Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs cowboys for First Place in The NFC East

Spearfeather

10 hours ago, MartinC said:

One week and game at a time ...

Dallas have a good defense and very one dimensional offense. So it should be a low scoring, close game. Normal keys will apply - turnovers, key mistakes, efficiency in the red zone and making your FGs. 

Our defensive game plan is not complicated. That Dallas offense runs through Elliott. Stop him (run and pass game), don't let Dak out of the pocket and make him try to beat you with his arm throwing to WRs and TEs not Elliott. I don't think he can do that.

Manusky damn sure better have a spy on Dak, he has been escaping the pocket quite a bit in the last few games.

What worries me is smith; I said it in the prediction thread, Smith has a long slow deliberate wind-up before he throws, and that ball sits in his extened arm/hand it seems like forever. I know the Cowboy linemen /LBers are seeing this and will be looking to knock it out of his hands.

It will be nerve-wrecking watching this game, I hope there isn't a letdown.

Hey one thing I wanted to look at. If you look at our first 5 QBs so far this year in terms of sack percentage: 

Sam Bradford: 7.0 (we had 2)
Andrew Luck: 3.4 (we had 1)
Aaron Rodgers: 7.1 (we had 4)
Drew Brees: 4.0 (we had 2)
Cam Newton: 4.5 (we had 1)

Looking ahead, we've got 
Dak Prescott 10.0
Eli Manning 8.0
Matt Ryan 7.1
Jamis Winston 6.2
Deshaun Watson 10.3

That seems to be a big difference over the next 5 games in terms of the amount of pressure we should be able to put up against them. That could easily translate to more sacks, but also more pressures and more turnovers. Hopefully if we have leads like against the Cardinals, Packers or Panthers, we are able to hold onto them a little better because those comeback drives get stalled earlier. 

Home Field advantage doesn't exist for the Redskins.  Not anymore.  The stadium will be flooded with Cowgirl fans.  Especially this year with the stadium only being 3/4ths full.  More people will show up for this on both sides, but there will be a lot more blue in the stadium :(

This team will do just enough to either get by or lose.  The defense can hardly stop anyone even with a lead.

I think the Cowboys will win.

The last video by the OP, that was one helluva game!

A friend of mine, a Cowboys fan, was over watching the game at my house.

When Aikman pump-faked then lost the ball in the endzone and was recovered by the Redskins, he kept saying it was an incomplete pass but I told him nope its a Redskins TD.

The funny part was the camera was constantly going back and showing Jimmy Johnson [ Dallas HC }, with his non-blowing hair, then after that TD they showed him again, he was beyond pissed and his hair looked like he went through a hurricane, it was a bird's nest! It was hilarious.

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Looked up the reason why they’re staying an extra day, the team is visiting the African American history museum on Monday.

if we win, I think people should go mess with them on Monday while they’re visiting :D 

Yep that's why..Jason Garrett came up with it...stock up on eggs folks lol

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not sure how we’d know, but I’m curious if the Cowboys put up “Redskins Week” signs all over their facility like we do ours.  I doubt it.  It’s even more sad when we make a big deal out of it only to lose.  I don’t care if it’s ugly, which I assume it will be, they have to gut out a win.

They don't care about us at all. Honestly I don't even really care about them either. This rivalry has absolutely 0 national sizzle. This isn't 1971 anymore.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:36 AM, NoCalMike said:

Very true, but our pass rush has been giving opposing QB's all day to throw which is a problem.

I have visions of that munchkin Cole Beasley running wide open 15-20 yards down field on crossing patterns on 3rd and 10+, it's going to happen, all day, and cause me to have an aneurysm 

On 10/15/2018 at 3:25 PM, NewCliche21 said:

While of course it's Dallas week, this isn't like it was in 2012.  Week 17 actually FOR the division when Morris just ran all over them.

Being in first place after Week 7 is like celebrating your 10K win during a marathon.

Let's wait for quadruple zeroes at the end of Week 17's final period before we get excited about being in first.

I was at that game, it was glorious but damn I rembember how cold it was that night. Was it Rob Jackson that had the game sealing INT? Fedex was crazy that night. I’ll never forget it 

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

They don't care about us at all. Honestly I don't even really care about them either. This rivalry has absolutely 0 national sizzle. This isn't 1971 anymore.

I kind of equally agree and disagree with you haha

In terms of a typical match up, I agree. Even when we played the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving in 2016 (both teams were GOOD at the time), it wasn't a gigantic deal to me other than it being an important divisional game. 

But, when we've faced them recently with post-season and/or divisions on the line, it's hit me harder than a similar match up with the Eagles or Giants. The late-season 2005 and season-ending 2012 games stick out. In both cases the winner was in the driver's seat or clinching a playoff berth and the other was either in trouble or out. Those brought me back to the early-1980s and 1991/92 when we played important games. 

For comparison, we played the Eagles in 2015 in the second-to-last game of the season for the division. I cared, don't get me wrong, but I cared because of what it meant for us! When we played the Cowboys in basically the same situation in 2012, I cared because I didn't want to lose to THAT team. 

6 minutes ago, max21 said:

I was at that game, it was glorious but damn I rembember how cold it was that night. Was it Rob Jackson that had the game sealing INT? Fedex was crazy that night. I’ll never forget it 

I was there too. I was also at the week 15 game in 2005 when Cooley and Daniels went nuts on the Parcells-led Cowboys. 

43 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Nobody outside of D.C. or Dallas cares about this game.

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This rivalry has absolutely 0 national sizzle.

They will care, come Sunday afternoon.

Because it will most likely be the most televised 425pm game across the nation.

There's a good reason why they made an exception for this "east coast" game to be a 4pm slated game, as opposed to their typical 1pm slotted game.

The interest is there. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have banked their money on that time slot, and that geographical coverage.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They will care, come Sunday afternoon.

Because it will most likely be the most televised 425pm game across the nation.

There's a good reason why they made an exception for this "east coast" game to be a 4pm slated game, as opposed to their typical 1pm slotted game.

The interest is there. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have banked their money on that time slot, and that geographical coverage.

Absolutely. They will be watching.

When that 506 map comes out tomorrow afternoon, I'm pretty sure ...

Outside of California ( Rams vs. 49ers ), and maybe Baltimore and Louisiana ( Saints vs. Ravens ), the rest of the country will get Redskins - Cowboys.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

In recent memory the only Skins-Boys game that had real national sizzle was the 2012 season finale due to the division being on the line and the RG3 affect.

Nobody outside of D.C. or Dallas cares about this game. Its two average at best teams.

I bet that the Eagles will have a real interest in the game.  They haven't played either of us yet, and they want to be where we're at right now.

The Giants, well, they haven't figured out how to turn on the tv yet...

Archived