Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The airline experience has become miserable

No Excuses

United flight makes emergency landing in San Francisco after alleged bomb threat, officials say

A United Airlines flight headed to Vancouver, Canada from Los Angeles made an emergency landing in San Francisco Monday night due to an alleged bomb threat, officials said.

SFO's duty manager said a passenger on-board the flight announced some sort of bomb threat.

Investigators are speaking to passengers who were on board the flight.

Click on the link for the full article

Goodness.  I normally take a sedan to the airport on business.  Since I have an afternoon flight, I went with a rental car. 

Forgot to mention people in Los Angeles cannot handle the rain.  

Taking this rental car bus FOREVER!! To get to my terminal.  Ridiculous... 

Welp -- I'll never know if the rest of the folks on that slow moving bus made their flights.... but I made mine.  I am typically a "waiting at the gate for at least an hour" type.  I was at the gate for about 10 to 15 min. 

Closest I have ever missed a flight in my life was a 7AM out of Philly.  I was staying at the airport hotel and thought "gee the sun sure is bright for 515 AM". Idiot!  It's 615!!!  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Welp -- I'll never know if the rest of the folks on that slow moving bus made their flights.... but I made mine.  I am typically a "waiting at the gate for at least an hour" type.  I was at the gate for about 10 to 15 min. 

Closest I have ever missed a flight in my life was a 7AM out of Philly.  I was staying at the airport hotel and thought "gee the sun sure is bright for 515 AM". Idiot!  It's 615!!!  

I landed in LAX last Thursday at noon. When I got to the car rental island & got on the Enterprise bus, it must have taken us 45-50 minutes to get to the lot. I've never seen the airport that crowded at noon during the week. I used to land LAX at noon on Monday's every week for 6 months & never saw crowds like I saw last week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chaos as American Airlines ‘workers forced to hold cracked plane door shut after takeoff before U-turning back’

AN American Airlines plane has taken a U-turn mid-air and landed abruptly due to a mechanical issue.

One apparent customer claimed that workers were holding a cracked door shut when the nightmarish flight returned to Los Angeles Friday.

The American Airlines flyer took to X to share her experience once the flight grounded.

She said: "American Airlines had to deplane us, and my boss heard the flight attendants say that there was a crack in the door and they had to physically hold the door closed while they turned the plane back."

The U.S. Sun reached out to AA for comment on the post, and got confirmation that the flight to Mexico City returned due to a "possible mechanical issue."

Click on the link for the full story

• 2 weeks later...

My first leg to Belize last week from BWI to Houston had to make an emergency landing in Little Rock, AK due to medical emergency.  That is the first time that has ever happened to me.  Thankfully we had a 90 minute layover in Houston so we were still able to (barely) make our connecting flight. 

I don't know what was wrong with the person but like 30 mins into the flight they asked if any medical person was on board and that person was with the other person for about an hour or so, and then I ran to the bathroom and could feel the plane starting to turn which seemed weird, then when I came out the captain said we were making an emergency landing in AK.  The person walked off on their own power with paramedics around so I'm assuming they ended up okay.

• Like 1

Delta passengers stranded at remote military base after flight diverted to Canada

More than 200 passengers were stuck in remote Canada for over 21 hours after a Delta flight traveling from Amsterdam to Detroit, Michigan, experienced a mechanical issue and needed to make an emergency landing. 

Delta flight 135 was diverted to Goose Bay Airport, a remote facility in Newfoundland, Canada, on Sunday, with 270 people on board. Passenger Aditi Shankar told CBS News that airplane staff said the issue was related to deicing one of the plane's engines. 

"They had to make a landing urgently," Shankar said. 

The airport is a Canadian Forces Base located in a small town, but has a long runway that made landing possible, according to CBS News senior travel adviser Peter Greenberg. 

Passengers were stuck on board the plane for hours as temperatures plummeted. Shankar said that she and other passengers had not had a "real meal" in more than 15 hours, and said many passengers were not prepared for the cold temperatures and did not have jackets. 

Three Spirit Airline flight attendants sent to hospital after exposure to fumes, authorities say

New Jersey state troopers were called out to Atlantic City International Airport early Sunday morning after three flight attendants were “exposed to fumes,” a New Jersey State Police spokesman confirmed.

All three Spirit Airlines flight attendants were sent to an area hospital for further medical evaluation, Jeffrey Lebron, a detective and State Police spokesperson, said in a statement Sunday.

Lebron noted that troopers initially responded at 5:47 a.m. on Sunday to a “medical assist” at the Egg Harbor Township airport.

He added that the flight attendants were performing their preflight checks inside the aircraft when the incident took place.

“The Spirit Airline aircraft was empty at the time of the fumes exposure,” Lebron said Sunday afternoon. “The status of the three flight attendants is unknown at this time.”

The State Police spokesman did not provide more details on the incident or say what exactly the employees came in contact with.

Lebron said all three flight attendants were sent to the hospital for “non-life-threatening injuries.”

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh...

TSA: Washington County man tried to bring gun in carry-on luggage at PIT

For the 44th time this year, a passenger was stopped from bringing a loaded firearm onto a plane at Pittsburgh International Airport.

The Washington County man was caught with a .380 caliber handgun loaded with six bullets among his carry-on items on Christmas Day, according to the TSA.

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Sitting here at gate A11 waiting to board and some super-genius is flying with a cat…AND IT IS HOWLING IN SHEAR TERROR.

I hope they sit right next to you and I hope you are flying to Asia.

• Haha 4