Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Who Wants To Be On Top ?

skins island connection

Who Wins the Game ?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the battle for 1st place in the division?

• Washington Redskins
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Tie ? we don't need no stinkin' tie !!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2018 at 08:00 PM

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Hovering around 500 seems to be our density

Our cries of we want Dallas have largely led to tears for well over a decade. Yes even at home. The louder the cheer, the bigger the blowout. It hurts.

Dallas 31 Skins 17

George-McFly-1-300x246.jpg

God bless we must be brothers.. everything you post is Gold to me.

26-17 Dallas

Not feeling good about this one.  Dak looked good last week and Zeke will be tough to stop.  Also, who is going to cover Beasley in the slot?  He was unstoppable last week against a top tier defense.  Swain will also put up a 7-120 line against us.

Hope I'm wrong.

I am going in a weird direction.  Alex Smith should be getting stronger and have better timing with his receivers and generally be in sync now since we  have played 5 games.  Someone on here posted that because of the lack of reps between Alex and his receivers during the preseason as the core reason Alex is struggling.  

So holding on to any bit of hope, any fantasy I can,  because  we are playing the Cowturds, I am going with that logic.  So here is how it goes. Alex wakes up and plays well all four quarters.  Alex throws to ALL receivers with accuracy.  He rolls out of the pocket, finds receivers in stride and looks miraculously like a combo of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Tom Brady.....ahhhh not really but we win.....24-20 - Skins.

The win over Jacksonville gave the national media the excuse they needed to jump back on the Cowboys bandwagon and hand them the win before the game even starts.  I expect nothing but Cowboy worship this whole week leading up to the game.

I also expect the refs to screw us HARD early in this game.  No one outside of DC wants to see the Cowboys lose.  I've seen the script too many times.  Cowboy linemen will hold Kerrigan, at least one big Redskins play on an early drive will be called back for a BS holding call, and the refs will call phantom pass interference on our secondary, making them play timid the rest of the game.

This happens in EVERY divisional game.  The tone gets set early and the team will feel like they need to beat the Cowboys AND the refs to win the game.  The outcome will be determined by how they choose to respond. 

If they throw their hands up, complain, and look disgusted, the game will be over by halftime. 

If they double down, stick to their assignments, and show some resolve, the dam will break and AP will wear the Cowboys down, break Dorsett's record, and secure the win.

If early game ref shenanigans get to the Skins, final score:

Cowboys 35

Redskins 24

If the Redskins stay the course and don't let the national Cowboy bias break them:

Cowboys 24

Redskins 27

21 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

I also expect the refs to screw us HARD early in this game.  No one outside of DC wants to see the Cowboys lose.  I've seen the script too many times.  Cowboy linemen will hold Kerrigan, at least one big Redskins play on an early drive will be called back for a BS holding call, and the refs will call phantom pass interference on our secondary, making them play timid the rest of the game.

This is a major concern for me ..I can see this being the case. I don't have the money, I didn't just win the lottery but I would bet anyone $5,000 kerrigan will get held and not get the call at least once..it happens every single game for kerrigan..I get it, refs miss holding calls here n there in every nfl game but they REALLY have it out for 91..yep bs call to kill a big play, nation wants cowboys to win..we gonna have to be on our game..and I think we will..Can't wait!!

Ryan Kerrigan doesn’t get that holding call in any arena against any teams.  I think we’re past the point of expecting anyone to call it or for him to figure out a counter, it just is what it is.

I don’t expect any ref shenanigans or that everyone is all in on the Cowboys.  That’s real loser talk. 

Hopkins makes a game winner.

Skins 20

Cowboys 17

Cowboys 27

Redskins 19

It's closer than that for most of the game and we settle for more FGs than you'd want to end some promising drives. I do see the offense bogging down due to whatever it is that they do with stunts that baffle us (see the Indy game). I think we'll have more answers which is why we'll ultimately score 5 times, but the key will be red zone and settling. 

Defensively I think we'll do fine, but I see them papercutting us to death and eventually amassing 150+ yards on the ground. This will be a 20-16 type game mid-way through the 4th and then they will break our back with a long TD. We will kick the FG to pull within a score but not challenge to actually tie it up. 

BOOOOO

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If you agree with him we're probably going to get blown out, maybe you should change your screenname?

You dont think were going to get blown out?  What a toolish comment.  I like his post and use of movie references, have also agreed with him on many other things.  That ok with you?

Renegade? What are you 12?

Archived