Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs cowboys for First Place in The NFC East

Spearfeather

Just now, petey hodge said:

Man, when was the last time the Redskins played the Cowboys on CBS?

Must have been a Pat Summerall and John Madden called game in the early 90s... those.. were the days.

HTTR

Those really were the days.

And this game really is big.

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Those really were the days.

And this game really is big.

I know I've said multiple times this season, big game, but this one to me is the biggest of the season culturally especially for Jay.  It would break the win one lose one and the Cowboys recent dominance over them.

Even in 2015, when the Cowboys weren't good and on a losing streak with a backup QB, they came into Fedex on Monday night and their defense dominated and they won.  After the hoopla of the GB win in 2016, what team broke that momentum, the next week -- Dallas.    Both Dallas match ups last year were key games and momentum killers. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I know I've said multiple times this season, big game, but this one to me is the biggest of the season culturally especially for Jay.  It would break the win one lose one and the Cowboys recent dominance over them.

Even in 2015, when the Cowboys weren't good and on a losing streak with a backup QB, they came into Fedex on Monday night and their defense dominated and they won.  After the hoopla of the GB win in 2016, what team broke that momentum, the next week -- Dallas.    Both Dallas match ups last year were key games and momentum killers. 

This really might be our biggest game of the year. Even if we do make the playoffs. If we win, we will make the playoffs and I dont think we look back at all. 

I consider the Redskins beating the Cowboys much more a fantasy than a reality or even a hope.  I'm expecting very little productivity coming from the offense while Dallas' defense has been very impressive.  In fact, my main concern is if the Redskins can avoid being shut out.

The Redskins defense has more of a smoke-and-mirrors feel to it so far this year and I expect Dallas to expose it.

29 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sucks that Thompson is out for today’s game. Anyone know if Richardson is definitely out? I didnt See him listed as out in schefters tweets or any other media members tweets today. 

I am still holding out hope that CT plays as he was listed as questionable, then doubtful after the Shefter report and now back to questionable. Otherwise I am starting to wonder the extent of his knee injury. We sure could use him today if only for a few snaps.

3 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I consider the Redskins beating the Cowboys much more a fantasy than a reality or even a hope.  I'm expecting very little productivity coming from the offense while Dallas' defense has been very impressive.  In fact, my main concern is if the Redskins can avoid being shut out.

The Redskins defense has more of a smoke-and-mirrors feel to it so far this year and I expect Dallas to expose it.

Shut OUT? Please... we are playing at home. A close game is expected but no where near a fantasy if the Skins win at home.

7 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I am still holding out hope that CT plays as he was listed as questionable, then doubtful after the Shefter report and now back to questionable. Otherwise I am starting to wonder the extent of his knee injury. We sure could use him today if only for a few snaps.

Shut OUT? Please... we are playing at home. A close game is expected but no where near a fantasy if the Skins win at home.

The Redskins play their worst football against the Giants and the Cowboys and I expect that trend to continue today.  It's hard to shut out even the worst offensive teams, but nothing is out the realm of possibility when the Redskins play the Cowboys and it's mostly bad.  So I will keep expectations very low. 

38 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

The Redskins play their worst football against the Giants and the Cowboys and I expect that trend to continue today.  It's hard to shut out even the worst offensive teams, but nothing is out the realm of possibility when the Redskins play the Cowboys and it's mostly bad.  So I will keep expectations very low. 

Dang, pessimist much? 

Even Vegas has this as a pick em game.  It's going to be a dogfight. Let's just pray we bring enough fight to come out on top. 

Hail. 

I liked Amari Cooper in the draft --I've seen some say he doesn't love football so I don't about that part of his personality.  but if it checks out, intriguing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25041142/dallas-cowboys-researching-amari-cooper-considering-trade-oakland-raiders-wr

The Cowboys are not alone; the Raiders have heard inquiries on Cooper from, among others, the Washington Redskins and Indianapolis Colts, according to a league source.

But of all the teams that need wide receivers, the most intriguing is Dallas, and it would not be the first time that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has dealt for a receiver before the league's trade deadline.

I don’t know about his love for football but I know he has severely underperformed since his first season.  He also carries a big CAP number for next season. And I heard Osk wants a 1st.  

If ghey eat eat all his salary and we give them no more than a 5th then fine. No way they do that so it should get s no for us.  

But it the rumor is true about us asking I like that they are at least aware they gave an issue.  And before say it’s obvious, so far that has not been the case for the FO. They have arrogantly decided they are ok no matter how obvious it may be to everyone else.  I present NT and LG as exhibits A and B.  

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I don’t know about his love for football but I know he has severely underperformed since his first season.  He also carries a big CAP number for next season. And I heard Osk wants a 1st.  

If ghey eat eat all his salary and we give them no more than a 5th then fine. No way they do that so it should get s no for us.  

But it the rumor is true about us asking I like that they are at least aware they gave an issue.  And before say it’s obvious, so far that has not been the case for the FO. They have arrogantly decided they are ok no matter how obvious it may be to everyone else.  I present NT and LG as exhibits A and B.  

I wouldn't give up a first.  I'd consider a 3rd though.  I haven't though delved deep into Cooper since they draft so I defer to anyone who has paid more attention. In Alabama, the dude was polished route runner, clutch too.  Good YAC guy, explosive. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/amaricooper/2552487/careerstats

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2018 Oakland Raiders 6 22 280 12.7 46.7 36 1 4 0 14 0

2017 Oakland Raiders 14 48 680 14.2 48.6 87T 7 9 3 28 1

2016 Oakland Raiders 16 83 1,153 13.9 72.1 64T 5 21 2 47 2

2015 Oakland Raiders 16 72 1,070 14.9 66.9 68T 6 16 6 45 1

TOTAL 52 225 3,183 14.1 61.2 87 19 50 11 134 4

4 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Dang, pessimist much? 

Even Vegas has this as a pick em game.  It's going to be a dogfight. Let's just pray we bring enough fight to come out on top. 

Hail. 

With all sincerity, nobody wants to be wrong about this game more than me.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:09 PM, Thinking Skins said:
Hey one thing I wanted to look at. If you look at our first 5 QBs so far this year in terms of sack percentage: 

Sam Bradford: 7.0 (we had 2)
Andrew Luck: 3.4 (we had 1)
Aaron Rodgers: 7.1 (we had 4)
Drew Brees: 4.0 (we had 2)
Cam Newton: 4.5 (we had 1)

Looking ahead, we've got 
Dak Prescott 10.0
Eli Manning 8.0
Matt Ryan 7.1
Jamis Winston 6.2
Deshaun Watson 10.3

That seems to be a big difference over the next 5 games in terms of the amount of pressure we should be able to put up against them. That could easily translate to more sacks, but also more pressures and more turnovers. Hopefully if we have leads like against the Cardinals, Packers or Panthers, we are able to hold onto them a little better because those comeback drives get stalled earlier. 

Just thought I'd point this out. We had 4 sacks against Dallas, NY gave up 4 to ATL, so maybe we're seeing a sack steak coming

Archived