Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An assault on American voters is underway

No Excuses

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Man, I am so damn proud of MLB right now for doing the right thing. 

I understand the intent, but if you're taking away opportunities from stadium workers who are minorities to make some money over All-Star break, it seems like some of the people you're proclaiming to support are getting caught in the crossfire.  

Omelettes something something break some eggs. 

I totally get your point, but the stadium isn't even downtown anymore.  It's in the most ritzy part of the outer suburbs that isn't even accessible by public transportation.  (Simply for that reason, I'll probably never see another Braves game because I absolutely HATE driving way the hell over there.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Man, I am so damn proud of MLB right now for doing the right thing. 

kind of surprised that it was the mlb that was the first big organization to act. will be interesting to see how other leagues/organizations follow suit now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

kind of surprised that it was the mlb that was the first big organization to act. will be interesting to see how other leagues/organizations follow suit now

That's why I think they purposefully waited until after the NBA All-Star game was played here...they knew the players would boycott and the fans in town for the weekend would lose their damn minds. 

• Like 2

The problem with the braves statement is their prior political acts will all come out. 

kind of hard to take a “we’re not happy with the decision not because we just want our money or don’t care about the bill, but because we think it would have enhanced discussion to have it here” stance if you’ve been donating and running fundraisers for republicans in GA for the last 20 years...

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah. The focus needs to be on voting rights.

not a one weekend pay day for a bunch of people. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 5

On 3/29/2021 at 10:08 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Thanks for posting this. I finally got around to reading the article. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and read it. Eye-opening. A couple of pieces from the article (my highlights):

“When presented with a very neutral description” of the bill, “people were generally supportive,” McKenzie said, adding that “the most worrisome part . . . is that conservatives were actually as supportive as the general public was when they read the neutral description.” In fact, he warned, “there’s a large, very large, chunk of conservatives who are supportive of these types of efforts.”

Hmmmm...so people who are NOT conservative are 'the general public'? And the definition of 'conservative' is someone who wants to keep billionaires in the business of buying elections?

"But as the State Policy Network’s conference call demonstrated, some of the less noticed provisions in the eight-hundred-plus-page bill are particularly worrisome to conservative operatives. Both parties have relied on wealthy anonymous donors, but the vast majority of dark money from undisclosed sources over the past decade has supported conservative causes and candidates. Democrats, however, are catching up. In 2020, for the first time in any Presidential election, liberal dark-money groups far outspent their conservative counterparts, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign spending. Nonetheless, Democrats, unlike Republicans, have pushed for reforms that would shut off the dark-money spigot."

This surprised me. It should slow down the 'Democrats don't fight as dirty as the QOP' narrative. 

Lots of other good info on some of the details of the HR1 Bill. Clearly the QOP is on the defensive on how to sell their bag of **** to people. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I totally get your point, but the stadium isn't even downtown anymore.  It's in the most ritzy part of the outer suburbs that isn't even accessible by public transportation.  (Simply for that reason, I'll probably never see another Braves game because I absolutely HATE driving way the hell over there.)

I’m not much into baseball but we’d typically go see a game or two each season. However, the Cobb County Braves have been dead to me since they left. I don’t know how they’ll make it without our $50 to $75 each season but they’ll just have to figure something out.😃

Edited by The Sisko
  • Haha 2