Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs cowboys for First Place in The NFC East

Spearfeather

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We have won 2 in a row at home.

We are unstoppable on our own turf.

And this is a home game.

We were stopped at Fed Ex by a truly awful  Colts team.  Their only win of their season.  

Plus i am guessing 50% of the crowd will be Cowboy fans.

This is the season, as far as I'm concerned. 

Yeah, sure, nothing is even close mathematically to being "over" if we lose, but for me ... it might as well be. Because if we lose, it just confirms that we're still following the same, tired script. 

Gruden has never beaten the Cowgirls at home. Never. The team has never beaten Dak. 

We haven't beaten them at home since 2012, which is mind-blowing. 

We've become known as an up-one-week-down-the-next team, and we're due to be down judging by those stats. 

The good thing is, we've turned a few of those "nevers" around so far this season. Jay got his first opening day win, we beat the Panthers with Cam for the first time ... it's time to get his first dallas home win. 

They do that, maybe the season gets interesting. They don't ... it's the same old movie. They better pull out all the stops. 

What I like? Dallas destroying the Jags.  I’d prefer them come to FedEx fat and happy.

What I don’t like? Marinelli scheming up for Grudens offense.  He gives it fits historically even with primarily bums.  In fact, the Colts mirrored what the Cowboys do to us on that side of the ball and it wasn’t good.

The one thing we’ve never had against Marinelli is the ability to run the ball though.  If the Skins can get AP rolling, it will make all the difference in the world.  If not, we’ll watch them plod down the field, eat up the clock and end up really pissed off Sunday evening.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I like? Dallas destroying the Jags.  I’d prefer them come to FedEx fat and happy.

What I don’t like? Marinelli scheming up for Grudens offense.  He gives it fits historically even with primarily bums.  In fact, the Colts mirrored what the Cowboys do to us on that side of the ball and it wasn’t good.

The one thing we’ve never had against Marinelli is the ability to run the ball though.  If the Skins can get AP rolling, it will make all the difference in the world.  If not, we’ll watch them plod down the field, eat up the clock and end up really pissed off Sunday evening.

I hope yall are ready for both run games getting shut down, because that's what's most likely to happen.  Then stopping our run game doesn't automatically mean we can't stop theirs. 

So if both run games are gone, what's left over?  Us having more talent on offense at home.

What worries me about this game is that this offense doesn't have game breaking playmakers to counter Dallas's defense.  I probably should be worried about Zeke, but I have a strange confidence in him being contained (not stopped) to where it will still end up on Dak's shoulders to beat the defense.

Dallas's defense is solid, but not great. The problem is, who on this offense is going to force Dallas's defense to get uncomfortable?  In theory, I'd say Jordan Reed, but what has he really done this season to suggest he is going to have a break out game?  Vernon Davis possibly might get open downfield a few times?

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What worries me about this game is that this offense doesn't have game breaking playmakers to counter Dallas's defense.  I probably should be worried about Zeke, but I have a strange confidence in him being contained (not stopped) to where it will still end up on Dak's shoulders to beat the defense.

Dallas's defense is solid, but not great. The problem is, who on this offense is going to force Dallas's defense to get uncomfortable?  In theory, I'd say Jordan Reed, but what has he really done this season to suggest he is going to have a break out game?  Vernon Davis possibly might get open downfield a few times?

I mean, neither do they...

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Peterson... They are going to have to sell out on the run, and Alex took more shots yesterday than I remember seeing him take all season.  He also used his eyes very well and was willing to look over the top.  I half think that CT and Crowder being out forced Gruden to put an emphasis outside the hashmarks.  I just hope he still gameplans out there once those guys come back, because it'll open up a lot. 

14 hours ago, Csup said:

Win loss win loss win ....uh oh.

Seriously, Dallas just put a beat down on a good Jags team.  Figures they would come out of their offensive slump just before playing Washington.  

If Washington wins this game maybe I will take this team seriously. But they need to prove to me they can string together more than ...1 game in a row.

Dude, Dallas plays like crap on the road.

24 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Very true, but our pass rush has been giving opposing QB's all day to throw which is a problem.

Pass defense also ranked 7th in yards per game as well.  You right on the pass rush, but the running joke is Dak not bing able to get over 200.  

14 hours ago, hail2skins said:

In another thread someone mentioned that they were kind of happy Dallas won today because they didn't want the Skins to face a desparate Cowboys team next week.

I think next Sunday will be a hard-fought affair, but, looking ahead, the game I'm concerned about is the Giants up there. NY seems to be in a bit of turmoil and has to play at ATL next Monday, but can see them playing the game of their lives when we come to town. 

One week and game at a time ...

Dallas have a good defense and very one dimensional offense. So it should be a low scoring, close game. Normal keys will apply - turnovers, key mistakes, efficiency in the red zone and making your FGs. 

Our defensive game plan is not complicated. That Dallas offense runs through Elliott. Stop him (run and pass game), don't let Dak out of the pocket and make him try to beat you with his arm throwing to WRs and TEs not Elliott. I don't think he can do that.

Dallas Cowboys lead series 70-44-2

Doesn't matter which team is doing better overall, these turds just always seem to get over on us. The last time we were starting to build a body of work against them since the 80's was 2005-2008 and then after that it went back to averaging .260 against them.

Now here they come again with a good Defense and the O getting right just in time to come to their second home in the District.

At first I looked at the schedule and thought "Well at least it's on CBS so I don't have to deal with the Dimmer Twins calling it", but then I realized that CBS has their own Cowboy booth homer in Tony Romo now.

We need this one... bad.

Archived