Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Aaron Rodgers Gimpy Knee

TK

6 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Man I hate when we switch centers.  Seriously a center needs to play on every down with the QB and develop special chemistry.  Especially in Chase case, being such a young player.

Yeah I'd have played Nsekhe left guard. Good reliable stand in and causes less havoc across the line. 

17 minutes ago, TK said:

No. 66 Tony Bergstrom is expected to start in place of No. 73 Chase Roullier at center.

No. 73 Chase Roullier is expected to start in place of No. 77 Shawn Lauvao at left guard.

We get one chance to see a fully healthy line that DOESN'T have Lauvao in it, and the coaches decide to cripple it right out of the gate. Can't get any more Redskins than this.

Terrified Rodgers is going to destroy us and send us into a death spiral. Our best stars are mostly aging and I do not want to see a second half stretch where its going so badly that an already easy-to-please Gruden becomes a lame duck waiting for Black Monday. That situation paired with being tied to a 34-year old Smith would be devastating. 

Hate to be negative but last week was a wake up call as to where this team still is under Gruden. Just has the feel right now like Shanahan and Zorn's last years where things just fell apart. I don't think things are that bad and I don't think there's internal strife like those years--but this feels like a make or break season and last week followed by playing Rodgers (who will break even good teams' hearts) this week...it's an ominous start.

Happy game day!

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

It's exciting and suspenseful wondering whether the guys will be feeling like playing with focus and passion the whole game or just sort of however they feel at the time and subject to where their head's at in the moment on everything in general. Pins and needles here.

I don’t want to generalize... because it’s not everybody. It’s just that on a team with 53 players.... it’s too many of them. And it seems to rotate amongst all of them. And the results are what they are.... because even our top players are unable to do it consistently.

48 minutes ago, TK said:

It's not the Hotel California so you can check out anytime. :) 

Actually, you can always check out of the Hotel California. It's "leaving" that's the issue. 

So yeah, being a Redskins fan as long as I have been, it's very much like being in the Hotel California. Nice metaphor. :)

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hate to be negative but last week was a wake up call as to where this team still is under Gruden. Just has the feel right now like Shanahan and Zorn's last years where things just fell apart. I don't think things are that bad and I don't think there's internal strife like those years--but this feels like a make or break season and last week followed by playing Rodgers (who will break even good teams' hearts) this week...it's an ominous start.

No worries. We get to play Drew Brees next week and relive our 2017 game against them, minus the whole 'leading the Saints by 2 scores' part. On the plus side, at least we won't have to have the life beaten out of us for it. That'll be taken care of today.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sorry but I predict we get blown out.  Don't think it will even be close.

Come on. You’re a Redskins fan. So if you feel this way.... you can be assured that we’ll either win (and it makes the Indy game even more maddening).... or we’ll lose at the last second in a comedy of errors (compete just enough to give us the passing belief that we could/should have won the game). Which makes you even resent the fact that you were right all along that they were going to lose.

16 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Man I hate when we switch centers.  Seriously a center needs to play on every down with the QB and develop special chemistry.  Especially in Chase case, being such a young player.

Agreed. If we want Chase to develop into a great Center, don't move him to OG. If you have to do that after a single injury to an OG you didn't do your job in the off-season. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Agreed. If we want Chase to develop into a great Center, don't move him to OG. If you have to do that after a single injury to an OG you didn't do your job in the off-season. 

The fact that Lauvao was still the starting LG was sign enough they didn't do their job in the offseason.

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

No worries. We get to play Drew Brees next week and relive our 2017 game against them, minus the whole 'leading the Saints by 2 scores' part. On the plus side, at least we won't have to have the life beaten out of us for it. That'll be taken care of today.

Wait wait wait....what the **** happened to our bye week??? **** you Mara!!!! This reeks of his doing....

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait wait wait....what the **** happened to our bye week??? **** you Mara!!!! This reeks of his doing....

Last season it was determined we violated the spirit of the bye week. So last night at 11:45 PM the NFL took away our bye week for the next 3 years and a 1st and 4th round pick next year.

Archived