Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thoughts: Redskins vs. Cardinals

KDawg

I couldn't see any mention of AP's attitude statement after the game. I think this sums up what I hope are the new Redskins. AP said he ran and punished for those extra yards because that's the way he plays..punishing. I think that attitude came from jettisoning some of the old retreads with a lesser desire for these younger MEANER players showed tonight. Guys like Sheriff, Kerrigan,Zack B, Allen, Payne, Norman, Dunbar..too many to list play hard.

If I could put the win into one statement I'd say the TEAM played HARD and Aggressive. Allot of Gruden's teams in the past lacked that attitude in spades. Maybe its the players like AP that are cultivating that internally. Gruden should watch and learn...

Kudos to the team for that BAD attitude..I enjoyed the hell out of it!

4 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I couldn't see any mention of AP's attitude statement after the game. I think this sums up what I hope are the new Redskins. AP said he ran and punished for those extra yards because that's the way he plays..punishing. I think that attitude came from jettisoning some of the old retreads with a lesser desire for these younger MEANER players showed tonight. Guys like Sheriff, Kerrigan,Zack B, Allen, Payne, Norman, Dunbar..too many to list play hard.

If I could put the win into one statement I'd say the TEAM played HARD and Aggressive. Allot of Gruden's teams in the past lacked that attitude in spades. Maybe its the players like AP that are cultivating that internally. Gruden should watch and learn...

Kudos to the team for that BAD attitude..I enjoyed the hell out of it!

I think there is something to this.

Offensively, there really isn't anyone on the team that has been like that. Garcon was that guy before, but he's not here now.

AP is a different class though. Here is a 33 year old, future first ballot HoFer, outworking everyone. How do you look yourself in the eye and not say, "I'm doing the best I can" when you see a guy that was on the streets 3 weeks ago, 5 years older than you, outworking you.

And he does it

Every

Single

Play.

I think the team is already feeding off of it.

32 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Offense

We really need to get AP comfortable with some runs from Shotgun.  He had at least 1 good one (that I remember) out of Shotgun.  If that continues, then Alex can do more RPO's and pre-snap audibles.  That I feel is the next big step for our offense, improved consistency.  I think that's why we gave CT more of a workload earlier on, he can operate well with Alex.

I dont see that happening.  He's been in the league a long time and has been open about not caring for running out of the shotgun.  Dont think he'll take to it now.

53 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont see that happening.  He's been in the league a long time and has been open about not caring for running out of the shotgun.  Dont think he'll take to it now.

I agree, and that's an issue.  I think a large part of why Peterson never got a workout (right?) before we called him, is because of his schematic limitations.  Chris Thompson was wildly efficient against the Cardinals, part of that is Alex reading the D and making decisions to give that play better odds of success.

If Peterson can't adapt, a least a little more, there will be some rough games ahead for him and us.  That said, he's still talented, and there will be some opponents who just can't stop him.

Look. I think the point we are all missing here is that Alex Smith is terrible. Yeah 8.5 yards per attempt and yada yada yada. We need to bring back cousins and Terrelle Pryor immediately. There is no receiving threat on this team. What a waste of a trade Smith was. We need to make sure we get a QB of the future in here fast. 

I was kinda pissed at the commentator guy who got Trent and the Cards LT confused in the 1st quarter. 2nd quarter he corrected himself that he switched the 2 up and apologized.

And then every single time he wanted to talk about Trent .. he felt the need to acknowledge and apologize for confusing the 2 before he got to his comment.

I started to feel bad for the guy after a while. I get it. You made a mistake. Lets move on brother. What are you, canadian or something. Its all good.

With regard to Ryan Anderson's play, seems I read an article in Hog's Haven, whenever Ryan was playing alongside Daron Payne at Alabama his stats went up (TFLs and sacks).  When Payne was drafted in the RD1, it made a great deal of sense (despite others who considered Payne a late first round or second round pick).  The result is obvious that Payne's talent will positively affect the performance of all on the DL, particularly, Ryan.  I am anxious to see it.

With regard to Adrian Peterson, the man has a hunger and need to prove himself.  This form of self-motivation will rub off on all, but can it be maintained?  Fifteen games to go.

The next piece of this machine to be tested is the "secondary".  The DL will stop the "run", make their presence felt, place pressure on Luck to be rid of the ball before it's time.  Go Quinton.  Go Montae.  Go Fabian.  Go Deshazor.

This should make the game more interesting.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Don't feed the troll...

I thought the post was pretty ironic to me.

At least, that's how I understood it first.

It seemed obvious when he added Pryor to it...

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

I think there is something to this.

Offensively, there really isn't anyone on the team that has been like that. Garcon was that guy before, but he's not here now.

AP is a different class though. Here is a 33 year old, future first ballot HoFer, outworking everyone. How do you look yourself in the eye and not say, "I'm doing the best I can" when you see a guy that was on the streets 3 weeks ago, 5 years older than you, outworking you.

And he does it

Every

Single

Play.

I think the team is already feeding off of it.

Yeah that's probably disregarded, and in this sense I would add Alex Smith to this list.

The guys just looks like it. Doesn't do much talking, but it was obvious he was the boss out there.

And you don't want to mess with the boss, especially when he gots gorillaz like Silverback and Scherff.

33 minutes ago, Cherokee said:

With regard to Adrian Peterson, the man has a hunger and need to prove himself.  This form of self-motivation will rub off on all, but can it be maintained?  Fifteen games to go.

My hope is that against Indy, we can limit Peterson to 15-17 carries. If that D is as soft as I hope, we could run more Rob and still manage 3-4 ypc as we milk out a multi-score lead. 

29 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I thought the post was pretty ironic to me.

At least, that's how I understood it first.

It seemed obvious when he added Pryor to it...

Yeah that's probably disregarded, and in this sense I would add Alex Smith to this list.

The guys just looks like it. Doesn't do much talking, but it was obvious he was the boss out there.

And you don't want to mess with the boss, especially when he gots gorillaz like Silverback and Scherff.

Alex Smith's off season program is pretty extreme. For those of you that are unfamiliar...

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/17443/underwater-training-in-hawaii-was-part-of-alex-smiths-vacation-routine

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Alex Smith and his family took advantage of his recent break from football to vacation in Hawaii. It obviously wasn’t all fun and games for the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback.

Smith’s wife Elizabeth recently tweeted a couple of pictures of Smith’s workouts while in Hawaii. They don’t look like much fun. In one, Smith is carrying a large rock while walking on the bottom of the ocean.

Smith arrived at training camp on Tuesday, a day before the Chiefs begin a three-day minicamp for quarterbacks and rookies. He said the underwater training isn’t anything new for him.

image.png.412a6ce106905641836491699ba07bce.png

Here's an interesting stat: For the first time since 1991, the Redskins currently hold the #1 seed in the NFC.

That's right. Skins have never been the top seed in the NFC since their last SB run. There have been many times where we've had the same record as the #1 NFC seed, but due to tiebreakers, we've never technically held the #1 seed. Until now.

We control our own destiny.

Championship!

I'm rewatching bits of the game as I have time.

I thought Ryan Anderson had a really nice block to bury that LB into the dirt and give AP the clear lane for the TD.

Also, Reed is getting better at blocking, he's one of the main reasons for this big run by CP in the first quarter, he owned Chandler Jones on this play.  In case you don't recognize him he's the Redskin blocking on the inside as CP runs through the hole.

ChLyGoI.jpg

ip6KP8N.jpg

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Here's an interesting stat: For the first time since 1991, the Redskins currently hold the #1 seed in the NFC.

That's right. Skins have never been the top seed in the NFC since their last SB run. There have been many times where we've had the same record as the #1 NFC seed, but due to tiebreakers, we've never technically held the #1 seed. Until now.

Championship!

Better duck! 

Incoming, will be a dozen or more posts that tell you to disbelieve and expect the worst!    ? 

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Championship!

This week 'The Others' in the East play on MNF.  You got Dallas going to give up some yards to Barkley and go 0-2, Giants 1-1.  More important is the Fitz Factor...Playing the Eagles with a Foles that looks like he did when he was on the Lams.  If Fitz comes out sling it, the Eagles might have some trouble keeping up.  

Skins should cover to go 2-0.

Eagles get even 1-1.

Giants get even 1-1.

Dallas 0-2.  

If all the stars align.  

I don't think AP needs to get comfortable out of the gun... why try to fit a square peg into a round hole? We have backs that can go out of the gun... Perine, Kelley and Thompson can all play out of the gun.

Using AP mostly under center gives the offense an entirely different look. Now teams have to prep for gun/under center work. Part of the beauty of the current offense is that it utilizes players where they fit versus where we want them to fit. Let's not be crazy with a decade + pro and try to change his game. Downhill is his game. Let him do it.

19 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm rewatching bits of the game as I have time.

I thought Ryan Anderson had a really nice block to bury that LB into the dirt and give AP the clear lane for the TD.

Also, Reed is getting better at blocking, he's one of the main reasons for this big run by CP in the first quarter, he owned Chandler Jones on this play.  In case you don't recognize him he's the Redskin blocking on the inside as CP runs through the hole.

Edit

Ryan Anderson? He is playing Offense now? I must have missed that. Interesting. Playing FB? Can you post screens? 

Edit: This has been answered - about 6 times now...  ?   

Archived