Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday Night Lights - Game Thread

TK

I actually don’t mind them looking bad in this game, hopefully it shuts up all the Pollyanna’s who think we’re going to dominate. We were 7-9 last year and walked into this year on the premise that if we hadn’t gotten so many injuries we would’ve been...what exactly? Marginal? A wild card team? yay for that. Hopefully this is a wake up call.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats the thing we have no idea what they are even calling. Pretty vanilla offense so far in both the running and passing games. 

Exactly.  It's tough because we are seeing Denver is doing the same thing.  I always say its one thing to evaluate, but if you end up with three and outs, you can't evaluate.  Bend a little so we can keep drives going and actually see what we can do, there is such thing as too vanilla.  Jay's offense can get people open, seen it work.

I'm not worried about our passing game. I guess i trust Jay the most in that regard. AP showed that he still had something today and that's all I really cared about. I'd like to see Doctson and some other wrs come in and do something but that's not a necessity. Going into the season I think we have a running game which is more that I've felt since Guice went down. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats the thing we have no idea what they are even calling. Pretty vanilla offense so far in both the running and passing games. 

Why would we run anything vanilla? We suck, we need to play like it matters. 

this team should never be in the discussion of "we need to rest our starters during preseason". yes, only if they're coming off injury (CT) and/or a vital piece to this offence (Reed). other than that, no one on this team is too good not to play.

we're just not that good to sit on our asses and say "we're ready". none of that Lebron, "flip the switch" bull****.

AP has shown all he needs to.  He will be starting RB on this team until Guice is back.

The team looks bad tonight, but the bright side it is more on the execution side.

Are the WR's not getting any separation at all?  I keep seeing Alex Smith wanting to throw to them but he pulls ball down and goes to RB or TE.

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Oddly enough I’d say he is the only bright spot so far.  

Yes, but if you could pick one spot to be a bright spot tonight, it would be AP giving us hope he still has a lot to offer and maybe our rb situation isn't as dire as it has appeared. 

3 minutes ago, Capsman said:

This is an example of someone looking at stats rather than watching games.  Sacks don’t mean a damn thing; consistent pressure is much more valuable.  I’ll take consistent pressure with 4 rushing and 25 sacks over 40 sacks sporadically on blitzes with infinitely more big plays against.  

You may need to pay more attention to stats.  Matt Ioanniddis, whom isn't playing today.  Was one of the leaders in the league at QB pressures.  You don't know what you're talking about.

Archived