Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Who Wants To Be On Top ?

skins island connection

Who Wins the Game ?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the battle for 1st place in the division?

• Washington Redskins
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Tie ? we don't need no stinkin' tie !!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2018 at 08:00 PM

At least the rivalry isn’t dead for some:

“This rivalry is baked-in for me no matter how lopsided it has gotten. I visited George Allen's grave in San Pedro California a few years back (I lived right near it so it wasn't out of my way) and put a Cowboy sticker on it. Don't worry it wasn't too inappropriate, I just attached a tiny little corner of the sticker, it probably blew off in the wind before a maintenance person even had a chance to see it and take it off. But it felt kind of good, he always talked smack about the Boys in those times. I wish I could figure how to attach a photo.”

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/since-1997-dallas-is-31-11-against-washington.417956/

The only thing that makes me feel optimistic about this game is that I know Gruden is sick of losing to Dallas and so are the players. Listening to their interviews this week and seeing Gruden on the Coach's Show today, he's well aware of the abysmal record, and you can tell he's chomping at the bit to get this win. I heard a bunch of other players talking about losing the last four straight to Dallas, including players like Swearinger, who just got here last year. That tells me that the team is aware of and feeling this rivalry moreso than usual. They understand what it means to us and that it's been way too long since they beat these douchebags. 

Now, whether or not that means anything remains to be seen. 

I'll say this, Jay has never beaten the Cowboys at home. Never. If he loses tomorrow, I'm done with the guy. Period. You can't beat your biggest rival at home ever? You are owned by Jason Howdy Doody Garrett? You don't deserve to coach. Especially not my team. 

All my chips are in. But I will make no prediction. 

I am not optimistic about this one because of the recent trend the skins are on of win one, lose one. I hope, at the least, they come out with some energy and don't lay an egg (like in the colts game, still can't believe we lost to them). 

I'm liking that their backs are kinda against the wall in this one with the losing streak, jay not beating them at home and not beating dak and zeke either. we win this one and we have a favorable schedule the following four weeks and could be setup for a nice little run. They can win this game, but who knows with jay.

Im hoping for the best

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Cowboys 27

Redskins 20

The pattern continues and we lay an egg following a loss.  We let an inferior Dallas team get the better of us.  This board will not be a fun place to be come Monday.  

“Lay an egg following a loss”... what? We lost to the Panthers?? I’m pretty sure you meant following a win. Right? ?

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I read something on here about how we have done very very well in the slant on defense. Beasley?

From what I've seen the Skins defense plays sound against the run and covers the middle of the field sufficiently.  This means an overall improvement in the middle defensively.  The only missed perceptions I read about is accusing the end rushers of non-productive sack stats.  I'e

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I read something on here about how we have done very very well in the slant on defense. Beasley?

From what I've seen the Skins defense plays sound against the run and covers the middle of the field sufficiently.  This means an overall improvement in the middle defensively.  The only missed perceptions I read about is accusing the end rushers of non-productive sack stats.  I've seen the ends go after the running backs as a majority of instances where in the past they'd go after the QB.  This appears to be by design.  Focus of stopping the run and contain the QB.  Results in less sacks but drastic overall team defense vs the run.  Also improving 3rd down distances.  It's solid. 

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, Warhead36 said:

20-17 Redskins. Cowboys K misses a 51 yarder as time expires.

D A M N !!!!

Talk about being nostradamus, correct score and nearly the exact yardage of the last second failed kick !!

Wait a sec, is this Jason Garrett? A closet Redskins fan?  lol.

Congrats, i'll send ya a msg.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:09 AM, skinny21 said:

Not loving this matchup.  

I think their dline (and linebackers) gives us fits, and their oline exposes our front 7.  I think we have to be +2 in the turnover battle to have a real shot.  

23-13 Cowboys (ugh, I hated typing that)

Coming out of the game, I felt pretty good about this prediction....

On 10/15/2018 at 7:22 PM, Warhead36 said:

20-17 Redskins. Cowboys K misses a 51 yarder as time expires.

But not nearly as good as this guy.  Well done man! :)

57 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wholly **** was that warheads prediction?!!!

Ok sic how does that work out... koolblue predicted the score correct as well..but warhead frickin nailed it..lol...?

Well, I don't wanna reflect on your first line of your signature at the bottom of your post, so i'll just say R I F.

{ it says the 1ST correct score prediction wins it.  gotta either be the early bird or the smart bird or the { 2nd mouse in certain situations }

Archived