Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The airline experience has become miserable

No Excuses

16 minutes ago, China said:

Delta flight canceled when heat-related illnesses hit passengers headed from Las Vegas to Atlanta

Delta Air Lines canceled a flight from Las Vegas to Atlanta on Monday after extreme heat led to illnesses among passengers.

The number of passengers who were sick was not disclosed in a statement from the airline. Reports that the passengers were in the cabin on the ground for four hours could not be confirmed.

“We apologize for the experience our customers had on Flight 555 from Las Vegas to Atlanta on July 17, which ultimately resulted in a flight cancelation. Delta teams are looking into the circumstances that led to uncomfortable temperatures inside the cabin and we appreciate the efforts of our people and first responders at Harry Reid International.”

The apology to customers came along with a “compensatory gesture,” the airline said.

The official high temperature in Las Vegas on Monday was 108 degrees — 8 degrees lower than on Saturday, when the temperature was just a degree below the all-time record of 117.

Delta said passengers on Flight 555 were moved to other flights.

At least one customer sought treatment for heat-related discomfort, according to the airline.

Click on the link for the full article

Heat related discomfort?

\\soft-kobe-bryant.gif

• Haha 2

Raccoon runs rampant through Philadelphia airport baggage claim

Some travelers at Philadelphia International Airport got quite the surprise on Tuesday evening.

While passengers were waiting for their bags, a raccoon entered the baggage chute.

Video captured the critter scurrying away as travelers remained in shock near "Baggage Claim B/C" around 7:30 p.m.

Sara Higgins watched it all happen as she stood with her husband and three daughters.

• Haha 2

Drunk Delta Passenger Sexually Assaulted Mom and Teen Daughter on 9-Hour 'Nightmare' Flight: Lawsuit

A man sexually assaulted a mother and her teenage daughter on a nine-hour Delta Air Lines flight, according to a $2 million lawsuit filed against the airline on Tuesday.

The lawsuit accuses the airline of gross negligence and requests compensation for the two victims, according to Fox Business.

Court documents obtained by the outlet allege that attendants on a flight from JFK Airport in New York City to Athens, Greece, “blatantly ignored” pleas for help from the plaintiffs (the woman and her 16-year-old daughter) and continued to serve the man drinks despite him being noticeably drunk and belligerent.

The Delta attendants served the clearly drunk man, who was seated next to the plaintiffs, 10 vodka drinks and a glass of wine, the documents allege.

"The intoxicated Delta passenger appeared to be getting drunker and drunker as the Delta flight attendants continued serving him alcohol," the lawsuit, which was filed in the Eastern District of New York, claims.

The man’s behavior was increasingly aggressive throughout the July 26, 2022 flight, and he verbally harassed and inappropriately touched both women, the documents allege. 

“What happened to them during a flight was not just a nightmare, it was completely preventable,” the plaintiffs’ lawyer, Evan Brustein, said, according to The New York Post.

Because people are selfish and cowards. 

At least someone switched with the girl and say between the guy and mom so it would stop. 

Unbelievable the crew did nothing to help and continued to serve alcohol to him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 8/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, tshile said:

Unbelievable the crew did nothing to help and continued to serve alcohol to him. 

This is the craziest part. The bystander effect is real, but there's no excuse for the Delta staff. 

The allegations in the article are vile and difficult to read, and the response from the cabin crew was apparently "be patient."

• Thanks 1

Well apparently a person did eventually switch seats with the girl and sat between the asshole and the mother (better than nothing I guess).  Initially I thought 2 mil sounded high, but damn if the allegations are true then I would award way more than 2 mil.  Did these attendants get any training at all?

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed on my last trans-atlantic trip that people just get mad really fast. I've been a part of 6 hour delays. I understand that frustration. But for my latest flight we sat on the tarmac for an hour and a half and some of the people in were losing it. Mind you it was air-conditioned; we could watch all the movies available on the built in screens and they were coming around with snacks and taking kids to the ****pit to meet the Pilots. United, I thought, did a good job considering they had no control over the delay. 

I was able to watch Super Mario Brothers with my kids and we had a blast. Mind you I am medicated now. I think more people need some chill pills like I take. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Sitting on the tarmac for 90 minutes is unacceptable IMO. 

The longest I've sat on the plane was for 2 hours on the tarmac and we had to deboard and then they had to have people stay because they were taxed a weight penalty.  20 people had to volunteer to not go on the flight and each person got a $1000 airline credit.  This was with United.

It sucked ass because our 1 year old at the time slept on the tarmac for those 2 hours, so once we got on the flight, he wasn't sleeping.  We would have stayed in St. Thomas one more night if we weren't with the kids.  It would have just been such a hassle to get all our luggage and stuff back, and find a hotel for the night, etc, just to get the airline credits.

56 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Sitting on the tarmac for 90 minutes is unacceptable IMO. 

The longest I've sat on the plane was for 2 hours on the tarmac and we had to deboard and then they had to have people stay because they were taxed a weight penalty.  20 people had to volunteer to not go on the flight and each person got a $1000 airline credit.  This was with United.

It sucked ass because our 1 year old at the time slept on the tarmac for those 2 hours, so once we got on the flight, he wasn't sleeping.  We would have stayed in St. Thomas one more night if we weren't with the kids.  It would have just been such a hassle to get all our luggage and stuff back, and find a hotel for the night, etc, just to get the airline credits.

The rules change for a 1 year old that's for sure. Personally, I'd rather wait and take off then have to deplane.

Speaking of which, the people that become incensed when a baby is crying on the plane can jump the **** out, no parachute.

12 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Speaking of which, the people that become incensed when a baby is crying on the plane can jump the **** out, no parachute.

I'd rather the baby be tossed out.  That sound is well documented to cause anxiety in people.  Not fair to expect an entire plane of people to just be cool with it.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'd rather the baby be tossed out.  That sound is well documented to cause anxiety in people.  Not fair to expect an entire plane of people to just be cool with it.

Anxiety? oh no! How do you propose parents with a baby got to St Thomas? Maybe they shouldn't be allowed?

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Fair? And the parent loves to hear their kid scream. Get a decent pair of noise-cancelling headphones or fly private. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Tell me you have never experienced crippling anxiety without telling me have experienced crippling anxiety. 

You know who hates hearing that baby scream more than you do? 

The baby's parents.

Just put some damn headphones on.  Who the hell flies without headphones now a days?

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You know who hates hearing that baby scream more than you do? 

The baby's parents.

Just put some damn headphones on.  Who the hell flies without headphones now a days?

So the ability to travel with a baby should trump everyone else's ability to have a peaceful flight?

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Tell me you have never experienced crippling anxiety without telling me have experienced crippling anxiety. 

You don’t know me. Babies crying don’t trigger my anxiety. They do however trigger my empathy. Well, actual babies. Not grown men babies. 

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So the ability to travel with a baby should trump everyone else's ability to have a peaceful flight?

Tell me you don’t have children without telling me you don’t have children. 

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Put your headphones on, and you have your peaceful flight.  What's so hard about that?

You having a peaceful flight doesn't take precedent over telling someone else if they can fly with their child or not. 

Or pay for a first class ticket to pretty much guarantee you a peaceful flight, and a much more comfortable way to travel.

I'm starting to wonder if you've even ever heard a baby cry on a plane.  You won't even hear them if you are like 5-6 rows away, or if you do, it's faint.  It's only loud when it's in a row really close to you.  And typically, babies don't cry the entire flight.  They cry because they need something and can't speak, and once that is figured out, they stop.

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

People that take babies on planes are cornballs.  If you just absolutely have to show off your crotchfruit, folks can fly to you.  Otherwise, wait until they’re old enough to somewhat understand/appreciate the situation and then we can all enjoy our flight together.

If my options are stay home or go to the Caribbean, I'm going to the Caribbean, whether I have to bring a baby with me or not.

I've traveled a bunch with my kids when they were babies/toddlers and wouldn't have changed it for anything.  

Call me cornballbeast.

Edited by purbeast

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If my options are stay home or go to the Caribbean, I'm going to the Caribbean, whether I have to bring a baby with me or not.

Yea, this response does not surprise me at all.

13 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

You don’t know me. Babies crying don’t trigger my anxiety. They do however trigger my empathy. Well, actual babies. Not grown men babies. 

Well they do mine.  And I never really understood panic attacks until I started having them.  Has nothing to do with being man babies.  It is a legit, medical condition. 

13 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Tell me you don’t have children without telling me you don’t have children. 

I've told everyone here a million times I don't have kids.

11 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Otherwise, wait until they’re old enough to somewhat understand/appreciate the situation and then we can all enjoy our flight together.

This times a million.  So worried about making their vacation to wherever that they are going without consideration to others trapped in a metal tube with them.  

"Just buy earphones"  How about you buy them for the whole plane.  Or take a vacation closer to home this year.