of magnitude to the pressure to institute federal voting laws. They're also going to purge every R everywhere that doesn't pass their Trump purity test, effectively replacing the dangerous ones that understand how to manipulate the system with MTG level hacks that expect to do things via tantrum. I fully support my enemies getting stupider, promoting stupider people, purging effective apparatchiks for loopy apparatchicks. One of the great advantages we have is that they are all so Dunning Kruger convinced that they are sooooo ****ing clever that they cannot control themselves, they have no sense of timing, of proportion or perspective, noting, nada, they have their faux-rage and expect they can just scream their way to the finish line. Honestly, who would put their own cash on a Matt Gaetz getting something accomplished? A Jordan? A Gohmert? We already see Greene and Bimbobert scrambling on a daily basis to become even more laughable and embarrassing. That's the business model they are going all in on. These are the people that arranged to have Park Cannon dragged off in cuffs to celebrate their voting revisions in Ga. I gotta tell ya, I couldn't choreograph this, their ability to humiliate themselves far exceeds my imagination, and I have always prided myself on having a lurid imagination. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

So many are getting all wound up about the voter denial- personally I see it as a gift. Not only did they go WAY TF over the top with their craziness (water?? seriously??), but they did it far too early. There is lots of time between now and the midterms to fight it thru the courts, devise counter-strategies and get the word out to fire people up even more. This all just adds another order of magnitude to the pressure to institute federal voting laws. They're also going to purge every R everywhere that doesn't pass their Trump purity test, effectively replacing the dangerous ones that understand how to manipulate the system with MTG level hacks that expect to do things via tantrum. I fully support my enemies getting stupider, promoting stupider people, purging effective apparatchiks for loopy apparatchicks. One of the great advantages we have is that they are all so Dunning Kruger convinced that they are sooooo ****ing clever that they cannot control themselves, they have no sense of timing, of proportion or perspective, noting, nada, they have their faux-rage and expect they can just scream their way to the finish line. Honestly, who would put their own cash on a Matt Gaetz getting something accomplished? A Jordan? A Gohmert? We already see Greene and Bimbobert scrambling on a daily basis to become even more laughable and embarrassing. That's the business model they are going all in on. These are the people that arranged to have Park Cannon dragged off in cuffs to celebrate their voting revisions in Ga. I gotta tell ya, I couldn't choreograph this, their ability to humiliate themselves far exceeds my imagination, and I have always prided myself on having a lurid imagination. 

Add to that, they did it as soon as Sidney Powell made the very public argument that only a ****ing idiot would believe any of the **** she said lol. Its like they planned it to be as obvious as possible so that it wouldn't stand. 

But, I'm not going to count my extremely obviously racist and illegal chickens before they hatch. Cautious optimism. But cautious is doing the lifting there. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Add to that, they did it as soon as Sidney Powell made the very public argument that only a ****ing idiot would believe any of the **** she said lol. Its like they planned it to be as obvious as possible so that it wouldn't stand. 

But, I'm not going to count my extremely obviously racist and illegal chickens before they hatch. Cautious optimism. But cautious is doing the lifting there. 

Oh, I get that and I agree, they're a problem because they are so damn stubborn and we'd be the fools to write 'em off. 

I have to think though, there have to be some decent people in the woodwork down there, the dummies didn't even catch the whole "signing in front of the slave plantation painting" thing. Again, I couldn't have arranged that lil detail to greater effect. You know they're looking at each other goin "What?? What does it mean?"

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Oh, I get that and I agree, they're a problem because they are so damn stubborn and we'd be the fools to write 'em off. 

I have to think though, there have to be some decent people in the woodwork down there, the dummies didn't even catch the whole "signing in front of the slave plantation painting" thing. Again, I couldn't have arranged that lil detail to greater effect. You know they're looking at each other goin "What?? What does it mean?"

Of course they are. Cause that's the game now. Play dumb, and take advantage of the dumb asses who are willing to "believe" you to get what they want despite their better interests. Its really sick when you think about it all. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Of course they are. Cause that's the game now. Play dumb, and take advantage of the dumb asses who are willing to "believe" you to get what they want despite their better interests. Its really sick when you think about it all. 

Yeah, but it's a losing strategy

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Their stage at CPAC was in the shape of a Nazi symbol. if they did not know that, they wouldn't have thought about the painting being a plantation. If they did know that about the stage, then they probably knew the painting was of a plantation and wanted to sign the bill under it for that very reason.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Sell them for a penny! All those vote suppressing legislators think they are so clever, we can out clever them.

Don't even need to go that far. Just say you're selling them for IOUs. Then immediately forgive the debt. Problem solved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

In L.A., there's a strip club that is right outside LAX airport that had the word "NUDE" in big letters on a sign in the parking lot. Someone complained about it being so blatant and how certain words shouldn't be allowed to be so prominent or something like that, so a measure or city ordinance or whatever was passed listing words that could not be displayed larger than a certain size, and "nude" was one of those words. This meant the strip club had to reduce the "NUDE" on their sign to a size that was barely legible by passing cards. Only the strip club found a loophole: they placed an extremely small "g" in between the "D" and the "E" in "nude"--thus technically making the word "nudge" and not "nude" lol...it still read as "nude" because the "g" was damn near microscopic. They were allowed to keep it up as-is.

Gotta figure a bunch of smarter, more clever minds than mine are trying to figure out what loopholes they can exploit in all this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Also, what if you charged people for the water? Is that a loophole, since technically you're not giving water to anyone lol...

I imagine they would probably get you for unlicensed business or operating a business without a permit.  Perhaps if you worked with a nonprofit as a "fundraising" opportunity selling the bottles of water for a penny.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Califan007 said:

**** the loopholes. It’s much better to get arrested doing this. The optics are way more damaging for the fascists that way. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

**** the loopholes. It’s much better to get arrested doing this. The optics are way more damaging for the fascists that way. 

Some people will probably get arrested regardless. It will be treated as if they are breaking the law even if they are not. So you get the optics plus a possible legal cluster**** afterwards...while still being able to "give" people in line water. I would do it in waves lol...first have people selling the water for a penny...when they get arrested, have people put the buckets of bottled water one foot beyond the legal distance under the pretense that the water isn't technically for the people in line, and people had to leave the line to get the water anyway so they weren't technically in line at the time. I'd also plant people in line to go and get a bottle of water to get the ball rolling lol...just wave after wave of loophole exploitation, all of which would serve to show how asinine this law is. Cherry on top would be if Repubs ended up losing more than they were winning. "GOP candidates lose in Georgia as they try to arrest people for drinking water" would by a headline I would approve if I were editor lol...

29 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I imagine they would probably get you for unlicensed business or operating a business without a permit.  Perhaps if you worked with a nonprofit as a "fundraising" opportunity selling the bottles of water for a penny.  

Just get a permit, then. Got plenty of time to do so.

Edited by Califan007
I hate merging posts...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

In L.A., there's a strip club that is right outside LAX airport that had the word "NUDE" in big letters on a sign in the parking lot. Someone complained about it being so blatant and how certain words shouldn't be allowed to be so prominent or something like that, so a measure or city ordinance or whatever was passed listing words that could not be displayed larger than a certain size, and "nude" was one of those words. This meant the strip club had to reduce the "NUDE" on their sign to a size that was barely legible by passing cards. Only the strip club found a loophole: they placed an extremely small "g" in between the "D" and the "E" in "nude"--thus technically making the word "nudge" and not "nude" lol...it still read as "nude" because the "g" was damn near microscopic. They were allowed to keep it up as-is.

Gotta figure a bunch of smarter, more clever minds than mine are trying to figure out what loopholes they can exploit in all this.

long ago remember reading, in a collection of "foreign places attempting to speak English very badly" jokes:  

In downtown Hong Kong, a second story business contains a seamstress shop that wanted to provide alterations to visiting rich Americans.  

Therefore, people emerging from a major subway station in Hong Kong got to read a sign, on the second floor of a building, . . . 

Women who are undressed have fits upstairs

• Haha 1

In public, Republicans have denounced Democrats’ ambitious electoral-reform bill, the For the People Act, as an unpopular partisan ploy. In a contentious Senate committee hearing last week, Senator Ted Cruz, of Texas, slammed the proposal, which aims to expand voting rights and curb the influence of money in politics, as “a brazen and shameless power grab by Democrats.” But behind closed doors Republicans speak differently about the legislation, which is also known as House Resolution 1 and Senate Bill 1. They admit the lesser-known provisions in the bill that limit secret campaign spending are overwhelmingly popular across the political spectrum. In private, they concede their own polling shows that no message they can devise effectively counters the argument that billionaires should be prevented from buying elections.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Actions have consequences:

Georgia governor criticizes 'ridiculous' calls for boycotts over voting law

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) criticized calls for boycotts of businesses in the state over its recently passed controversial law tightening voting rules and regulations.

"Boycotting Georgia businesses in the middle of a pandemic is absolutely ridiculous," Kemp said on Twitter.

Georgia-based businesses Delta Air Lines and Coca-Cola faced boycott calls last week over their refusal to condemn the passage of S.B. 202, which among other things placed limits the use of ballot drop boxes and required photo ID for absentee voting.

The law, which Democrats call a flagrant voter suppression effort, has already been hit with three lawsuits less than a week after Kemp signed it. The most recent was filed on Tuesday in an Atlanta federal court, accusing it of race-based discrimination.

Delta in particular came under fire after CEO Ed Bastian issued a statement on Friday appearing to defend the law. He said "the legislation signed this week improved considerably during the legislative process, and expands weekend voting, codifies Sunday voting and protects a voter's ability to cast an absentee ballot without providing a reason."

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

You don't want people to be calling for boycotts during a pandemic, don't pass a biased voter suppression law during a pandemic.  

(Having your Party not consistently take the position of demanding that everyone ignore the ongoing pandemic might help, too.)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5