Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I would love to have Peterson back, but at the same time, I feel guilty having a hall of fame running back and completely ruining the end to his career.

Thank you..I think this is spot on..my exact thoughts..well my first thought was I guess it must not be that bad if Adrian Peterson wants to come back lolĀ 

Most players say they want to be back, followed by some other pleasantries. Ā Particular a HOFer like Peterson who after carrying the team last week still puts the blame on his shoulders.

Ā 

Perhaps he really doesnā€™t feel like suiting up in yet another uniform and would rather just stick it out here. Ā We should be so lucky.

Peterson could've easily been a 1500 yard rusher this year. He left that many yards on the field with the not so ideal fit, and all the injuries. I'd like to have him back, but it's likely that after this season, he won't have to wait u til late in the summer to have a workout for a team.Ā 

Ā 

I'd hate to see him in a place like Dallas.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Peterson could've easily been a 1500 yard rusher this year. He left that many yards on the field with the not so ideal fit, and all the injuries. I'd like to have him back, but it's likely that after this season, he won't have to wait u til late in the summer to have a workout for a team.Ā 

Ā 

I'd hate to see him in a place like Dallas.

Thankfully, I don't see him going to Dallas. Peterson has always wanted to be top dog, and Ezekiel Elliot will always have that role there.

Re-signing AP is actually a great move by the team given the QB situation and Guice coming off of an ACL injury.

Ā 

Peterson plays young, but he is a little older with a lot of miles on his body. That doesn't mean he can't do it, but carrying the ball 30 times every game is in his rear view mirror.Ā 

Ā 

Guice and Peterson can split carries. It also gives a lot of room for multi-back sets.

Ā 

Thompson (if he's healthy) in the slot with Guice/Peterson in the backfield could be a dangerous grouping. Guice/Thompson. Peterson/Thompson. Thompson/Guice. Kapri Bibbs and any one of... oh wait... *sigh*

Ā 

Ideally, our RB depth chart would look like this:

Ā 

Every down back:

Ā 

1. Peterson/Guice

2. Thompson

3. Marshall

Ā 

Third Down/Hurry Up:

Ā 

1. Thompson

2. Marshall

3. Peterson

4. Guice (for next season I'm okay with him not being as involved until he's totally healed)

Ā 

Ideally you get AP/Guice about 30-35 touches a game total. If one hits a groove and is on fire, you ride the hot hand.

Ā 

Get Thompson/Marshall 5-15 touches a game. Same deal.

Ā 

It will be interesting to see what he's worth on the open market.Ā  $1M is a steal andĀ I doubt he'll be happy with that amount from a non-contender where he will need to split carries.Ā  Raiders have a ton of cap space and might overpay for a guy who doesn't want a long term contract.Ā  Dolphins need a running back, but have the same problems we do at QB and salary cap.

30 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

It will be interesting to see what he's worth on the open market.Ā  $1M is a steal andĀ I doubt he'll be happy with that amount from a non-contender where he will need to split carries.Ā  Raiders have a ton of cap space and might overpay for a guy who doesn't want a long term contract.Ā  Dolphins need a running back, but have the same problems we do at QB and salary cap.

Ā 

Miami would be an interesting, but ackward fit. Ā They would have the current active leader in rushing yards (Gore) and the number 2 active player in rushing yards (AP). Ā I think both of those players would prefer not to split carries with each other.

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

Ā 

Miami would be an interesting, but ackward fit. Ā They would have the current active leader in rushing yards (Gore) and the number 2 active player in rushing yards (AP). Ā I think both of those players would prefer not to split carries with each other.

Gore is likely done.Ā  Maybe not, he's come back from much worse, but his foot injury makes him a unsure bet for next year at his age.

18 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I would love to have Peterson back, but at the same time, I feel guilty having a hall of fame running back and completely ruining the end to his career.

Ā 

Ruining the end of his career? I think we resurrected his career.

Ā 

I agree, though, that if he can hitch onto a legit contender in need of a boost to their RB unit, Peterson would be an ideal fit and a more fitting end to his career than churning out yards on a 7-9 team. But at the same time, it would have been churning out yards on a 7-9 team that allowed him that opportunity to begin with lol,,,

25 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ā 

Ruining the end of his career? I think we resurrected his career.

Ā 

I agree, though, that if he can hitch onto a legit contender in need of a boost to their RB unit, Peterson would be an ideal fit and a more fitting end to his career than churning out yards on a 7-9 team. But at the same time, it would have been churning out yards on a 7-9 team that allowed him that opportunity to begin with lol,,,

He absolutely benefited from this year, I'm not doubting that. I'm talking about if he's still with us next year, on a team that is likely to fall somewhere in the 3-13 to 8-8 field, and which may or not not be the last year before everything is nuked. At his age, he'd be better off with a stable team that he can prove himself to be #1 on. Even with his production here, a lot of teams aren't going trust him as their #1 back without a lot of persuasion or (bad) luck.

We all gonna **** when ap and Guice run us to the playoffs next year..if, IF the o line stays healthy...if ya look at the way the offense has played the last couple weeks against the defenses they've played against ya got to wonder if Johnson is ment for this team..I was one to say I don't see him on the roster next year but after the last two games it's starting to change my mind...if they can control the line when on offense again like they did in Tennessee we have a shot to play spoiler Sunday.... back to next year..ya.. obviously Trent will be back for another year and we need to pray scherff comes back fully healthy, Moses will still be the r tackle and I can't help but to think there's gonna be a change at left guard with Lavou..center still belongs to roullier?.. healthy Richardson...Crowder and Reed gone sprinkle steps up.. doctson stays ...I could see(and this is based off of what I've seen the last two weeks.. we'll see more especially after Sunday...)Our offense being successful with Josh Johnson.. Derrus Guice, Adrian Peterson and(I'm still in the air with )c Thompson...I know I shouldn't be looking to the future in this dumpster fi I mean crystal ball but I'm still a fan.

@bakedtater1Ā Iā€™m actually with you on this. Ā Add a good left guard, roll with the blocking scheme we ran vs Tennessee, and these guys could carry us to the playoffs (and **** up our hope for a top qb in 2020, lol). Ā 

Ā 

Defense isĀ a different story. Ā Got some good pieces, and some other decent guys, but at least a few needs. Ā 

On 12/27/2018 at 9:04 PM, NickyJ said:

Ā 

I mean, his teams in Minn never really did anything either.Ā  Not like he's been on great teams before now.

20 hours ago, aszumilo said:

I want AP back, if only for 1 reason, to teach Guice.Ā  There is nobody on the team, Coach or player, that I would want to help him along besides AP.Ā  Teach the kid how to be a professional and the rest will follow.

Ā 

This.Ā  But also, I'm not comfortable handing Guice bellcow duties coming off an ACL and having taken zero snaps.Ā  Let him split time with AP for a year and get his leg(s) under him.Ā 

Ā 

My only concern would be AP not being effective only getting 5-10Ā carries or so a game.Ā  He needs 15-20+ to really get going.Ā  Between him, Guice, and CT, not really many snaps to go around.Ā  I dont wanna see what happened when AP was in New Orleans trying to squeeze touches from Ingram and Kamara.

Archived