Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The airline experience has become miserable

No Excuses

On 9/5/2023 at 11:46 AM, ixcuincle said:

1) Saw on TV yesterday American is cracking down on skipping the last leg of a destination. People apparently skipjack or whatever to book a flight that has a layover, and then not bother to fly the rest of the way. AA recently started cracking down on it, United filed a lawsuit against it as did Southwest and other companies

2) Even after using the IPA or whatever Matrix it's still 700 to vegas next month so still gonna look for cheaper airfare.

This has been a thing for a while and other airlines have tried to sue the third party ticket sellers in the past and always lost. 

im not sure why United thinks they can win this one. 

if they’re willing to sell the ticket and someone buys it, not sure what their grounds are for claiming you’ve now done something wrong. 

Edited by tshile

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

im not sure why United thinks they can win this won. 

if they’re willing to sell the ticket and someone buys it, not sure what their grounds are for claiming you’ve now done something wrong. 

It violates the terms and conditions set by airlines. It's by no means illegal but the airlines can certainly ban passengers for skipping connecting flights. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

It violates the terms and conditions set by airlines. It's by no means illegal but the airlines can certainly ban passengers for skipping connecting flights. 🤷‍♂️

Seems like you’re pretty sure of that. 

but previous lawsuits have been dismissed or withdrawal, including one filed by United 

https://www.businessinsider.com/airlines-fight-skiplagging-court-lawsuits-thrown-out-settled-2023-7?op=1

don’t know that it’s clear at all what the outcome will be. 

• Haha 1

Having taken 5 flights from 5 different airports this week, probably safe to say that less than 5% of people were masked in airport and/or on-board.

Gl with that. Especially with flu season coming. 

Edit..also the Denver Airport is ridiculous to fly in and out of. Hardly any food other than kiosks in the SWA area...which encompasses like 60??? or so gates. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Having taken 5 flights from 5 different airports this week, probably safe to say that less than 5% of people were masked in airport and/or on-board.

Gl with that. Especially with flu season coming. 

Edit..also the Denver Airport is ridiculous to fly in and out of. Hardly any food other than kiosks in the SWA area...which encompasses like 60??? or so gates. 

I take it Elways restaurant isnt in that section of the Airport...

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I take it Elways restaurant isnt in that section of the Airport...

I saw Smashburger (with bar). And a lot of pop up kiosks selling snacks. 2 other restaurants were under construction. But I also didn't walk all 99 gates.

Fwiw I LOVE smashburger and was happy with that..I was just surprised how little options people had in my area. 

Just now, purbeast said:

I am flying to Aruba next weekend and will not be masking up if it's optional.  If it's required I have no issue doing but I will take my chances.

Definitely understand that. And really it's to each their own as I really wasn't trying to be authoritative. Just an observation (and perhaps some aggravation) that people have moved on from taking basic precautions and that we should probably expect a bad fall/winter with flu and covid. 

Have fun in Aruba!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I saw Smashburger (with bar). And a lot of pop up kiosks selling snacks. 2 other restaurants were under construction. But I also didn't walk all 99 gates.

Fwiw I LOVE smashburger and was happy with that..I was just surprised how little options people had in my area. 

I regularly fly Richmond to Denver so pretty familiar with terminal B. Smashburger and the 5280 Lounge are my go-tos for food and killing time/enjoying a ridiculously large glass of wine before my flight. Got there a couple weeks ago in the morning and they had mimosas available. Cool to unexpectedly start drinking at 8am. ****ing love airports. 

Edited by TheGoodBits
  • Thumb up 3

Couple demand refund after Singapore Airlines flight ruined by farting dog

It was a ruff flight.

A New Zealand couple is demanding a refund after they spent a 13-hour flight stuck next to a slobbering, farting and whiny dog.

Gill and Warren Press said their Singapore Airlines flight from Paris — which they forked out extra for premium economy seats — was ruined by the noisy and gassy emotional service pooch.

“I heard this noise – a heavy snorting,” Gill told New Zealand outlet Stuff, adding that she originally thought it was emitting from her husband’s phone before realizing it was a dog’s labored breathing.

“I said, ‘I’m not having this sitting next to us the whole trip.’”

The couple said they overheard the owner telling another passenger that the stocky pup eased her anxiety, however, they insisted that the dog appeared to be distressed and struggling with the affliction on his own.

When they raised concerns with a flight attendant, the annoyed travelers said the hostess offered that they move their seats to the only available ones left — in the back row of economy.

The Presses decided it was not worth giving up the luxury seats that they splurged on for the long-haul trip to their layover in Singapore.

But their patience reached breaking point halfway through the 13-hour journey — when a certain smell could no longer be ignored.

The canine had begun farting as it inched closer into their personal space, the couple said.

Click on the link for the full article

Passenger Tries To Break Into ****pit On United Airlines Flight

A United Airlines flight was recently disrupted when a passenger tried to enter the ****pit. The plane was still on the ground but had left the gate and was preparing for departure. Passenger entry into the ****pit during any stage of the flight is strictly prohibited. The recent incident is one of many in which a passenger has made such an attempt.

On September 8th, a United Airlines’ domestic service was disrupted after a passenger attempted to break into the ****pit. The Boeing 737 aircraft was preparing to depart Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) for Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) as flight UA 1641.

The aircraft was preparing for departure when a passenger tried to open the flight deck door and even the emergency exit doors. The 737 had to eventually return to the gate, where law enforcement officers were waiting to detain the passenger.

The same year, a Delta Air Lines Boeing 737 flying to Nashville, Tennessee, from Los Angeles, was forced to divert to Albuquerque, New Mexico, when a passenger tried to enter the ****pit mid-air. It took several passengers and flight attendants to restrain him.

In 2022, a man was arrested after he entered the ****pit of an American Airlines Boeing 737 during the boarding process for its flight from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, to Miami, Florida. He even damaged some ****pit controls and attempted to jump out of the ****pit window.

Click on the link for the full article

WTF is wrong with people these days?

Got to the airport my two hours early for the frontier $78 special to Denver and literally the second I walked in the door they texted me the flight was an hour and a half late.  Bars in the AP close at 8.  Podunk bull****.

Ohhh, they added another hour and a half.  Getting close to the tipping point where it would have just been better to drive.

Update: Well at least they just bagged until the morning instead of stringing us along all night.  Going back home to try again manana.

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Sad 1