Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

3 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

So how does this tandem compare to the pinnacle AREA 51 (Taylor and Landry) duo. I know ST had better range/speed/everything...Any expectation to get into the same zip code?

Better, Landry was terrible and very overrated in my opinion. Sean was better than the two we have back there now, but they're both MUCH better than Landry ever was. 

26 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Better, Landry was terrible and very overrated in my opinion. Sean was better than the two we have back there now, but they're both MUCH better than Landry ever was. 

Landry was a beast at the LOS.  We just played the guy out of position for most of his time here.  He did make a pro bowl as well.  

30 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

So how does this tandem compare to the pinnacle AREA 51 (Taylor and Landry) duo. I know ST had better range/speed/everything...Any expectation to get into the same zip code?

Dunno. For those first 7-8 ganes, Landry was superb in the role he was playing in Gregg Williams defense, as a blitzer, run defender, playing TE's, etc from what I remember, and even played well enough filling Taylor's spot as the season went on. Can't really explain what happened to him 2009 and onward, short of just inhuries, lack of discipline/commitment to film study (he seemed to do fine for a spell in Rex Ryan's defense in NY, which along with Grilliams, is of the Buddy Ryan mold). But he was a natural blitzing SS, and he and Taylor were dynamite.

30 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

LaRon Landry was a bust.  I still have to watch Ha Ha play for us but I’m loving this tandem because Swearinger is honestly playing at 2007 ST level this season.

39 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Same zipcode? Theyre gonna be neighbors grilling out and ****. I mean obviously its Sean, but these guys could do it together 

53 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Those guys mad they aren’t good enough to play on this D anymore ?. Don’t they realize the D is legit now because they left ?

Ehh, Breeland wasn't a bad corner. He struggled some in 2016 but I though the was better then Norman last year.

1 hour ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys think in your honest opinions that the Skins could be a Super Bowl caliber team this year? 

Probably not.  There are a handful of teams who are just better than us.  New Orleans, LA, Kansas City, New England, probably the Steelers and Vikings and Chargers too.  Maybe the Eagles too, we'll see how that goes. 

But our schedule is soft and we have what looks like a dominant defense.  You never know what can happen in the postseason.  Injuries happen so we at least have a chance to make a run.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Probably not.  There are a handful of teams who are just better than us.  New Orleans, LA, Kansas City, New England, probably the Steelers and Vikings and Chargers too.  Maybe the Eagles too, we'll see how that goes. 

But our schedule is soft and we have what looks like a dominant defense.  You never know what can happen in the postseason.  Injuries happen so we at least have a chance to make a run.

You guys handled Carolina at home then you beat Dallas as well. Your a decent team.

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Sean was better than the two we have back there now,

Was he? We’ll never know for sure, but let’s be honest, if Sean Taylor had lived, he likely would have had difficulty adjusting to today’s offense friendly rules. Him and James Harrison would have had an ongoing contest to see who would draw more fines.

26 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys handled Carolina at home then you beat Dallas as well. Your a decent team.

Definitely.  I would say we are better than Carolina and Dallas.  Probably put us around 8 or 9.  But we have a weak offense that can't come back from deficits and is very reliant on a 33 year old RB with a dislocated shoulder and two pretty serious leg injuries in his history.  And we definitely aren't the same team on the road.

I would put our defense against anyone's though.  And our OL is good and they can control the line of scrimmage against most opponents.  That means we've always got a chance.

50 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

Was he? We’ll never know for sure, but let’s be honest, if Sean Taylor had lived, he likely would have had difficulty adjusting to today’s offense friendly rules. Him and James Harrison would have had an ongoing contest to see who would draw more fines.

Sean had incredible range and nose for the ball. That wouldn't change in today's game. He DID like to lay the wood though. Players did FEAR his hits. Was awesome to watch. Landry was a heavy hitter too. Sean allowed Landry to head hunt at LOS. Swearinger's 40 @ 4.67 speed as compared to Sean's 40 @ 4.51. Troy Apke 40 @ 4.34 Wow  ?

Archived